Becky Sue Turner and related

The birth certificate information is interesting. But I am also interested in the passport information that Joe Velling would have had access to. In Canada, when one gets a passport, you need to provide references, someone with a passport already, who can vouch that they have known you at least 5 years, and that your identity is your actual identity. I just wonder how Lori Kennedy was able to get a passport in 1990, if she had to fulfill this requirement. Who is the person who vouched for her. Why hasn't anyone else picked up on this fact to this point. Are the passport requirements different in the U.S. than in Canada perhaps. I would appreciate some input on this. Thanks for all your hard work out there.
I haven't had a passport for 10 years but no one had to vouch for me in the US. Also remember that requirements have changed drastically after 9/11. I simply took my ID and BC and a recent photo and maybe something with my current address to the Post Office and they mailed it to me a couple of weeks later

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I did a google search on Church of the New Song, and it seems a dead end. It seems to be a front for a national prisoner's organization. I visualized something else, a rural settlement of sorts. I thought that the family could have settled in a rural area and lived without being found by law enforcement. So it all continues to be a mystery. My best bet for Sheri Lynn's family relocation in Nov. of 1974 might be Mexico. So man people can escape to Mexico and live there. The man, who ressembled Sheri Lynn's father, who was found with several sets of identification on him, including 'Peter Turner' (page 3 on this thread), was in a Texas city, so close to Mexico likely.

I have been researching this case for over 1 year. This thread has been the most helpful to me. It's very addictive. I find myself thinking about it during the day, mulling over possibilities.

This whole dang site is addictive! I'm constantly on here checking for updates on several cases, lol.

:greetings: Hi everyone, it's my first time posting but I've been following this case since the Seattle Times article. There have been times where I have read the boards a lot, and times where I didn't give the case any thought for months - but I keep going back to the photo comparison of LEK and TJT.

I am convinced LEK is related somehow to TJT. It's not only the familiarity in the face, it's her posture in the red sweater pic compared to TJT's posture in the old photo. I literally gasped when I saw that - it's way, way closer than any of the missing persons reports in the Possible Matches thread. Add in the sketchy details of the death certificate and I am firmly in the "LEK could be a Turner" camp. I don't think we should rule it out just because TJT and his wife said they didn't recognize FLEK. She could be a niece they never met, or they might not recognize her because they haven't seen her since she was a child... there are plenty of explanations for why they might not recognize her. My gut's saying they're closely related though. I know others have said the same and I'm not really adding anything new - I just wanted to bring it up again because the similarities floored me. msrica972... I have wondered the same thing.

I've been sifting through threads trying to find the photo comparison or the morph video - does anyone remember where it was posted?
I'm pretty new here,so plz let me know if I do something wrong without yelling�� so I have been following this case hardcore for years.Under the Freedom of Information Act,the SSAdministration revealed the documents concerning this case(can I say who they revealed it to?)this whole time,I thought Lori was running from.a biker gang,or LDS.something horrendous enough that you would go to these lengths to hide.it was revealed in these documents,that the investigation last info was with Terry Turner.he claims they had a handyman who had a father named Fred Howder,living in Springdale wash.this handyman supposedly had daughters and he knows the whole story.it ends there.no updates on this connection,anything.also,velling states his theory is someone who knew of the family's tragedy.so somehow,I really believe it comes back to terry turner somehow.

I'm pretty new here,so plz let me know if I do something wrong without yelling�� so I have been following this case hardcore for years.Under the Freedom of Information Act,the SSAdministration revealed the documents concerning this case(can I say who they revealed it to?)this whole time,I thought Lori was running from.a biker gang,or LDS.something horrendous enough that you would go to these lengths to hide.it was revealed in these documents,that the investigation last info was with Terry Turner.he claims they had a handyman who had a father named Fred Howder,living in Springdale wash.this handyman supposedly had daughters and he knows the whole story.it ends there.no updates on this connection,anything.also,velling states his theory is someone who knew of the family's tragedy.so somehow,I really believe it comes back to terry turner somehow.

Some of this doesn't seem to line up quite right with the report, so I will quote it directly below:

"[Terry Turner] did offer that a family living in Springdale, WA with a father named Fred Howder might have known the whole story and one of their daughters could be a Jane Doe."

This is the only statement I could find referencing the Howders.

Frustratingly, the investigation seems to end there? There is no indication whether Velling ever communicated with anyone from the Howder family.

Under the Freedom of Information Act,the SSAdministration revealed the documents concerning this case(can I say who they revealed it to?)

When was this FOIA request filed? And where can one find the documents revealed?

This information would be very useful for narrowing possibilities of what LEK's birth identity was.

UPDATE: Nevermind, I just found it mentioned in the thread "*General-Discussion-and-Theories*-3", linking to a page on Muckrock, https://www.muckrock.com/foi/united...uff-social-security-investigation-file-17574/

m a bit confused, I don’t see a handyman mentioned in the documents. Where does it say that?

m a bit confused, I don’t see a handyman mentioned in the documents. Where does it say that?

