GUILTY AZ - Sylar Newton, 2, Rimrock, 25 July 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone find whether it is ever stated that the tent zipper was "open" (or closed) when Tina awoke 'in a panic'?? I can't find that piece of info anywhere.

A 2y/o opening a tent and wandering out certainly would not turn around and re-zip the tent, right? So, if T stated that she 'found the tent unzipped" (or said something like: and then i unzipped the tent and ran out to look for him) ... that would be a crucial detail IMO

TIA!

Yes, an important detail.The info, unfortunately hasn't been reported.

Another interesting tidbit from this article (BBM):

D'Evelyn also indicated that they have a diver on hand looking into a nearby creek. D'Evelyn said there are quite a few murky pools and ponds, although not much running water at this time.

I believe cell phone records from 9:00 until 2:00 a.m. are going to give a whole different insight to this case. I just hope and pray LE was able to get all the cell ping records which will show movement of the adoptive mom and grandma during those times. Something happened to that boy and I truly believe they know what!

IMO

That's what I'm wondering too. I know the bio mom was ok with the adoption, but what if it couldn't be legally approved, so CP sent Sylar away. I'd be very curious to know what the status is for that adoption.

I didn't think an adoption could take place unless the bio father also consented. The sister's remark about "papers have been signed" could merely refer to a custody arrangement. So far no news of anything official in the courts however.

I didn't think an adoption could take place unless the bio father also consented. The sister's remark about "papers have been signed" could merely refer to a custody arrangement. So far no news of anything official in the courts however.

Hmmm.....maybe the bio-dad agreed to the adoption at first but then had a change of heart. Could be a big thorn in CP's side.

That's what I'm wondering too. I know the bio mom was ok with the adoption, but what if it couldn't be legally approved, so CP sent Sylar away. I'd be very curious to know what the status is for that adoption.

My second thoughts on that is perhaps just enough paperwork was signed so that welfare checks could go to the custodial mother. Anyone knowledgeable of the welfare laws in AZ please feel free to chime in here.

In addition I hope CPS has been called in to go check that home out now if they weren't already involved!

Not trying to be a thread hog I just had several thoughts on things at once!

IMO

And while they are probably looking into the birth father, I would look into the bio mom and dads parents as well. Maybe they got wind of all of this. For some reason I was thinking that these "papers" that were signed could have been more of a POA and allowing CP to get medical treatment if needed etc etc. I'm sure Sylar was not insured under CP or there would be some form of legal paperwork. IMO... Something else stands out to me.They are now moving the grid area out further according to www.abc15.com I'm wondering if they found something in the car that makes them think it may be further away? IMO

I believe cell phone records from 9:00 until 2:00 a.m. are going to give a whole different insight to this case. I just hope and pray LE was able to get all the cell ping records which will show movement of the adoptive mom and grandma during those times. Something happened to that boy and I truly believe they know what!

IMO

Or, if this was prearranged (such a remote, uncomfortable location), perhaps reviewing cell phone records of both women prior TO this camping excursion. I'm wondering what men and lifestyles are in both of these women's lives. Just wondering ~

Jada Justice and Ethan Stacy where found 30 minutes from where they reported missing.

I think photos of her cars should be released for sightings.

I was just checking to see if any news for Sylar. Disappointed! :(

Couple of things:

1. Sylar's name was misspelled initially. That spelling would have come from TP. I don't believe that LE mispelled it when first talking to media. LE will ask specifically for the spelling of all names, and if you've seen a presser it starts with the spelling of each individuals name or they stop and spell as they mention them. The middle name was mispelled too. Also, TP's myspace (IIRC) had mispelled his name as well.

2. Number 1 leads me to number 2, CN (biomom) has a lot of pictures of Sylar, almost up until the age that he is now. There could be a reason for that, but it was discussed at the end of the last thread and I don't believe that TP has had Sylar as long as she has said she has initially. Not a 1 and half. I also am not going by what TP's sister is saying either. That biomom hasn't had much to do with Sylar. She may just be repeating what she was told, or she may just have interpreted the circumstances that way.

3. CN says she was married. Given that Sylar is so young, was she married to Sylar's father? If he isn't Sylar's biodad (<shrug> may very well not be, no big deal) did his biodad have contact with him ever? Did he even know he had a child?

4. Sylar was born in Flagstaff AZ. (Momtective had posted that in the astro's thread) which laws would be applicable to him as a minor?
Where was he physically living when CN gave him to TP? We don't know. AZ? IN? If we are going to try to figure out custody laws and such we have to know that piece of info. JMHO.

