Be careful what you post, there are thiefs!

nutkin

Reaction score
I wrote a blog post in 2012 about Tina Flood's murder. I found a podcast online tonight from February 4th where they read my post verbatim and passed it off as their own work!

I am so livid. I have been researching these cases for 23 years now. I have spent hundreds of hours of my own time finding information that is extremely difficult to find. I have spent my own money on records and newspaper archives. It just seriously makes me so angry that people are so willing to plagiarize someone else's work when they can put in the effort themselves. Especially when their podcast has ads in it, so they are making money off of me.

I am fairly sure they came across the link here because it did used to be in my signature until recently.

***thieves

I have a feeling I know which one you are talking about. Several of these podcasts do this on a weekly basis and are cashing in on reading other people's research.

If I were you I would reach out to them and explain why this is so demeaning. With true crime podcasts on the rise, everyone is looking for their way to cash in on the demand. It is not fair to researchers like yourself. Especially when you have invested so much time and money into the case.

Last edited:
I have a feeling I know which one you are talking about. Several of these podcasts do this on a weekly basis and are cashing in on reading other people's research.

If I were you I would reach out to them and explain why this is so demeaning. With true crime podcasts on the rise, everyone is looking for their way to cash in on the demand. It is not fair to researchers like yourself. Especially when you have invested so much time and money into the case.
Reaching out to them won't do any good. Hit them where it hurts—in the wallet! There would be some expense involved in filing a lawsuit, but the satisfaction would be well worth it.

I wrote a blog post in 2012 about Tina Flood's murder. I found a podcast online tonight from February 4th where they read my post verbatim and passed it off as their own work!

I am so livid. I have been researching these cases for 23 years now. I have spent hundreds of hours of my own time finding information that is extremely difficult to find. I have spent my own money on records and newspaper archives. It just seriously makes me so angry that people are so willing to plagiarize someone else's work when they can put in the effort themselves. Especially when their podcast has ads in it, so they are making money off of me.

I am fairly sure they came across the link here because it did used to be in my signature until recently.

***thieves
I'd get a lawyer...

It's very naïve to think that reaching out to someone is the answer. The type of people who do things like that don't care; they'll do whatever they can get away with. The only answer is to sue the **** out of them—make them feel it in the pocketbook. That they'll care about.

***thieves

I am sorry to hear this. I would however double check on the site where you post this blog about whether or not it becomes their content once it’s posted or not. Like I think FB and IG have it set up so that once a user posts things, it’s not considered just their content anymore but also the websites.

undoubtably tho your hard work and diligent looking into things was abused by someone else. I recently had an issue here on this site where when I posted about 2 connections that I thought made sense and had a lot of validity, someone was rude to me about it and didn’t want to hear that this missing person could’ve been trafficked and murdered much like the victims in the killing fields.
Apparently it was okay for them to be rude to me but not for me to state my facts and my research. I understand your frustration and your anger because your time is valuable.

Remember helping the victims and going over all possibilities is more important than closed minded people or thieves.

Your work here or anywhere is HIGHLY appreciated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back