Believe It or Not?

Found some interesting reads on threads at FFJ about a golf club that was found outside with hair on it. Some opinions that IT might have been the bash weapon, and I wonder if it's the one taken into evidence. Also, some photos posted by KK that show what looks like a Holiday 1996 Barbie doll, and some readers wonder if it could be a tree angel instead. Maybe that would account for the Angel in the evidence list?? Know there were supposed to be Barbies in the WC, and a '96 Holiday Barbie would make sense.

Found some interesting reads on threads at FFJ about a golf club that was found outside with hair on it. Some opinions that IT might have been the bash weapon, and I wonder if it's the one taken into evidence. Also, some photos posted by KK that show what looks like a Holiday 1996 Barbie doll, and some readers wonder if it could be a tree angel instead. Maybe that would account for the Angel in the evidence list?? Know there were supposed to be Barbies in the WC, and a '96 Holiday Barbie would make sense.

It is the 1996 Holiday Barbie, and to me it looks like it is still in the cellophane box. These dolls can easily be seen on eBay (you do not need to join eBay to look at auctions) by going to the site and typing it in search. Or just Google it- it will pull up pics.

'Slovenly' is a word that readily comes to mind.

JR admitted that he broke the window when he forgot his key and had to break into the house.

Can you see John Ramsey sliding in the window well and through that window? He had could of "broken" in anywhere on the ground floor, but he chose a window that was hard to get to and get in?

Can you see John Ramsey sliding in the window well and through that window? He had could of "broken" in anywhere on the ground floor, but he chose a window that was hard to get to and get in?

No, I can't see it at all. The whole story about breaking the window back in the summer is a big porky pie.

How would you get in the house from the garage? Any photos of a door leading into the house? Or did you go out the garage to reach a door to get in?

I wonder what the neighbors thought after Pasty finished her remodeling? Can you imagine their thoughts on seeing that?

We love old houses (ours turned eighty in May) and hate to see someone trying to make something that's not there. Or not keep the add on and remodel in the houses original style. Pasty add-on slaps you in the face in that neighborhood.

Why move in that neighborhood and add on? It wasn't what Pasty really wanted. If so, then why the adding on?

Pasty could of had a brand new mansion built from scratch anywhere in Boulder, from all that John Ramsey (Nedra Paugh didn't have any problems spending Mr. Ramsey money) spent on her redo. He was to of said that Pasty project cost him seven hundred thousand and that didn't include the purchase price.

I was wondering what was the attraction in an older neighborhood for the Ramsey's?

what caught my eye was the golf club cover. Somebody in another thread, made the comment that one thing pointing to the flashlight as the weapon, was that its rubber covering wouldn't have broken the skin. So, I'm wondering what the golf club cover was made of? just guessing here, but I would think JR had the best of the best, so leather maybe? Did BR or PR own clubs? If the cover was one of those silly yarn things, would that be enough to protect from a skin break? I've been doing a little research, and there are reports that a neighbor heard a crashing sound, of metal scraping against concrete. I admit that my 1st thought, was of a golf club. moo

As a golfer, I remember quickly looking at the golf clubs in photos of the R's basement and they didn't look very impressive at all. Also, it is not likely the club covers were leather. Usually they are a lightly padded vinyl (imitation leather look) or a cheap knitting.

Just a few of my thoughts ... R's were wealthy, why not have the basement professionally finished as well. That basement was very scary!

I always wondered if JBR got hungry in the night and went downstairs to the kitchen for the pineapple and one of the R's thought they had a burglar in the house, grabbed some type of weapon and lost their temper when they discovered it was JBR in the kitchen.

I am puzzled that a parent would leave their home vulnerable, i.e. broken basement window, unlocked door and faulty alarm system or alarm system not activated, especially when your children are sleeping on a floor below you, which means a burglar would reach the children first.

I thought PR had a maid? Didn't appear the basement was on the list of things to do, even to tidy up.

Just IMO

How would you get in the house from the garage? Any photos of a door leading into the house? Or did you go out the garage to reach a door to get in?

I wonder what the neighbors thought after Pasty finished her remodeling? Can you imagine their thoughts on seeing that?

We love old houses (ours turned eighty in May) and hate to see someone trying to make something that's not there. Or not keep the add on and remodel in the houses original style. Pasty add-on slaps you in the face in that neighborhood.

Why move in that neighborhood and add on? It wasn't what Pasty really wanted. If so, then why the adding on?

Pasty could of had a brand new mansion built from scratch anywhere in Boulder, from all that John Ramsey (Nedra Paugh didn't have any problems spending Mr. Ramsey money) spent on her redo. He was to of said that Pasty project cost him seven hundred thousand and that didn't include the purchase price.

I was wondering what was the attraction in an older neighborhood for the Ramsey's?

