Bear Kills 11 Year Old Boy in Utah

(Making notes on where not to vacation) 1. Florida 2. Mountains Hmmm...does Hawaii have bears or gators?!

(Making notes on where not to vacation) 1. Florida 2. Mountains Hmmm...does Hawaii have bears or gators?!

You can walk right past a gator and it won't mess with you, generally. I mean, if you find one on your boardwalk and it's in the way, you can just step around it. They have an acorn sized brain that pretty much just registers "food" and "not food". If you're not looking like "food" than you're alright.

doggies = food.
adults = not food.

(Unless it's a REALLY BIG GATOR.)

Here's a story involving another gator--A man who was breaking into cars west of Miami yesterday at the Miccosookee indian reservation, fled when seeing police--He then ran into a retention pond, trying to escape--Unfortunately for him, an alligator immediately attacked him and started biting him on his head--His body was found later at the bottom of the pond--Awful way to go, but he should have known better

You can walk right past a gator and it won't mess with you, generally. I mean, if you find one on your boardwalk and it's in the way, you can just step around it. They have an acorn sized brain that pretty much just registers "food" and "not food". If you're not looking like "food" than you're alright.

doggies = food.
adults = not food.

(Unless it's a REALLY BIG GATOR.)
--true--They generally never bother with humans, and prefer dogs and other smaller animals--But you could be attacked if you stumble onto her nest, or, like the preceding story, you jump in the water right next to the gator

--true--They generally never bother with humans, and prefer dogs and other smaller animals--But you could be attacked if you stumble onto her nest, or, like the preceding story, you jump in the water right next to the gator

Snakes are like that, too. They're pretty much food/not food thinking unless startled.

I would never let fear of a bear (or other animal) attack stop me from camping. It's like not ever flying, for fear of crashing. It's far more dangerous to drive on your nearest freeway. I've been camping way over a hundred times and only once encountered a bear in my campsite. And that was my own fault because I forgot to take the trash to the bearproof dumpster before getting in bed. The bear went after the trash and we scared it off by throwing a few pinecones at it. Truly, most black bears will run off if you bang a pot with a spoon and yell. Thet are looking for an easy meal (your trash or your food container) and are easily frightened off. The sad story of the boy being dragged out of his tent is truly an anomaly, like being struck by lightning, not something that is going to happen except maybe one in a million times. I don't live my life that way. If I did I would miss so much. Others are free to disagree, but for me, life is short and I want to experience what it has to offer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back