GUILTY AZ - Kumari Fulbright & 3 others for kidnapping, torture, Tucson, 2007

I thought she was ugly ...but damn..... she's fugly in her mug shot!

I can't imagine how she won any beauty contests. She really is a homely woman with a great body. It looks like she is snarling in that photo!

I wonder what ever possessed her to do the things that she did? Maybe she was on meth or some other drug. All they got was $5-6 hundred and the excitement of torturing someone....wonder if it was worth it to them. It sounds like she had a great career ahead of her with a lot of breaks leading up to it....and she blew it all within what...2-3 hours...fool.

I can't imagine how she won any beauty contests. She really is a homely woman with a great body. It looks like she is snarling in that photo!

I wonder what ever possessed her to do the things that she did? Maybe she was on meth or some other drug. All they got was $5-6 hundred and the excitement of torturing someone....wonder if it was worth it to them. It sounds like she had a great career ahead of her with a lot of breaks leading up to it....and she blew it all within what...2-3 hours...fool.

There's another photo of her on some Internet news sites. She WAS beautiful at one time. She looks nothing like she did then- ravages of hard living and obvious drug abuse.

Maybe the pressures of the aftermath of being a beauty queen caught up to her, and she got used to being in the spotlight then, yet as soon as it was off her, after awhile she couldn't adjust back.. like a mini Brittney Spears scenario. So she got involved in drugs and was either dating or having sex with the one man involved since he provided her drugs. The one mugshot of the one man, he looks drug outed and wild eyed. To be laying outside on the ground for hours in a tank top and shorts and not feel the 40 degree cold, one has to be on drugs.

Does anyone know what became of this case??? Has it gone to trial?

Does anyone know what became of this case??? Has it gone to trial?

That's a good question Razzle. I can't find where she has had a trial. I have found articles about the men arrested with her but not her. I'm curious too.

<snip>

TUCSON - A former beauty queen and law student accused of kidnapping and torturing her ex-boyfriend for more than 8 hours, pleads guilty today in Pima County Superior Court.

Kumari Fulbright pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and to conspiracy to commit kidnapping.

During today's hearing, Fulbright also made a rude comment to the judge when asked if she understood the plea. The News4 crew in the courtroom says she responded, by saying she does read and speak English, so yes she understood. We're told she was also rude to her own attorney.

more here

http://www.kvoa.com/news/former-beauty-queen-pleads-guilty/

<snip>

TUCSON - A former beauty queen and law student accused of kidnapping and torturing her ex-boyfriend for more than 8 hours, pleads guilty today in Pima County Superior Court.

Kumari Fulbright pleaded guilty to aggravated assault and to conspiracy to commit kidnapping.

During today's hearing, Fulbright also made a rude comment to the judge when asked if she understood the plea. The News4 crew in the courtroom says she responded, by saying she does read and speak English, so yes she understood. We're told she was also rude to her own attorney.

more here

Thanks TM. I had wondered about that case and what happened.

The sentence is a farce imo.

Following the plea, Fulbright was taken into custody. Sentencing is set for March 1st. She faces up to 2 years in jail for aggravated assault and up to 7 years probation for conspiracy to commit kidnapping.

I wonder if a male had kidnapped and tortured someone would they have gotten such a small sentence. I highly doubt it.

imo

<snip>

more here

Thanks TM.

Rude to her own attorney?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads