AZ AZ - Pima Co., WhtFem UP17112, 16-27, found on Mt Lemmon, Apr'72

I'm not good at rule outs but has Jacqueline Ann Gasparian been considered? The last date of contact was July 1 1970 and she was a smoker of Pall Malls. Height is only a few cm off and you wouldn't be able to tell about the scar on her abdomen. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) While she was last seen in LA, she had lived in Pheonix Arizona for a while. It was posted in a Facebook group this morning and thought I'd mention it.

2 exclusions:

Thumbnail

Missing Person / NamUs #MP29252Nellie Tibbitts
Date of Last ContactOctober 01, 1959
StateCA
CountySanta Cruz
Thumbnail

Missing Person / NamUs #MP15075Diane Webb
Date of Last ContactMay 06, 1959
StateAZ
CountyMaricopa

NAMUS Link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

(Gosh how I hate how they don't redirect from identifyus!)

So is the newest coin dated 1959?

Then it would be safe to assume she probably been there since around 1960.....

Accessories - Near the body
  • 2 Pall Mall cigarette packages
  • finger nail file
  • demonstration tube of "Pagoda" lipstick (Avon)
  • small chain (key chain type)
  • three match book covers- two of which were manufactured by the "Monarch Match Co."- San Jose, CA.
  • clear plastic comb
  • 12 coins- years up to 1959
  • page fragments from possible street corner literature
  • Tucson Rapid Transit Zone 3 transfer ticket
  • yellow "flight bag" straw purse

Clothing -Near the Body
blue denims- 25"-25 1/2" waist, zipper on the left side, belt loops, Western style pockets (buttons missing) a white pearl button (probably from the denims)

Footwear - On the Body
2pr. of shoes- white, moccasin-style shoes and a pair of canvass, lace-up shoes with rubber soles

Last edited:
Location of discovery
Original

NAMUS Link: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

(Gosh how I hate how they don't redirect from identifyus!)

So is the newest coin dated 1959?

Then it would be safe to assume she probably been there since around 1960.....

Accessories - Near the body
  • 2 Pall Mall cigarette packages
  • finger nail file
  • demonstration tube of "Pagoda" lipstick (Avon)
  • small chain (key chain type)
  • three match book covers- two of which were manufactured by the "Monarch Match Co."- San Jose, CA.
  • clear plastic comb
  • 12 coins- years up to 1959
  • page fragments from possible street corner literature
  • Tucson Rapid Transit Zone 3 transfer ticket
  • yellow "flight bag" straw purse

Clothing -Near the Body
blue denims- 25"-25 1/2" waist, zipper on the left side, belt loops, Western style pockets (buttons missing) a white pearl button (probably from the denims)

Footwear - On the Body
2pr. of shoes- white, moccasin-style shoes and a pair of canvass, lace-up shoes with rubber soles
For some reason IdentifyUs stopped redirecting to NAMUS sometime in late 2021.

I'm not a local. Maybe someone who is would have more info about this but here's what I learned from wikipedia. Sun Tran - Wikipedia
Tucson Rapid Transit Co. operated streetcars and then buses up until 1965 when it changed ownership and its name became Tucson Transit Corp. Then in 1969 the city acquired it, changing its name to City of Tucson Transit Co., then to SunTran in 1975.

This suggests the transfer ticket was from before 1965 if the information is accurate. The UID could have been keeping it for sentimental reasons (not sure what that would be), or the remains date back to the early 60s, consistent with the coin dates.

In NamUs it says: "Incomplete skeletal remains and associated personal effects found by a member of the public in 1972. Case number ML00-0751 assigned in 2000 when reported to the medical examiner."

It's not clear to me exactly where the remains and effects were between 1972 and 2000, maybe in an evidence locker? Or did I miss something? And has anyone found any related newspaper stories?

Scrolling through previous posts looking for an article of when UID was found April 1972. I didn’t see one posted but found this one below in the newspaper archives.

Remains were found near the U.S. Air Force radar station.

Additional remains (hair and leg bone) were found 3 miles south of a Forest Service lookout station.

The yellow flight bag is also referred to as a “leather purse or case” in the article.

PMI was originally estimated at 8 months to 2 years.

1682477110752.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cricketcms
Back