BC Waived Conflict re: Mark NJ repping TES- what does this mean?

If, and I repeat if, he knew how KC's defence was being funded, by virtue of the fact he became privy to that information as a direct result of his representing the As, and he then uses that information to assist TES in their application (the paragraph re requiring JB to prove the funds were legitimate), in my respectful opinion, that would be both a conflict (had it not been waived) and a breach of their entitlement to confidentiality. Perhaps he had an independent basis to request JB prove the money was coming from legitimate funds, but so far I've only seen rumours, and I doubt he'd draft the paragraph on the basis of rumours.

Conflict and a breach of a client's confidentiality can occur through the same actions.

I don't think that MN knowing how KC's defense is funded proves any conflict of interest. Actually ... Baez may have to disclose payment arrangements anyway. This is generally discoverable information ~ not protected by attorney client privilege and it is also relevant, especially in a capital case since he is a private attorney (not court appointed, with funds and resources of the State). If Casey were convicted ... she could later claim that her defense was inadequately funded. The prosecution needs to make sure ahead of time that JB has the funds to proceed with an adequate defense ... this goes beyond the arrangement that he has made with Casey. He could be representing her pro bono ... but he has to be able to show that his firm has the resources to provide for investigators, experts ... etc. The State should totally delve into his finances ... could be very interesting!

I was wrong....BC isn't on there....but Greta has the letter. It seems to me TM or MN may have given it to her??? Very odd.

Looking at BS's waiver yesterday, the letter, the fact that Greta got it somehow, and CA appearing on Geraldo tonight, I'm wondering if perhaps they've gotten rid of BC?? I suppose we'll know in no time....he can't seem to go a few hours without talking to the media.

Gotten rid of BC? I doubt it. He is the best they have to offer...even if he is the new media spin doc. He has done a better job than anyone else keeping Cindy out of trouble with her mouth or trying to at least.

I think Cindy is demanding to speak and he just can't control her any longer. Having her go on Geraldo is about as controlled as he is going to get tho. We already have seen the slant there and Geraldo won't ask anything that will go against the defense side.

Gotten rid of BC? I doubt it. He is the best they have to offer...even if he is the new media spin doc. He has done a better job than anyone else keeping Cindy out of trouble with her mouth or trying to at least.

I think Cindy is demanding to speak and he just can't control her any longer. Having her go on Geraldo is about as controlled as he is going to get tho. We already have seen the slant there and Geraldo won't ask anything that will go against the defense side.

BC has gone oddly quiet.....I think this is the first time he's ever gone 2 days without speaking to the media.

Do we have any more news about the letter?

For those who missed it, here is an extract from the transcript of Greta on Friday dealing with the waiver...

VAN SUSTEREN: And now the parents have written a letter -- I have a copy of Tim Miller saying "We want the documents about all the search." Is there a problem?

TENNIS: Well, the whole -- it's just one more bizarre twist in a maze of bizarre twists.

What is odd to me most of all is that the Anthonys, the grandparents, really seem to want to get at the truth. At least that's what their lawyer, Brad Conway, keeps saying. And yet, he came in today and said that there was no problem with Mark NeJame having represented them prior, and now representing EquuSearch.

But Mark NeJame was there on behalf of EquuSearch trying to stop bringing this information that the Anthonys claim they want, and obviously their daughter very much wants to have brought forward.

So the whole thing seems to be a very muddled potential conflict of interest from every angle.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,486406,00.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back