Baez Lashes out at Investigators-UPDATE Allegations of Evidence Tampering

He is being given reasonable access to the scene. Exactly what he is entitled to. Did this man go to law school? Does he have internet access where he could read the laws in Florida? They have a very easy to navigate site, maybe I will send him a link. It might clear up how to proceed.

Ditto-this was not a good move considering Strickland spanked him earlier in the week. He has a pending motion for a second autopsy-why would he make such an egregious statement regarding his access??? I am really surprised.

This is an extremely unusual case. Where, we have the suspected murderer already in jail.
When a murder victim is found, normally LE investigates the murder scene, and the perp usually is not already arrested and in jail.
Has Mr. Baez forgotten that he wouldn't be side by side with LE if she were not yet arrested?
Does he think the laws are different now?

The State needs to make a statement to the press - they need to specify the statutes of Florida that will show anyone who chooses to read them that this is exactly what happens with murder cases. And NOW is the time for a gag order -and the State needs to go to the judge and get one

I disagree that the prosecution should make a statement to the press.

It wouldn't hurt to go for another shot at a gag order, if they have the time to do so and are so inclined.

QUOTE=Truthwillsetufree;3070337]Welcome to the law firm of Whine, Bawl & Krie. This man is a joke. Sure he is out to taint a juror but at some point he has to ask himself when is enough enough? When is the public not only going to turn on my client but turn on the Defense team as well? The Defense Team is truly looking like idiots, I am embarassed for them. Stop it, for the love of all things lawyerly (if CA can make up words, I can too), stop it. You 'aint going behind the yellow tape Baez, your banned, not allowed, not included, not one of the good guys, not the "in" crowd, not wanted, not needed and last but not least not qualified. Got it? Good. MOO.[/QUOTE]
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Interesting -
Taking a high profile case, pro bono, is all about the media. If it was out of the kindness of their hearts, why not ALL attorneys doing pro bono for everyone :)
:clap::clap::clap:

no, not really, since Judge S denied the access, ergo he'll deny any such motion re: evidence. Baez would look foolish if he tries to take this that far. He was just trying to taint the future jury pool, but he won't risk being chastised by Judge S re: trying to move to exclude evidence on the grounds that he didn't get access earlier when that the same judge already (and properly) ruled he had no right to see the crime scene at that point.

I don't think he will be successful, but I do think we will see him attempt to have it excluded based on this arguement. He doesn't seem to be too clear on a lot of concepts, so taking that route wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Agree, and it is not just standard for a murder one case, it is the standard for crime scenes. The burden of proof is on the state, these are trained professionals paid for by the taxpayers, it is their crime scene until they release the property back to the owner. In most cases they don't know what charges will be related to a crime scene as usually the scene is found before a suspect is charged. Casey being charged does not give her some exemption.

It BAFFLES me that he does not seem to get that by insisting they have a right to be there he is confirming that this is Caylee's body, the location of which would only be known by the murderer. That damages his client.

:clap::clap: Exactly! Premature :clap::clap:

LE are playing this cautiously, that they do not have DNA definitive proof to know/say for sure. Although the Defense can say based on the visual ID it is Caylee but -- only the killer would know (and her reaction back to her attorney). Bizarre . . . to rush to the Defense when they were advocating so strongly that Caylee is alive!!!!
My bold.

The State needs to make a statement to the press - they need to specify the statutes of Florida that will show anyone who chooses to read them that this is exactly what happens with murder cases. And NOW is the time for a gag order -and the State needs to go to the judge and get one
Yes I agree trac!

If I'm correct...law enforcement made several attempts to learn the truth regarding Caylee's whereabouts from KC. They were also rejected time and time again when it came to Casey telling them where Caylee was or helping to find her. So oh well so sad...sit and rot KC

:laugh:
I don't think he will be successful, but I do think we will see him attempt to have it excluded based on this arguement. He doesn't seem to be too clear on a lot of concepts, so taking that route wouldn't surprise me a bit.

K - you got me on that one - J Baez just may be inexperienced enough to try it. :doh:

Interesting -
Taking a high profile case, pro bono, is all about the media. If it was out of the kindness of their hearts, why not ALL attorneys doing pro bono for everyone :)

because team KC want's publicity at all costs! this is the biggest case since SP...so they all want some attention. so sad.

This is an extremely unusual case. Where, we have the suspected murderer already in jail.
When a murder victim is found, normally LE investigates the murder scene, and the perp usually is not already arrested and in jail.
Has Mr. Baez forgotten that he wouldn't be side by side with LE if she were not yet arrested?
Does he think the laws are different now?
This was going to be a slam dunk without a body. Now we have a body (soon officially of course). It is a double whammy. I think Baez is just beside himself. He is scrambling and grabbing at straws (and he was doing that before too!) I think what we are witnessing is desperation and lack of any good defense.

Baez lashes out at investigators

On Wednesday Casey Anthony’s attorney Jose Baez released the following statement regarding the crime scene:

“The Casey Anthony Defense Team has made numerous attempts to preserve the evidence in and around the location where the human remains of what appear to be a small child were found.

Law enforcement has been repeatedly asked to allow reasonable access by medical and scientific experts for the defense, including requests for photographs, and assistance with maintaining a secure examination scene prior to any media or general public access.

Every effort by The Baez Law Firm to establish a level of basic cooperation and professional courtesy have all been rejected by the government. This lack of cooperation has complicated how to proceed.

Now that the scene more resembles that of an excavation site as opposed to an examinable crime scene - attorney Jose Baez has been advised that without properly detailed photographs and all related material and documentation, the various experts on the Casey Anthony Defense Team will simply not be able to thoroughly examine the site.

