Beckham signs with LA, $1 mil per WEEK

kazzbar said:
Yeah, What sa matter wiv that, Sheila.LOL. I like scottish accents the best.Crack me up they do.LOOve Billy Conelly. He makes me just laff".Only has to open his mouth and say the magic word and I'm wetting myself.
Wee lassy I know what you're saying :p

Just loove Billy too :D

narlacat said:
Wee lassy I know what you're saying :p

Just loove Billy too :D
Hes a bonny boy for sure. Reckon his wife seems a bit of a nutbar though. He could put his shoes under my bed anyday.Normally, I like younger men but Billy is cool.At the moment I have a crush on Johnny Knoxville.Not that he is stunning looking but love his accent! Way cool. I think I am turning into a pervy old boiler.:laugh: ;) :dance:

kazzbar said:
Hes a bonny boy for sure. Reckon his wife seems a bit of a nutbar though. He could put his shoes under my bed anyday.Normally, I like younger men but Billy is cool.At the moment I have a crush on Johnny Knoxville.Not that he is stunning looking but love his accent! Way cool. I think I am turning into a pervy old boiler.:laugh: ;) :dance:
They're a great pair, and yep she's as mad as he is.

Um, who's Johnny Knoxville..........lol.....excuse my ignorance.

kazzbar said:
Hi Narla, you have a point. Tell it like you see it ,Girl!
His career is just about over so L>A and all the possibilities that brings are going to make sure Becks does not just fade away. Although his wife looks like she IS fading away, I am sure she has movie magic in her sights. Oh,No! Movies could revive her career!

Becks will never fade away. Besides the "chump" change salary, I think they are coming here, so that he can be more involved in the Beckham Soccer Camps that he has started.

narlacat said:
I think I like his accent, but then I'm a sucker for an English accent...or an Irish one....but mostly what I get is an Aussie one.........lol

Me too. An English accent got me pregnant. :blushing: I did marry the English accent though and am still happily married.

Victoria gets her way

According to friends of the couple, it was Victoria who forced her husband’s hand in the move.
And she has been telling friends it ‘will be like the good old days again’ when she was still Victoria ‘Posh Spice’ Adams, the big star of the Spice Girls. In recent weeks she is described by friends as having ‘a new zeal’ about her. She has been fielding numerous offers from American film and television producers and fashion houses under the guidance of Fuller, who is now a major name in U.S. television.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=428283&in_page_id=1773

so everyone in the states will get to know Posh really well — you're welcome to her, have fun! :woohoo:

Has Posh found Beckingham Palace, LA style?

On a recent flying visit to LA the former Spice Girl, 32, toured three homes with a top Beverly Hills estate agent as an assistant with a camcorder filmed the properties - and then flew back to Spain with a bag of video tapes to show David, 31, who is quitting Real Madrid for the LA Galaxy football team.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=428337&in_page_id=1773

I swear I read once that the reason she never smiles is that she thinks she has a terrible looking smile. Not sure where I read it but I remember it stuck out to me because I thought she was so pretty (before all the plastic surgery anyway.)

Becca

Its just so ridiculous to pay these people this kind of money. I mean give me a break. I mean the common men and women, work there arses off. They work in excess of 40 hrs a week, 52 weeks a year. And can barely make ends meet. It just sickens me, no way do they need to make this ungodly amount of money for playing sports or acting in a film. Beyond comprehension!

Ok, off my soapbox now! hehe....I mean it! lol

beakiebean said:
I swear I read once that the reason she never smiles is that she thinks she has a terrible looking smile. Not sure where I read it but I remember it stuck out to me because I thought she was so pretty (before all the plastic surgery anyway.)

Becca

Beakiebean funny you should mention that. I saw a clip of her today and she started to form a smile and then when she realized the camera was there she went into her usual sneer. She's obviously studied the runway models because she's got it down pat. From what I saw, I think I agree with her. Something's not quite right with her mouth or teeth or something.

I really could care less if Posh flops or becomes some famous movie star. I just don't CARE.

But, what I do hope is that by Becks coming her to play, that soccer in the USA will become as big as it is in every other country. And that our children will have more of an opportunity to MLS and yes, make a lot of money, like people that play "the other football" in the country.

That is what I hope.

FWIW---and I suppose in some sense there is no difference (but there have been a lot of distorted media reports), while he could potentially be earining $50M per year, that's not what LA or MLS is paying him. That figure was arrived at by adding up every last bit of ancillary money (endorsements, image rights---which he'd previously split 50/50 with Real Madrid, jersey sales, etc.). In terms of "wages strictly for soccer-playing" his salary still doesn't compare to what the very top-payed basketball, American football, baseball players get.

And yeah, I'm excited about him coming :cool: . Victoria/Posh, meh.

angarella said:
I really could care less if Posh flops or becomes some famous movie star. I just don't CARE.

But, what I do hope is that by Becks coming her to play, that soccer in the USA will become as big as it is in every other country. And that our children will have more of an opportunity to MLS and yes, make a lot of money, like people that play "the other football" in the country.

That is what I hope.

If Becks can single handedly make soccer as popular in the US as it is in the rest of the world, then why not give him the money? Its not coming out of our pockets.

If it helps promote some soccer for the kids.......ah go for it.
Look what the baseball players get, the boxers, the players of most sports......a big bundle. All overpaid......probably. But, that is how it is in this era.
Hummm......I heard him talking this morning and I felt he had a wonderful speaking voice, quite the charmer he was. Whew, the movie star in him is shining .......ummmm hummmmm on the big screen. ;) When did we say a movie was in the works.
I think he will be good for the sport here. But, that remains to be seen.?????
Posh.......well, when she starts seeing all the wonderfully happy people
around her maybe she will understand that her face is a miserable "SAD" one and
get her dimples showing.LOL........
Ah the big bucks........whatchagonna do......they all are getting the some mighty dollars $$$$$$$$

Jeana (DP) said:
If Becks can single handedly make soccer as popular in the US as it is in the rest of the world, then why not give him the money? Its not coming out of our pockets.

That's what I'm screaming. And IMO HE is the one that can. If everyone would just forget about Posh (is that her name?) and let Becks take the limelight, I think this could happen. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Good Lord, that woman had her spotlight in the what eighties??? And YES, I did own a SpiceGirl tape, but let that beautiful talented man have his now.........

It has also been reported that Victoria spent £6,000 (€9,100) on treats for sons Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz and had them shipped to Britain, including a toy plane, a red leather Hermés nappy bag and five colourful balls.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=207441156&p=zx744y86z

Good Gravy!!!!!!!!!!!! That is almost $10,000 dollars. :banghead:

ETA: I just looked at the exchange rates and it would be more than $10,000. :furious:

The 5 coloured balls were probably for her so she could learn to Count!:rolleyes:

I suppose it is their money.but one day i think they will be penniless.I wonder if posh will like living in a council estate?

kazzbar said:
The 5 coloured balls were probably for her so she could learn to Count!:rolleyes:

I suppose it is their money.but one day i think they will be penniless.I wonder if posh will like living in a council estate?

Funny Kazz..... :laugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vymocycy
Back