He is not called a handyman, but mentioned by name (FH) on page 3 of Velling's report dated 19 October 2011. Apparently he was a neighbor or a friend of the family. Velling does not mention if he spoke to FH, but this document only records his activities up to 19 October 2011, so he likely interviewed the man after that date. Since this is a duplicate of another document that was redacted, I suspect this report was included twice by accident & a later one omitted.

BTW, I figure it's only a matter of time before the moderator starts reminding once again. us to not use full names of people tangential to this case. I know this info dump has us excited, but let's remember the rules, please.

BTW, I figure it's only a matter of time before the moderator starts reminding once again. us to not use full names of people tangential to this case. I know this info dump has us excited, but let's remember the rules, please.

Does this apply when the individual is deceased?

Is anyone able to do a yearbook search for FH children?

Paideia High School
3043 Huffman Rd.
Valley, Washington 99181
(509) 937-2655

Thank you for the reminder.im new here,appreciate it��

Is anyone able to do a yearbook search for FH children?

Paideia High School
3043 Huffman Rd.
Valley, Washington 99181
(509) 937-2655

Paideia is a new school, founded in 2009-2010, based on the date of the law that allowed it to be created.

Better perhaps would be to look for yearbooks for Mary Walker High School in Springdale or another larger town in the Valley, WA area.

Hi all, I tried searching in this thread and can't find any reference but apologies if this has already been discussed... Doing some searching of FLEK related posts on facebook and saw someone commenting that they found a marriage record from Las Vegas in 1988 between a BST and a RWB. Has this been looked into already, i.e. tracking down RWB as someone who may have known FLEK? Thanks

At ancestry there are multiple Vegas marriages for each of those names -- ( who knew there would be so many BSTs ?, and multiple RWBs, or, these peeps just had multiple Vegas adventures, with others )

re the RWB --
Of the several, when researching them elsewhere, all but one is spelled as a full name of R***all

And only one is spelled the exact way as in the marriage to a BST, as R***y ( on soc sec appl also)
That fella was married in his home state of Kentucky in 1984...but who knows what happens in Vegas

Of the R***alls , one was living Colorado Springs, Colorado in 1988
Employed ? at Vickers

At ancestry there are multiple Vegas marriages for each of those names -- ( who knew there would be so many BSTs ?, and multiple RWBs, or, these peeps just had multiple Vegas adventures, with others )

re the RWB --
Of the several, when researching them elsewhere, all but one is spelled as a full name of R***all

And only one is spelled the exact way as in the marriage to a BST, as R***y ( on soc sec appl also)
That fella was married in his home state of Kentucky in 1984...but who knows what happens in Vegas

Of the R***alls , one was living Colorado Springs, Colorado in 1988
Employed ? at Vickers
Thank you for doing this. And the BST on ancestry pertaining to that 1988 marriage - any other info if you click on her? I don't know how ancestry works but I wondered if there would be other records attached to that name.

Thank you for doing this. And the BST on ancestry pertaining to that 1988 marriage - any other info if you click on her? I don't know how ancestry works but I wondered if there would be other records attached to that name.

I checked FamilySearch but just a little. Plenty of Becky Turners born in California, that's for sure.

Might have time for more later, but this could explain that Boulder City mail arrangement.

I might not get back into genealogy sites for this -- go ahead if you're interested, I'm not territorial & believe in sharing information!

HEY! Genealogists are very much like most of us -- willing to tease answers out of masses of unrelated words, endlessly curious about other people & their relatives, able to ask questions to identify scraps of information & assemble into a complete picture -- never giving up on the quest for the story.

Can anyone post FLEK's pictures in queries at genealogy sites?

US GenWeb is my first suggestion. This site includes pages for each state & county in the US. If the 1988 BST picture could be posted on the county that includes Boise, Idaho, someone could recognize her & share some of those scraps.

Same for Boulder City, Nevada.

I think we agree that someone knew this lady. How to get her picture & our questions to that person, we're still working on that part!

:seeya:

Come to think of it I went to school with a Becky Turner who would have been born around 65 , so not uncommon at all

No other info re those names ( ie if you click on them) on Ancestry --it's just a list

I could check more on the RWBs as it was more unique name ( and less of them) and compared them all to soc/sec applications

Way too many BSTs to try to trace tho

I was looking at the time line and when JD took BST info would line up with when a job corps student may have been leaving the center. I know there was one call Marsing Job Corp about 30 minutes out side of Boise. She would have been in the perfect age range. A lot to of the kids who attended did not come from grate backgrounds some where in trouble with the law ect. You could go in as early as 16 and come out as late as 21 or 22 at the time. Marsing had kids from Oregon and Washington also. She could have age out of the program or end up AWAl . No one there would report her missing besides a phone call to the family. There would be no year book or anything like that plus some kids did know local in Boise or hung out with some of the staffs places on the weekend or lived off the campus. But pretty much if you where there no one would worry if you came up missing. Back in the day the places was not that great.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back