I recall reading that the neighborhood was considered one of the elite areas in Boulder. Patsy, if not John too, moving into the area from Atlanta, would have wanted to establish their appearance of BEING SOMEBODY pretty quickly and easily. Much of who they seemed to be about was all about appearances! :moo:

Just a few of my thoughts ... R's were wealthy, why not have the basement professionally finished as well. That basement was very scary!

I always wondered if JBR got hungry in the night and went downstairs to the kitchen for the pineapple and one of the R's thought they had a burglar in the house, grabbed some type of weapon and lost their temper when they discovered it was JBR in the kitchen.

I am puzzled that a parent would leave their home vulnerable, i.e. broken basement window, unlocked door and faulty alarm system or alarm system not activated, especially when your children are sleeping on a floor below you, which means a burglar would reach the children first.

I thought PR had a maid? Didn't appear the basement was on the list of things to do, even to tidy up.

Just IMO

Patsy didn't have a maid- she had a housekeeper who came in the morning and left in the late afternoon. I'm not sure she came every day- I seem to recall that she came in 3 days a week.
Patsy was a very untidy person- even her own mother used to complain that the housekeeper had to spend too much time picking up the mess instead of cleaning. I don't think the Rs made it a priority to finish the basement. They had a large house as it was and there was room for the kids to play down there, though the Rs said it was mostly BR who played down there, in the train room with his friends. They said JB didn't like it down there.
Later owners DID redo the basement- and the whole house. It looks beautiful and can be seen on zillow.com. It is up for sale (and has been for a long time) and if you can search for it by the address. I know the address was changed by a subsequent owner (because of curiosity-seekers) so I don't recall the present address. If anyone has it, please post it. There was also a link here not long ago to the realtor listing, and there were lots of photos of the redone house.
I simply cannot fathom her parents (either one) bashing her to death because they found her eating pineapple. The head bash was unrelated to her bedtime snack, MOO.

what caught my eye was the golf club cover. Somebody in another thread, made the comment that one thing pointing to the flashlight as the weapon, was that its rubber covering wouldn't have broken the skin. So, I'm wondering what the golf club cover was made of? just guessing here, but I would think JR had the best of the best, so leather maybe? Did BR or PR own clubs? If the cover was one of those silly yarn things, would that be enough to protect from a skin break? I've been doing a little research, and there are reports that a neighbor heard a crashing sound, of metal scraping against concrete. I admit that my 1st thought, was of a golf club. moo

Just to keep the record straight, the Ramsey's Mag-lite found on the kitchen counter was a 3-cell flashlight, black in color, all-aluminum body, and used D batteries. It was not rubber coated.

ST states on page 48 a golf club with blond hair on it was found in the backyard.

Patsy didn't have a maid- she had a housekeeper who came in the morning and left in the late afternoon. I'm not sure she came every day- I seem to recall that she came in 3 days a week.
Patsy was a very untidy person- even her own mother used to complain that the housekeeper had to spend too much time picking up the mess instead of cleaning. I don't think the Rs made it a priority to finish the basement. They had a large house as it was and there was room for the kids to play down there, though the Rs said it was mostly BR who played down there, in the train room with his friends. They said JB didn't like it down there.
Later owners DID redo the basement- and the whole house. It looks beautiful and can be seen on zillow.com. It is up for sale (and has been for a long time) and if you can search for it by the address. I know the address was changed by a subsequent owner (because of curiosity-seekers) so I don't recall the present address. If anyone has it, please post it. There was also a link here not long ago to the realtor listing, and there were lots of photos of the redone house.
I simply cannot fathom her parents (either one) bashing her to death because they found her eating pineapple. The head bash was unrelated to her bedtime snack, MOO.

DeeDee249, Here is the link to the remodeled house:
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/749-15th-St-Boulder-CO-80302/13182008_zpid/

Thanks for the info on the house. If I find it, I will post the link. I actually believe the IDI theory, however, on the flip side, just trying to think of how the head injury may have occurred and agree with you really, can't imagine either parent inflicting such an injury. IMO

Just to keep the record straight, the Ramsey's Mag-lite found on the kitchen counter was a 3-cell flashlight, black in color, all-aluminum body, and used D batteries. It was not rubber coated.

ST states on page 48 a golf club with blond hair on it was found in the backyard.

For cryin' out loud, no wonder Steve Thomas resigned! A golf club, in the yard in December, WITH a blond hair on it?! You're not going to tell me they couldn't do forensic evidence on that club and hair. And those results could sure be held as non-published evidence, especially if it went to the grand jury.

Unbelievable! :banghead:

Now, how about the Canvas Bag found in the crawlspace? Any ideas or knowledge of postings elsewhere about it? There were quite a few crime 'tools' that weren't found, ie ligature cord, bloody wiping cloths, possibly brown gloves........ Maybe in that canvas bag - another 'secret' piece of evidence?:eye:

Flatlander, thank you for the zillow link so I could tour the house as it is now. Still the same, like perfume on a pig is still a pig.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TysonSF
Back