Deceased/Not Found AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - #3 *J. Hunter guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this been posted?

Attorney: Missing Glendale girl's mom won't take polygraph

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...g-girl-wont-take-polygraph.html#ixzz1fnJYZ44s

Quote from article:

"At this point, the (polygraph) is certainly on hold," Maasen said. "It would be careless for me to even say that's a good idea or a bad idea when we don't have any records on the case. We need to have the records and to understand the nature of the investigation."

Seriously? What do they not understand about the nature of the investigation? They are saying they KNOW that you killed your daughter, and they are gathering evidence to prove it. Just take the polygraph, Jerice. You know what you did, WE know what you did, so please just stop this farce. JMO

MOO al this lip service from atty Maasen is because he is right. He has nothing. No information. Sure he knows what LE have said in the press. But in releasing Jerice, without ever filing any charges pertaining to the abuse, Maasen is left with exactly the evidence WE here have. And not one bit more. It is also MOO that that is why he raised such a stink about his client being held longer than 48 hours. He is irritated that he cannot see any of the evidence that LE is currently compiliing against his client. Since no charges have been filed, he is not entitled to know about even a shred of it.

Speaking of that 48 hour rule and the holiday weekend which prevented Jerice from being released within it - AZlawyer, do you think that is a valid argument or something that can be used by this attorney effectively to get in the way of Jerice being tried or convicted? In other words, in light of the holiday weekend - how big a deal was that whole Jerice was held beyond 48 hours with no charges thing?

Has this been posted?

Attorney: Missing Glendale girl's mom won't take polygraph

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...g-girl-wont-take-polygraph.html#ixzz1fnJYZ44s

Hunter said she has pleaded to take a polygraph from the start but the detectives told her they wanted to wait until after she had her baby.

"That same detective contacted me a few days ago and said Jerice, you've had the baby, are you ready to take the polygraph? I said, 'OK sure, but I'd like my attorney to be present.' What's wrong with that?"

http://www.kpho.com/story/16004337/...ToExplore&utm_medium=rec&utm_campaign=content
Hey Maasen, pssstt... Your client has been telling us for 8 weeks that she is innocent of any wrong doing in Jhessye's disappearance. What would details about the investigation have to do with your client taking a poly? Afraid they are going to ask her about a blue bowl, an iron or shoes from her closet? You can always object to the question and tell her not to answer. Oh wait, she's all hooked up ... too late, we saw that needle jump.

Or are you really just pizzed that the AAGO's Office and GPD blew you off, so now you're going to hold the Poly for ransom?

Let me see if I can help you out regarding the "nature of the investigation"; Your client Jerice Hunter, badly hurt our little Jhessye and kept her in a closet without any medical attention, food or water for two weeks. She likely died in that closet. Jerice then took her little body and disposed of her somewhere like she was trash. Does that help you gain some insight into why GPD would like your client to take a poly?

Please GPD, find something soon so this buffoon will quit speaking to the media.

I just have to vent a bit...It galls me to no end that Jerice is out and about, enjoying freedom, meanwhile, there is no trace of Jhessye being alive.

And Jhessye's siblings will be spending Christmas and the holidays living with comparative strangers.

And maybe afraid she's coming back. :(

MOO al this lip service from atty Maasen is because he is right. He has nothing. No information. Sure he knows what LE have said in the press. But in releasing Jerice, without ever filing any charges pertaining to the abuse, Maasen is left with exactly the evidence WE here have. And not one bit more. It is also MOO that that is why he raised such a stink about his client being held longer than 48 hours. He is irritated that he cannot see any of the evidence that LE is currently compiliing against his client. Since no charges have been filed, he is not entitled to know about even a shred of it.

Speaking of that 48 hour rule and the holiday weekend which prevented Jerice from being released within it - AZlawyer, do you think that is a valid argument or something that can be used by this attorney effectively to get in the way of Jerice being tried or convicted? In other words, in light of the holiday weekend - how big a deal was that whole Jerice was held beyond 48 hours with no charges thing?

IMO, the 48 hours expired on Friday Nov 25 and she wasn't released until Monday Nov 28, so there was a mistake made. Friday was not an official court holiday, although it would have been tough to find anyone in the office that day. ;)

But I don't see what that has to do with any new charges that might be filed down the road--and actually, I don't think Maasen has implied that the 48-hour issue would affect the validity of any new charges.