5. Dr. Know posted last night, how long do we think it will be before CPS gets involved to aquire state custody of Sylar? I'm curious too.

6. Where is Sylar? :( We are into the 4th day. Today I'm holding hope against hope but I know better. :(

larsinaz said:

In my opinion, the only animal capable of being involved would be a Mtn. Lion. But I have yet to meet one that can open a tent, tip toe over the adults, select the smallest occupant and pull him out of a sleeping bag.... all the while not making a sound.

<snort> thanks for making me giggle this morning :) We all need a little levity now and then when we stare so hard a missing child's case. The story is absurd---JMHO

I'm hesitant to post this, because I have no idea if it's true and with WS rightfully being a victim friendly site, but there's an interesting comment made by someone who supposedly knows the bio mom on this article.

I'm hesitant to post this, because I have no idea if it's true and with WS rightfully being a victim friendly site, but there's an interesting comment made by someone who supposedly knows the bio mom on this article.

If that comment is true then they should force her to get her tubes tied.

WOW! I was really taken back by that comment. I did not picture her in that light. I know of two children by her facebook pics only. Not sure who is in custody of the second one though. The comment says 3 or 4 children??? Really? Scratching my head on that one!

WOW! I was really taken back by that comment. I did not picture her in that light. I know of two children by her facebook pics only. Not sure who is in custody of the second one though. The comment says 3 or 4 children??? Really? Scratching my head on that one!

Me too :waitasec: go figure...

Yep.. keep in mind.. Charity didn't have to put the name of a father on his birth certificate.. and if that's the case no one else would have to approve.

On a side note.. related but unrelated but I have to share.. I have a friend who was in a similar situation and had a baby girl. She was single and first time mom dealing with severe adhd among other things. I made her a room in my house with my husband and my children and after I was with her for her delivery, I brought them back to my house. After a month or two.. the mother (my friend) started to stray off and was not doing well and/or bonding with her baby. She basically told me the same thing, that she was not in a good place mentally ad she needed to get that worked out. She left the baby with me for pretty much a whole year and a half. She'd come for a weekend or a few days and stay but other than that she was in her own world somewhere. It came to a point where I asked if she was willing to let us legally adopt her (for obvious reasons). She agreed and as we were working with our lawyer to get the necessary steps taken (which included a home study, financial stability proof etc) she had a change of heart and went in for help/medication. Longer story short, she is now a great mom, on her own, responsible and engaged.

Reasons for bringing this up are..

1. It's possible that no paper work was filed *yet* and they were close friends in a similar situation.. who knows..

2. Once paper work is filed..even though a mother was to say 'yes, I want this person to have my child' The state (ours anyway) required quite a bit to approve the adoption.

Back on track.. there are major open questions here..

The position of the zipper on the tent

The relationship between Charity and Tina

When they arrived at the campground

How the unrelated extra boy left the campground

Results of the polygraph/s

I was curious too about the discrepancy about who was in which tent at first.. but seeing as how the media didn't spell his name right, I'm going to write that off as bad reporting.

Don't get me wrong.. I have the 'hinky' thing going on too.. but I'm forcing myself to think neutral and look at every possible angle.

It's just so disheartening to know for a fact he'd never survive out there this long on his own. The only decent possible endings for this is if he was sold or someone stalked them and snatched him (unlikely if they were actually in the tent as reported).. and they get him back safe and sound.

My gut is leaning to some 'accident' and possible panic story.. but gosh.. I hope not and pray for him at least 3x a day.

Just a gentle reminder, so that we don't get alerted on this thread.

We can't copy and paste comments that have been made on another website to WS.

We can link and point out the comment we want others to see. But we can't discuss the comments openly on this thread.

The only caveat to that I've ever seen was made in the Kyron case, where the newspaper sought the identity of a poster and put that posters identity in MSM. (meaning the last known person to see Kyron was posting comments on articles pubished in that MSM, and they investigated and outed her.).

We have no way of knowing the veracity of the commenter at this point in time, thus the rules that we can't post.

Just a gentle reminder. I don't want to see Sylar's thread alerted on is all :)

She said herself she has issues. Admitted to being mentally unstable. She did keep in touch and did visit Sylar. She is speaking out to the media and is getting friends in the area to pass out flyers. She appears to care and is being proactive and responding to people on facebook and posting photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curiouscanadian