Found Deceased AZ - Jerold Williams, 5, Jacob Lake, 6 Aug 2015

Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints???? does that have to do with that guy by the name of warren jeffs???

The best thing to put on your child while out camping is to hang a whistle around their neck. You can hear the sound of a whistle, on a calm night, a mile away. Every ATV I own has got a whistle under the seat, along with a spare key, both on the same key ring. If you were somehow injured or trapped to the point of being unable to move, you can lay right there on the ground and blow on that whistle until somebody can find you. The high pitched squeal will travel an incredible distance, and it won't be confused with other sounds.

And yes, as someone stated previously, staying put in one place and not moving is the best way to be found if one becomes lost. Good luck explaining that to a 5 year old, however.

The best thing to put on your child while out camping is to hang a whistle around their neck. You can hear the sound of a whistle, on a calm night, a mile away. Every ATV I own has got a whistle under the seat, along with a spare key, both on the same key ring. If you were somehow injured or trapped to the point of being unable to move, you can lay right there on the ground and blow on that whistle until somebody can find you. The high pitched squeal will travel an incredible distance, and it won't be confused with other sounds.

And yes, as someone stated previously, staying put in one place and not moving is the best way to be found if one becomes lost. Good luck explaining that to a 5 year old, however.

Steelman great idea about the whistle.
Is it just me or have there been way too many missing kids lately😔

I am amazed no one has mentioned Sylar yet.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/body-arizona-toddler-sylar-newton-found/story?id=11376401

When Sylar disappeared it was shortly after another toddler had.
Both were in Arizona but there was no connection.

Sylar was found in a wash... came to rest there due to flooding.
The same situation may end up applying in this case as well.

http://verdenews.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&ArticleID=47663
Christina Priem pleads guilty to child abuse in death of Sylar Newton

At least this mystery is solved.

I suspect the some degree of ties to the FLDS is VERY likely.

The last name is rather useless given it's so common, but Jerold isn't a common first name at all, and there are a couple (adult) Jerold Williams tied to Colorado City.

It sure looks like they may well be related to little Jerold based on ages or that he was named after them. Based on ages of the adult Jerold Williams one being father or grandfather or even uncle wouldn't seem out of the realm of possibility.

The elder Jerold Williams in Colorado City / Hildale used to be high up in the FLDS and has been involved in number of cases recently.

He had left CC and was heading up another FLDS compound in Pringle, SD until he was forced out. He's recently been served eviction papers:

(snipped for space)
And there appears to be one other possibly relevant CC tied Jerold Williams in his mid-late 30's. He also could easily have a 5 year old.

If little Jerold isn't the son/grandson/nephew of the above Jerolds, I'd guess he may have been named after the elder one.

Thanks for posting your research TravelingBug!. I had drawn the same conclusions last night, but didn't know if it was OK to post.

In the politicsrusprinciple blog on Tumblr there are a lot of pictures of the FLDS community members. I saw one picture that really stuck out. It is a meeting room of some sort and all the young men are wearing long sleeved shirts in dull subdued colors - light blue, pale green, gray, tan, etc. and blue jeans. Just like what little Jerold is wearing in the photo and when he went missing. With the light hair and pale complexion there is a striking resemblance to the missing child.

While the fact that the family is FLDS likely has nothing to do with him missing, it does, IMO, explain why they waited 4 hours to call. They are private and used to handling everything themselves.

There were 20 people. 19 could have been searching while 1 went to an area with signal to call. Four hours is not reasonable to wait. It's just not.
I agree!
4 Hours is just way to long to wait!
No reason for it.
A child can wander farther and farther away, if someone took him that person could drive a long way away. If he is hurt 4 hours could mean life and death.
What harm would it do to call right away. JMO

Many could say you could hide a lot in 4 hours!

That's why I'm glad my boys are involved in Scouting. Before they went on their first overnighter as Beavers, the whole group watched a film/ had a discussion on how to be safe in the woods (tell a grownup where you are going, stick to the path, wear bright colors, take a whistle, etc.) and what to do if they get lost ("hug a tree" - i.e. stay in one place, blow your whistle, make a temporary shelter/cover if stuck overnight, do not try to find your way back alone). These kids were ages 5 and up.

I also want to know what 'visual facial abrasions' constitute. scars? does he camp a lot and run through brush frequently? do they have a cat?

I also want to know what 'visual facial abrasions' constitute. scars? does he camp a lot and run through brush frequently? do they have a cat?

As a mom who raised two very active sons, I would add bike accidents, skateboards, trampolines, tripping over shoelaces, and any other general activity. It was near impossible to have both free from scratches and bruises at the same time.

As a mom who raised two very active sons, I would add bike accidents, skateboards, trampolines, tripping over shoelaces, and any other general activity. It was near impossible to have both free from scratches and bruises at the same time.

Yep. He could have gotten them while camping, running, jumping, climbing trees, falling down...

Could the mom have set up a plan for this child to be stealthily taken on purpose because she wanted him out of the lifestyle but is too scared to leave herself? That would also explain why she waited 4 hours to call.

"We have no indication there’s been any foul play or anything suspicious," said Sergeant Aaron Dick of the Coconino County Sheriff's Department's Search and Rescue unit.

(snipped)

"Some citizens were in the area and thought they heard what they thought was somebody, maybe a child, yelling so we do have teams out there trying to investigate that right now," Sgt. Dick said.

http://fox13now.com/2015/08/07/multiple-agencies-looking-for-missing-boy-near-jacob-lake-ariz/

I have three active boys myself...not sure I agree on the "visual facial abrasions"...but that's ok...:cool:

"We have no indication there’s been any foul play or anything suspicious," said Sergeant Aaron Dick of the Coconino County Sheriff's Department's Search and Rescue unit.

(snipped)

"Some citizens were in the area and thought they heard what they thought was somebody, maybe a child, yelling so we do have teams out there trying to investigate that right now," Sgt. Dick said.

http://fox13now.com/2015/08/07/multiple-agencies-looking-for-missing-boy-near-jacob-lake-ariz/

I have three active boys myself...not sure I agree on the "visual facial abrasions"...but that's ok...:cool:

Thanks White Rabbit, I'm not seeing the parts you quoted in the article linked. Maybe you forgot a link or linked to the wrong article?

Could the mom have set up a plan for this child to be stealthily taken on purpose because she wanted him out of the lifestyle but is too scared to leave herself? That would also explain why she waited 4 hours to call.

Could be, but I doubt it. I don't think anyone advising the mom on how to get out would condone this scenario - way too complicated.

I think the family waited four hours because 1) they assumed he wasn't far away, 2) they thought a group of 20 could find him, 3) lack of cell phone coverage, and 4) strong opposition against calling outsiders for help.

At this point, I'm not suspecting anything except an accidental wandering away. I'm holding out hope they find him before the elements get to him.

yikes. oops. I had a few open, let me see if I can find that one...

No one has reported any water sources nearby. I am hoping this young boy is found safe today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
#MadMax210
Back