Identified! AZ - Yavapai Co, 'Little Miss Nobody', WhtFem 6-7, UP10741, Jul'60 - Sharon Lee Gallegos

Since the color of the car was so unique, maybe they can narrow it down to a specific area?
sbm
I don't think it was unique. If you image search 1951 Dodge or 1951/1952 Plymouth you will see several that are green.
Image: 1951 Plymouth Brochure/1951 Plymouth Brochure-16-17

There are two other articles out there. But I assume they are paywalled.

I found them on a popular YT channel.
Could you link the YT-channel please?
Or send it to me in messages? =)

This is the sort of footprints I visualized, too, but evidently, LE was talking about footprints used like fingerprints—the footprints of Sharon taken at her birth, compared to the footprints of the body, inked and pressed like fingerprints.

I knew about birth footprints and almost mentioned the practice in one of my comments the other night. But I had no idea they would still be using that type of thing once the child reached the age of Sharon or Little Miss Nobody. I always thought birth footprints were method of protection at the hospital so the baby wouldn't be sent away with the wrong family.

None of the 1960 media sources ever specified that Sharon's birth footprints from 1955 were being compared to footprints from the dead burned decaying child found in the Arizona desert in summer 1960. Everyone complains about journalism today. But that type of omission and lack of skepticism strikes me as blatantly pathetic.

‘Little Miss Nobody’: Arizona authorities ID 1960 Jane Doe as 4-year-old abducted from New Mexico

This^^ is a very good article with some original newspaper clippings of the child's kidnapping.

Thanks. Nice of these news sites to link articles in my album on never forget me but never give me credit for everything they took.

I got the impression they were hanging around town looking for a child to abduct.
They seemed to eventually zero in on Sharon. JMO (young, pretty, Anglo looking, from a poorer family etc)
It's a small town and it's fairly easy to learn a few names, addresses etc..JMO

Sharon was abducted on Thursday, but a witness saw them hanging around the previous Sunday

I've seen too many old Dragnet episodes where cons come to town and learn stuff about people fairly quickly.
The woman was phishing for information on Sunday under the guise of "offering someone work".

It would not have been a big deal to ask someone, "I need a maid. Who is that woman? What is her name? Where does she live?"
Assuming the abducting woman was Anglo or Anglo looking, she could have gotten info from other Anglos or the motel where Lupe worked. It's a small town.
They may have been stalking other families too. JMO

Sharon's nephew also specifically mentioned church when he spoke at the press conference. I will need to listen to his talk again.

Clips and transcript from: Log in or sign up to view

Thanks for linking my article. One of the members here had helped me get what I couldn't access on paid sites.

I still have to finish the presser, I'm glad my album on never forget me helped LE with the girls cases since their records were lost.

I knew about birth footprints and almost mentioned the practice in one of my comments the other night. But I had no idea they would still be using that type of thing once the child reached the age of Sharon or Little Miss Nobody. I always thought birth footprints were method of protection at the hospital so the baby wouldn't be sent away with the wrong family.

None of the 1960 media sources ever specified that Sharon's birth footprints from 1955 were being compared to footprints from the dead burned decaying child found in the Arizona desert in summer 1960. Everyone complains about journalism today. But that type of omission and lack of skepticism strikes me as blatantly pathetic.

I've brought over articles the other day that mentioned Sharon's footprints being compared to LMN's. That was the "technology" of the time. They did not have her fingerprints, did not know about DNA back then.

Go look at my quotes from the other day then go to the post I quote, you'll see articles are showing.

This is odd. Either the sightings of this couple and their car were red herrings all along (but multiple witnesses saw the car and the couple, the aunt even saw it speed away and the woman was seen asking for Sharons mother and lurking around) or again, LE didnt check enough and was content with some answer the couple gave.
Why would anyone abandon their car if innocent and fit the description of the abductors?
My gut feeling is LE didnt check enough into them.

The couple are not a red herring. People saw the woman take Sharon.

