Bankrupt Casey Anthony interviewed by KPHO CBS in Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eww in the other pic they have a sign that says "Team Casey". What a bunch of..of...interesting people :sick:

lol yep, let's seem them walk outside "anywhere" with that sign and see what reaction they get.

I have been back and forth to this thread because I don't want to say the wrong thing.. but for petes sake. I don't understand this. This is just the most screwed up case in history.

I've got so many questions and am trying to tiptoe into this.

Casey Anthony, the young Florida mother acquitted of murdering her 2-year-old daughter, filed for bankruptcy protection late Friday night in Florida.

"This (bankruptcy filing) has nothing to do with yesterday's decision by the 5th Circuit (Court of Appeals)," said Greene. "This document took weeks to prepare. Casey's legal team has deliberated over this since the trial was continued, and even before then."

http://www.kpho.com/story/20714160/casey-anthony-declares-bankruptcy-talks-exclusively-to-cbs-5

Umm, wow, what's with the (fill in the name of any discount store) dress?

OK, I lost the point of the thread for a moment.

Should we throw up a poll on whether or not anyone cares if she is being held back from living her life?

"This (bankruptcy filing) has nothing to do with yesterday's decision by the 5th Circuit (Court of Appeals)," said Greene. "This document took weeks to prepare. Casey's legal team has deliberated over this since the trial was continued, and even before then."
:floorlaugh:

OR, you prepared it advance in the event the court ruled the way it did.

Either or.

:floorlaugh:

OR, you prepared it advance in the event the court ruled the way it did.

Either or.

Judging by the big SMILES on Greene in his interview after the Appeal Court ruling ... CBS must have PAID HIM for these new photos and bankruptcy news! That's what keeps Greene and the firm working for "Team Casey" even though they were not getting paid by her.

$500,000 – Attorney Jose Baez
$60,505 – Florida Department of Law Enforcement
$68,540 – Internal Revenue Service
$10,283 – Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation
$145,660 – Orange County Sheriff's Office
Anthony's total assets, according to the 60-page filing are listed at less than $1,100 and her liabilities total more than $792,119.

It is very hard not to quote more than 10% of the article. People have come out of the woodwork and filed financial claims against Casey. Huh. Imagine that.

I think there is a really really good case for some of these being non dischargeable. Like LE and the IRS. JMO.

Judging by the big SMILES on Greene in his interview after the Appeal Court ruling ... CBS must have PAID HIM for these new photos and bankruptcy news! That's what keeps Greene and the firm working for "Team Casey" even though they were not getting paid by her.

Is financial compensation for those pictures disclosable? FWIW, if those snaps are the best they could come up with....yikes. Just sayin.

Jan 24, 2013
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...d-the-media-i-had-to-be-very-media-savvy.html
Baez does a lot of bragging on himself and also on CBS 48 Hours for their help to win the case by providing the "focus group" aka "mock jury" with jury consultant Richard Gabriel, in April 2011.Baez sure is doing a lot of praising of CBS .... what is the motive? future interview of FCA?

CBS did that highly PRO-DEFENSE show that followed the LIFETIME movie. "Beyond the Headlines: the Casey Anthony Story"
Jan 19, 2013

previous CBS involvement with MONEY to Cindy and Casey
CBS did the 48 Hour Mystery story “The Untold Story of Caylee Anthony”. Oct 17, 2009, with Cindy and George and was VERY sympathetic to them

CBS (48 Hours) owns Simon & Schuster book publishing co – which Cindy, George, Conway, Dominic Casey met with for a potential group BOOK DEAL in August 2009

CBS aired the first Cindy George interview after the memorial

CBS had Cindy George on the “Morning Show” in 2009

CBS published a ton of photos favorable to Casey in May 2010 - right before jury selection, and the trial

CBS gave Cindy money for “licensing photos and footage
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310288/detail.html
starting on p. 480. She is asked “did you get money for selling any pictures of Caylee?”
Cindy says $10,000 from CBS 48 Hours.
Here’s her quote: “I’m not getting that much. 3,000 goes to Brad and then I have to pay taxes on it. So roughly $5,000 for some pictures and videos.”
It’s not until a little later when she is asked if there is any other money from the media or any other contracts for future money that she replies: “Yeah. I believe there is another $10,000 at some point to come. I believe that contract is also through CBS. And it’s just the second portion of the $20,000 that was negotiated, that Brad negotiated with them.”

Wonder how much KPHO paid for the story and the pics?

The bankruptcy documents list nearly 100 names and organizations that could potentially pursue claims against Anthony. Many of the names included are the defense experts who testified on her behalf during her murder trial.

Sorry folks, I will try and make this the last one... :floorlaugh:

I'm going to file a claim against her now too for pain and suffering and the cost of the tranquilizers I am going to need watching her constantly get her way after murdering her toddler.

Waiting to hear from an attorney on this, because I know very little about bankruptcy, but the article says the filing includes:

#1. a list of nearly 100 names who could "potentially pursue claims"

It goes on to list:

#2. "possible financial claims" of Baez, along with the state and city debts assessed by the court in her trial.

My questions:
#1. I thought bankruptcy was to settle existing debt - not something that could exist in future. Why would, for instance ZFG need to prove whether or not a potential claim was dischargeable (although one section of the bankruptcy code does exempt "for willful and malicious injury by the debtor to another entity or to the property of another entity").

#2 First, those agency debts listed are not "possible claims" they are actual owed debt, and except for Baez' per court decree. IIRC we were told the $ related to her trial and owed to those governmental agencies cannot be discharged via bankruptcy. Of those listed, wouldn't only what she owed to Baez be dischargeable?

Just as an aside, can't you guys hear all of the conversation around the water cooler post acquittal? "Nooo, dont worry. Once the financial offers start rolling in, your bill will be paid and then some."

She had an offer on the table that would have cleared these bills, but wasnt it withdrawn? 1 Million dollars for some kind of skin flick?

Poor Casey. Thwarted at every turn.

Green says she listed Hopespring as her address because it was her last permanent address. Bullhockey. What is the definition of permanent? Her last longest address was jail. She should have listed that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500