Babcock Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
DM has to say she's still alive.

If she is dead - way too much evidence points to him planning a murder (gun, incinerator, mattress, etc) - to try to pin it on a solo MS killing. I suspect his closing will be rambling and all over the place much like his questioning of witnesses.

I think MS and TD will try to pin it on DM and he just went along for the incineration because he was poor and DM paid well for that. I think they'll realize that DM's evidence fell flat and that is their best play. Now possible they could shift gears if DM can come up with some kind of convincing narrative in his closing but that's doubtful.

DM has to say she's still alive.

If she is dead - way too much evidence points to him planning a murder (gun, incinerator, mattress, etc) - to try to pin it on a solo MS killing. I suspect his closing will be rambling and all over the place much like his questioning of witnesses.

I think MS and TD will try to pin it on DM and he just went along for the incineration because he was poor and DM paid well for that. I think they'll realize that DM's evidence fell flat and that is their best play. Now possible they could shift gears if DM can come up with some kind of convincing narrative in his closing but that's doubtful.

Futile. Short of calling Sylvia Browne, he's done.

One horrible thing is that MS likely knew of LB's murder. His testimony at TB trial looks like totall bull now. Unsuspecting MS and lunatic Dell? Really?

Futile. Short of calling Sylvia Browne, he's done.

One horrible thing is that MS likely knew of LB's murder. His testimony at TB trial looks like totall bull now. Unsuspecting MS and lunatic Dell? Really?

I agree. DM is done like a Christmas turkey. All the IT evidence puts him in a bad situation. The letters to CN seals it...it is a no brainer...and MS is done like a turkey too...

Closing by DM ought to be quite the story. What will he try to spin? Or insinuate?? She left on her own? He killed her in self defence? Shawn Lerner killed her? The possibilities are endless......

How do others interpret the RAP lyrics?

“The *advertiser censored* started off all skin and bone, now the *advertiser censored* lay on some ashy stone, last time I saw her outside the home and if you go swimming you can find her phone.”

Is he saying the last time he saw her outside the home she was lying on ashy stone? Or was he saying the last time he saw her (alive) she was outside the home?

Just wondering what he meant by ashy stone? Could it be a reference to the inside of the Eliminator since it is lined with fire bricks. He did tell the boys in the garage that her remains were thrown in a lake. And he also crafted this RAP while she was in the Eliminator.
bbm total reference imo. Crown just needs to play this rap and the sparks softly going into the air to finish their closing.

Is there any reference to anything but; a quiet household, in the words .... not a creature was stirring not even a mouse?

Was someone possibly stirring stew? was the creature a possible T-Rex or other monster? Did these people have actual mice?

I think they are toast. Not literally.

Trying to read too deep into the rap won't give you answers I don't think. MS was a terrible rap artist. "Ash and stone", stone simply used because it rhymes with home and close enough to the bottom of the incinerator. Skin and bone literally meaning, skin and bone. MS is about as deep as a puddle. I take the lyrics at face value. Jmo

Let's flip that thinking, and try to show when she left.

Jul 3 3:09 pm Millard texts Smich: "how bout the white & brown paint over the side entrance? no rain there."
Jul 3 3:21 pm Smich texts Millard: "Yea I'm taking a bath first with Marlena."

They were together at DM's according to texts and pings. MS is planning on doing some work after his bath with MM. And it's been mentioned that MS and MM were attached at the hip. To the point that he brought her along for the July 23rd event.

Jul 4 3:23 pm Millard texts Smich: "on my way back. I'm stopping for booster juice. you or marlena want something?"

There is no indication she left or returned between Jul 3rd 3:09 pm. and Jul 4 3:23 pm. But yet she is there Jul 3rd in the afternoon, and Jul 4th in the afternoon. MOO

It sounded from pings that MS stayed in Oakville over the night after the trip. Then where was MM?
Though, I have not seen details info of pings: phone, location, date. Any place to see them all from the presentation on Nov 2?

