Bacharach's Daughter Commits Suicide

mjak said:
This breaks my heart. It hits real close to home for me because I have Asperger's syndrome. I understand the lonleyness and depression that goes alond with being different. I know I could have easily ended up how Nikki did. However, I am lucky I got help and support and have made my way in this world. Poor Nikki.

mjak

I'm so happy for you! I've had the depression part too, and even that takes awhile to sort out - counseling, meds., etc. You feel like you're in a PIT. and can't get out....

How sad.

Never knew much about Bacharach and then I saw him on some show and couldnt believe how much music he was famous for...I liked him, he seemed like a down to earth guy.

What a shame :(

Quote from link above:

"She quietly and peacefully committed suicide to escape the ravages to her brain brought on by Asperger's," the statement said.

Nikki Bacharach died of suffocation using a plastic bag and helium, said Mike Feiler of the Ventura County coroner's office."

Can anyone tell me if they've ever heard of suicide with a plastic bag AND helium? I don't understand the helium part.??

I presume the helium would make you "high and pass out"; easing the panic of suffocation. (kind of like carbon-monoxide poisoning in a car;you just go to sleep).

The CNN article says she studied to be a geologist, but couldn't be one because of poor eyesight. She evidently had alot of interests. http://www.cnn.com

narlacat said:
How sad.

Never knew much about Bacharach and then I saw him on some show and couldnt believe how much music he was famous for...I liked him, he seemed like a down to earth guy.

What a shame :(

"Rain Drops Keep falling on My Head"...."What the World Needs NOw is Love Sweet Love...

His recordings with Dionne Warwicke were the best. Also he did movies, plays, lots of songs we didn't realize. He just stayed behind the scenes - performing "behind" his leading ladies. He was a great pianist/composer.

Also very handsome.

(I didn't like him very much, did I?) :)

Marthatex said:
"Rain Drops Keep falling on My Head"...."What the World Needs NOw is Love Sweet Love...

His recordings with Dionne Warwicke were the best. Also he did movies, plays, lots of songs we didn't realize. He just stayed behind the scenes - performing "behind" his leading ladies. He was a great pianist/composer.

Also very handsome.

(I didn't like him very much, did I?) :)
What the world needs now would have to be one of my all time fave songs, not that I hear it very often......what a sweet song and so very true.

He also did The Look Of Love--You'll Never Get To Heaven If You Break My Heart--did many movie soundtracks also

I just looked up Burt Bacharach on IMDB....he has another child, a son, with Carole Bayer Sager, but Nikki was Angie Dickinson's only child. So sad. :(

image7d6de035-acee-4133-ae86-ba885ffb54a0.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back