Bail paid on all but child neglect charge-why?

even if there are new charges of manslaughter/murder?

An old friend of mine was murdered by one of his family members. The family member is being charged with first-degree murder and is out on bond until the trial...even free to travel. So, it happens...but probably varies from case to case and state to state?

I think it is a publicity stunt....you know, so the bond agency can get there 15 min of fame, like LP

Maybe the family initiated this bail. To our knowledge, they still think that Casey is innocent of child neglect. Therefore, in their *screwed up* minds, they believe that once Casey is exonerated of her child neglect charges (once Caylee is "found alive"), she will be released because bail is already posted on the fraud charges that she is obviously guilty of. Make sense? Honestly, this family is delusional and this is their way of thinking. This case is like a 12 week episode of Law and Order! :crazy:

I think what Baez was saying was that it was a bad move (stupid) to waste the bonding money since she could not get out anyway. Thats what he said. Unless someone paid the 50,000 it was a waste of money to pay the rest. It was probably a stupid move of her parents. They don't think straight. They gave away several hundred dollars for nothing. They should have waited to see if anyone paid the other big bond before wasting their money while she sits in jail anyway.

I think it is a publicity stunt....you know, so the bond agency can get there 15 min of fame, like LP

I don't think so, the only way that anyone knows who posted the bond is by looking it up. I haven't seen the agency on TV news, NG or anywhere.

MOO, the bond company only did the paperwork. We don't know who actually hired the bond company. IMO it was someone who knew the law and wanted to make sure Casey had to serve ALL the time possible.

Remember Tony said the bondsman doesn't decide guilt or innocence. Their sole purpse is get the person out of jail if bond is approved and someone pays for it.

I actually think it's a pretty good move, now that I understand the purpose. No wonder Baez didn't know. It's not good for his client if the big bond isn't paid.

Question: Can the person in jail refuse bond? Can they say I don't want to be bonded right now and the bond would have to be revoked?

Question: Can the person in jail refuse bond? Can they say I don't want to be bonded right now and the bond would have to be revoked?

Its my understanding that they can absolutely refuse bond. I dont know about Casey since she has two seperate bonds. But Macknenie Phillips was just arrested for possesion of a heroin and when her half sister came to bail her out, she refused bail because she wanted to stay (sober up/she was broke etc.).

http://www.tmz.com/2008/08/28/mackenzie-phillips-i-prefer-a-cell-thank-you/

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redhairdontcare