Unfortunately this matter has already become a Media Circus and something The Baez Law Firm will not contribute to, by just making a show of going to the excavation site without good reason. The Casey Anthony Defense Team is being prevented from examining the site unless and until all photographs, schematic sketches and related material and documentation are released to the defense through the discovery process.”

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

towards bottom
Oy, enough already. IMO all he has to do is go ask his client for the information and be done with it. I'd like to know what the point is for this constant complaining. Are they going to say that she was not entitled to an adequate defense because they need to abide by the rules...LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!?

Baez lashes out at investigators

On Wednesday Casey Anthony’s attorney Jose Baez released the following statement regarding the crime scene:

“The Casey Anthony Defense Team has made numerous attempts to preserve the evidence in and around the location where the human remains of what appear to be a small child were found.

Law enforcement has been repeatedly asked to allow reasonable access by medical and scientific experts for the defense, including requests for photographs, and assistance with maintaining a secure examination scene prior to any media or general public access.

Every effort by The Baez Law Firm to establish a level of basic cooperation and professional courtesy have all been rejected by the government. This lack of cooperation has complicated how to proceed.

Now that the scene more resembles that of an excavation site as opposed to an examinable crime scene - attorney Jose Baez has been advised that without properly detailed photographs and all related material and documentation, the various experts on the Casey Anthony Defense Team will simply not be able to thoroughly examine the site.

Unfortunately this matter has already become a Media Circus and something The Baez Law Firm will not contribute to, by just making a show of going to the excavation site without good reason. The Casey Anthony Defense Team is being prevented from examining the site unless and until all photographs, schematic sketches and related material and documentation are released to the defense through the discovery process.”

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

towards bottom

IMO, he's looking, if not begging, to get sanctioned by the judge.

He was told in no uncertain terms by Judge Stan that he would get his shot at the crime scene.

In violation of that agreement, he shoots his mouth off again to the press.

Here's a quick look at his statement and what the actual truth is:

"..and assistance with maintaining a secure examination scene prior to any media or general public access..." Did Judge Strickland say anything about having a starting line established so when the starters gun fired, whoever got there first, the media or defense, would take control of the site?

"...Unfortunately this matter has already become a Media Circus and something The Baez Law Firm will not contribute to, by just making a show of going to the excavation site without good reason..." Oh. that WASN'T you and your posse of legal eagles strolling down the street with Geraldo & other media to take pictures Sunday?

"....The Casey Anthony Defense Team is being prevented from examining the site unless and until all photographs, schematic sketches and related material and documentation are released to the defense through the discovery process.”....Judge said they could have access to the crime scene when LE was done with it. Judge was right in doing so, as defense has leaked on many occassions sensitive photos, etc.

His bone needs to be with KC..if she hadn't been so LAZY and buried poor little Caylee instead of tossing her like a garbage bag, the evidence field would be contained to a much smaller area.

Remember that for next time. Always ask the murderer how they disposed of the body so you can get in the crime scene quicker!

I believe the case with wind up won or lost in jury selection and the significant aspect of the testimony could be characterized as 'the battle of the bug men' when determining how long the body has been there.

I think Judge Strickland made a big boo boo not granting that gag order. I'm from the UK originally and over there the "gag orders" automatically go into place the moment someone is charged. The public hears nothing more until the verdict comes in. It's played out in the newspapers after the trial.
I was thinking just that. Can't they at least gag Baez? He's turning this into a farce and client or no client this does nothing to secure justice for Caylee.

Oy, enough already. IMO all he has to do is go ask his client for the information and be done with it. I'd like to know what the point is for this constant complaining. Are they going to say that she was not entitled to an adequate defense because they need to abide by the rules...LIKE EVERYONE ELSE!?

There are rules?! :eek:

I disagree that the prosecution should make a statement to the press.

It wouldn't hurt to go for another shot at a gag order, if they have the time to do so and are so inclined.
I agree that the prosecution needs to keep on keeping on. Their adult like behavior is refreshing and alien in this case :)eek:) I also agree to gag, if they feel it would do any good at this point, would be wise.

Speaking of adult behavior... from the start I wished that Cythia and George would have behaved more like adults... in terms of keeping quiet and not lying. The defense team would also have more impact and respect if they did not file stupid motions, whine, cry, and post online statements like the one this thread is based on.

It is almost an unfair defense of Casey (in respect to the laws of our land) to let this team go on and defend her! I mean really.... what are they doing??????? Is there any citizen in America who will see their actions, hear their voices, and believe a word they say????

SNIPPED: "IMO, he's looking, if not begging, to get sanctioned by the judge. He was told in no uncertain terms by Judge Stan that he would get his shot at the crime scene. In violation of that agreement, he shoots his mouth off again to the press...."

Not to be disagreeable, because I wish J Baez were going to be sanctioned, but he hasn't done anything that is sanctionable.

(1) although Judge S denied his motion for access at this time, Judge S did not
(2) grant any gag order on the case or any aspect of the case, so
(3) Baez is not doing anything that Judge S ordered him not to do.

He's just risking looking like an idiot to the portion of the FL population that actually understands he has no present right to access. Apparently he's willing to take that risk... :doh:

I was thinking just that. Can't they at least gag Baez? He's turning this into a farce and client or no client this does nothing to secure justice for Caylee.

I know this..when this trial is all said and done I'm suing somebody cause Baez and his whole bunch have gagged me dang near to death.:crazy:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back