Good
I don't get him...sure he's looking for a "baez" moment (imo) but if he needs to see what his client is capable of....I mean truly capable of doing...to a helpless five yr old..no less. He should read some of the articles and documents we have here and then "un-inject" himself pronto..how do some defense atty's sleep at night.

So glad you are here AZlawyer, and following this one. So Friday was not an official court holiday, good to know. I just assumed the courthouse was closed on Friday as well, since ours was.

So technically, he is correct, she could have been released Friday, although your point about not many people being about is probably valid. I don't know about AZ Judges, but IL Judges never miss the opportunity to extend their holiday weekends ;)

Regardless, that is a load off my mind knowing that snafu can't be used to try to wriggle out of future charges.

Oh, for crying out loud. Is this attorney a grown man with a child-like brain. He is playing "you show me yours first, then....
Strange - when a child is reported missing - phony pfhrantic parent pfiles a phony report with LE . Then hires a defense attorney and clams up -then, no further questions are allowed. Strange, how this strange behavior makes strange suspicious thoughts swarm like coffin flies around the phony-parent.

Oh, for crying out loud. Is this attorney a grown man with a child-like brain. He is playing "you show me yours first, then....
Strange - when a child is reported missing - phony pfhrantic parent pfiles a phony report with LE . Then hires a defense attorney and clams up -then, no further questions are allowed. Strange, how this strange behavior makes strange suspicious thoughts swarm like coffin flies around the phony-parent.

And this my friend..... seems to be the new "norm" and every time it happens with those results..means we will be hearing about it more and more. (imo)

AZLawyer, I hope you don't mind more questions: Under what circumstances can Attorney Maasen withdraw or resign from the case? For example, if Jerice confessed to him that she murdered Jhessye, could he quit? What if he just doesn't like her personality, would that be a valid reason for him to stop representing her?
Thanks in advance for your reply.

(This is partly to bump the thread and partly because I'm curious.)

AZLawyer, I hope you don't mind more questions: Under what circumstances can Attorney Maasen withdraw or resign from the case? For example, if Jerice confessed to him that she murdered Jhessye, could he quit? What if he just doesn't like her personality, would that be a valid reason for him to stop representing her?
Thanks in advance for your reply.

(This is partly to bump the thread and partly because I'm curious.)

It would be very very easy for him to drop her as a client, because there is no "case" at the moment. She hasn't been charged with anything.

And I have DEFINITELY dropped clients because I just could not stand them anymore. ;)

IMO, the 48 hours expired on Friday Nov 25 and she wasn't released until Monday Nov 28, so there was a mistake made. Friday was not an official court holiday, although it would have been tough to find anyone in the office that day. ;)

But I don't see what that has to do with any new charges that might be filed down the road--and actually, I don't think Maasen has implied that the 48-hour issue would affect the validity of any new charges.

BBM...

That's what I thought....that the 48 hours issue would only affect that particular arrest. It's good to know I was on the right track.

I hope the prosecutor in this case is a very good one, because Jhessye deserves to have her case presented competently. She needs a strong advocate for her day in court. Jerice must not be allowed to get away with killing her own child.

The attorney for the mother of a missing Glendale girl says his client won't submit to a polygraph exam until police provide more details about the case against her.

Scottsdale-based attorney Scott Maasen said he has repeatedly called Glendale police to request information about their investigation of Jerice Hunter and has received no calls back.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/artic...g-girl-wont-take-polygraph.html#ixzz1frBa81u4

what.... so she can "prepare" for the poly? GMAB

I can't get this shake this feeling that authorities need to search jerice's mother's place. Who would notice if a cooler was loaded into a vehicle and taken to her mother's house. It is just odd that a mother would defend her child when she knows things have happened in the past and the drug use. I just don't feel like they have lifted every stone.

No way in heck I would defend my child if they did something horrendous. I would be the one interrogating them!!

what.... so she can "prepare" for the poly? GMAB

That's what it sounds like to me too. She's not willing to go in there before finding out what they already know. If you've done something wrong, you want that for sure - do they have the goods or not?

:(

Jerice will be caught. I just know it! I think that her siblings are going to remember more and more critical details that will help sink her ship. Go away Mason - I do not like you!

Just a short note of thanks for those that are working out in the cold to find evidence in order to obtain justice for Jhessye. God bless them all!

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

Ima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member