Can anyone think of a reasonable (believable to the average person) explanation that MS and DM could use as defence for:

1. The need to take photos of bones burning in an incinerator

2. The need to take photos of MS with the rake in front of the incinerator

3. The need for MS to write/perform the rap with those particular words at that particular time/date

Could list many others ... I am sure we all could, lol, but I can’t come up with a single reasonable explanation myself (other than the obvious ones). Would love to hear other perspectives.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That had to have been a very tense situation if there wasn't a dialogue, especially for a murder case! I'd be curious to know what they were watching for as they exchanged looks. And I'd like to read the lawyer's notes.

I wonder if the potential jurors In a high-profile case that is well-covered by the media might face tougher screening. (?) I know there are preliminary questions for potential jurors when they are first called for jury duty. (My father and I were both received letters for jury duty.)

I remember there were a few potential jurors during jury selection for the TB trial that were dismissed because they knew TB or attended the same church as TB.

'For the third straight day, prospective jurors were called in front of Justice Andrew Goodman to explain whether or not they could serve for the trial in the Bosma case.

One man said he knew the Bosma family, and was deferred to come back on a different trial.

While walking out of the courtroom, he looked over at the accused — Dellen Millard, 30, and Mark Smich, 28, — and venomously spat "f---ers" before leaving the room.'

(And hello, Mrs. Threadgoode! Nice to see you :) )

And a warm “hello” to you as well, Lexiintoronto ... so lovely to see you too!! [emoji4]

That would be quite a closing and leave a big impression.
bbm total reference imo. Crown just needs to play this rap and the sparks softly going into the air to finish their closing.

Is there any reference to anything but; a quiet household, in the words .... not a creature was stirring not even a mouse?

Was someone possibly stirring stew? was the creature a possible T-Rex or other monster? Did these people have actual mice?

I think they are toast. Not literally.

There is no reasonable explanations and it is why I am 99.9% sure there will be M1 for both.
Can anyone think of a reasonable (believable to the average person) explanation that MS and DM could use as defence for:

3. The need for MS to write/perform the rap with those particular words at that particular time/date

Could list many others ... I am sure we all could, lol, but I can’t come up with a single reasonable explanation myself (other than the obvious ones). Would love to hear other perspectives.

If DM is charged with another M1 I believe he will also get M1 for the death of the father. A lot of evidence that could not be used in Laura s death we will find out they had to charge him with the death of the father. When all this is over I am sure we will all be shocked what a homicidal maniac DM was. He is one bizarre person and that is an understatement.

Nitpicking the evidence doesn't work when there's a mountain of evidence against you. You need a plausible narrative that explains things.

While it is true that DM needs to focus on presenting a plausible narrative, I suspect that his narrative will be less about providing an explanation, and more about showcasing himself. If the questions he directed toward the witnesses are an example of what's to come tomorrow, then I suspect he will focus on the qualities that we, cheekily, put on his business card. He's so disconnected from normal moral behaviour, that in his attempt to show what a great guy he is, he may even incriminate himself further. Will he ask the jury, "Do you like me?"

Would be interesting if Millard tries to convince the jury that LB is still alive somewhere and then Smichs lawyer says he wasn’t involved but did incinerate her body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be interesting if Millard tries to convince the jury that LB is still alive somewhere and then Smichs lawyer says he wasn’t involved but did incinerate her body.

I'm sure they have their closing finalized and rehearsed, but the order of presentation does disadvantage those preceding if they take an unexpected route. Especially if the Judge gives those following, a day to prepare their closing.

MOO

When does it start?

This is so true. This is exactly what I've been trying to wrap my head around lately. It's risky (for them) if they have completely conflicting narratives. Kind of like what happened in the TB trial.

If I was on the jury, my thought process might go something like this: "Someone's lying. They're both lying? Screw this- M1 for everyone." :dunno:

Well if I was MS I'd say I was set up. Letters support that theory as does the fact DM is the photographer and videographer of all things MS.. But DM isn't in any photos. At least nothing that could be incriminating. Not to mention he gave MS Laura's bag and iPad. Moo

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member