But what does her age have to do with it? And why would they not have used the footprints? What other means of identification did they have?

How devastating that Sharon Gallegos wasn't identified sooner. @Roselvr I'm so sorry for the frustration you must be feeling.

I agree. My mind has been going in the same direction after reading the old articles. I can't get over how brazen the kidnappers were. That town is so rural and they made themselves so apparent to anyone who saw them. Kidnappers usually just kidnap and dash, not research. If they stalk, they usually try to be inconspicuous, not leave a town of witnesses. The police, along with all the other mistakes, messed up by not getting sketches. With how apparent they were, I don't think they lived anywhere nearby.

Also, something that struck me as off about the questions is that the mother is the focus, not Sharon. They asked about how many kids she had, her house, her finances. Not one question about her daughter's interests.

Yes, they could have spotted her at the church and asked people attending who the family was and where they lived. However, then there's the question of why obvious strangers were attending a church to find a child, leaving behind witnesses. Whether it was personal or random, the whole approach they took is baffling.

I agree the kidnappers were both brazen and baffling. They exposed themselves so much.
Wonder if they focused their questions on Sharon Gallegos' mom in order to hide the fact that they were really interested in Sharon. Asking direct questions about a child is creepy and puts everyone on high alert. By focusing on the parent, if confronted they have options, tell a bs story and leave.
It makes me think that they didn't know much about the Gallegos, since they had to ask for info. It also makes me wonder if they targeted other families in New Mexico/ Arizona like this.

How devastating that Sharon Gallegos wasn't identified sooner. @Roselvr I'm so sorry for the frustration you must be feeling.

I agree the kidnappers were both brazen and baffling. They exposed themselves so much.
Wonder if they focused their questions on Sharon Gallegos' mom in order to hide the fact that they were really interested in Sharon. Asking direct questions about a child is creepy and puts everyone on high alert. By focusing on the parent, if confronted they have options, tell a bs story and leave.
It makes me think that they didn't know much about the Gallegos, since they had to ask for info. It also makes me wonder if they targeted other families in New Mexico/ Arizona like this.

I agree! Spot on!

It's an old con about looking for someone to do work and gaining access to info under the guise.
By asking about how many people lived at the house they could stick to their bs story about how they were checking to see if Lupe needed a job.
I've seen too many episodes of Dragnet.

Last edited:
It's the same as using fingerprints except it's a foot. Fingers grow but the print does not change.

Right. The post I quoted seemed to imply that using footprints as identification was pointless past babyhood. I was questioning that idea.

Then they were likely the perpetrators but slipped through the cracks of LE with their answer.... i hope they burn in hell. I have an almost 4 year old and this case rips my heart.

We don't know if the owners of the abandoned vehicle were the abductors or not. There is not much information about the abandoned vehicle or the couple who owned the vehicle. There just isn't enough information in the article.

I guess if we had all the articles, TV spots, radio spots from that time and if LE had kept records, we would have more insight. But we don't. So, we rely on the few remaining articles which can be gleaned from obscure archives on the internet. .....So for now, this is just a tidbit of information......

Facts: Sharon was abducted by a couple. The woman was heavy set, blonde, Anglo and appeared to be in her 30s. The man who was driving was thin and appeared be to Anglo. They were in a vehicle, which appeared to be a dark green 1950-1952 Plymouth or Dodge. We don't know if this abandoned vehicle was the same vehicle.

Attachments

• screenshot_120.png
    screenshot_120.png
    180.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
From the podcast. Hoping to know if someone saw something or knew something (At around 6 min mark)
Lt Bolts...(Hope I have his name spell correctly):
  • Would like to identify the freckled face boy in the abductors' vehicle
  • The woman was in town for about four or five days before July 21st
  • There was one account that after church on Sunday, that this woman stayed after church and was asking people around the church about Lupe and Sharon
  • A day or two before the kidnapping, a woman with the same description showed up at the neighbor's house asking about Lupe, asking about Sharon and wanted to give Lupe a job
There is other information in the podcast, but the other information has already been discussed here etc.

From the podcast. Hoping to know if someone saw something or knew something (At around 6 min mark)
Lt Bolts...(Hope I have his name spell correctly):
  • Would like to identify the freckled face boy in the abductors' vehicle
  • The woman was in town for about four or five days before July 21st
  • There was one account that after church on Sunday, that this woman stayed after church and was asking people around the church about Lupe and Sharon
  • A day or two before the kidnapping, a woman with the same description showed up at the neighbor's house asking about Lupe, asking about Sharon and wanted to give Lupe a job
There is other information in the podcast, but the other information has already been discussed here etc.

Thanks @Friday Fan for summarizing impt info on the podcast. I was so tired last night that I only heard part of it.

This case needs all the attention it can get in the media. Glad to see it is also being covered in other languages. Hopefully it will jog people's memories.

Spanish
¿Quién es “Little Miss Nobody”? Revelan su identidad, 62 años después de hallarse su cuerpo

French
«Little Miss Nobody», petite Américaine disparue, identifiée après 60 ans

Thanks @Friday Fan for summarizing impt info on the podcast. I was so tired last night that I only heard part of it.

This case needs all the attention it can get in the media. Glad to see it is also being covered in other languages. Hopefully it will jog people's memories.

Spanish
¿Quién es “Little Miss Nobody”? Revelan su identidad, 62 años después de hallarse su cuerpo

French
«Little Miss Nobody», petite Américaine disparue, identifiée après 60 ans

When I translated the Telemundo article, (via google translate) it said the woman was wearing glasses....
Never heard or read that before....

When I translated the Telemundo article, (via google translate) it said the woman was wearing glasses....
Never heard or read that before....
That's what it looks like. If you Google in quotes "Sharon Lee Gallegos" and "dirty blonde hair and eyeglasses", the results reference The Charley Project as the source. Roselvr may have found an article that mentioned glasses.

This is great news! I think testing will confirm LMN is Sharon Lee Gallegos, based off how certain people seem to think it is her. If it is Sharon the genealogy testing probably wont take long at all, even if it has degraded over the decades.

I knew it! Glad she has been officially identified as her. Rest in peace little one.

I wonder if the kidnappers stayed at Ms Gallego's work and she saw them there? (She worked as a maid in a motel)

Back in those days, Ms Gallego may have been reluctant to tell the police or media about any interactions due to fear of getting fired.

As an employee at a motel back then, "workers' rights" were extremely limited. It would not surprise me one little bit if she had interactions with the kidnappers at her work. I entered the workforce in 1973 and it was pretty bad. College was my escape.

Gray Hughes has some weird theories. (He thinks Sharon's father did this)
I do not agree with him.

The only "blond theory" I have is that Sharon was lighter complected and it might have made her a target for Anglo kidnapping.
I tend to believe the "guera" nickname became more prominent after Sharon was kidnapped. I think the mom held onto it because it helped her process a motive. It helped her believe that the kidnappers were raising Sharon as an Anglo girl. It helped her believe that Sharon was alive. MOO

If Sharon had never been abducted, I doubt this nickname would have stuck. Fair traits tend to disappear as kids get older. My Mexican-American husband has an Irish great grandmother. He has a dark complected brother and a fair complected sister. One of his uncles had blue eyes. Mexican genes are complicated.

Gallego was Sharon's mom's maiden name.
It was her given name in the media in 1961 and also the name in her 2011 obituary.
https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/alamogordonews/name/lupe-gallegos-obituary?id=22703697

It was also the name given to her children
There is no mention of a father in Sharon's sister's obituary.

I believe the abductors were plain old strangers who came into town looking for a child to abduct. I'm not sure why they chose Alamogordo, however even back then it was a only a one hour drive to Texas and the Mexican border.

Eventually they centered on Sharon. I would not be surprised one little bit if they stayed at the motel and interacted with Sharon's mom and mom was afraid to tell the police or media for fear of getting fired.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back