Bill O'Reilly War Stories Under Scrutiny

Don't we have enough people in jail already? How about we simply shame and or fire journalists who embellish the truth?

Not good enough. IMO, there is nothing more important to a government we can than honest media. NOTHING.

Think about it.

CNN publishes audio recording 'proving Bill O'Reilly lied in his book Killing Kennedy'

Fox News host has said in books and on television he 'heard' George de Mohrenschildt commit suicide with a shotgun at a Florida home in 1977

In audio recording he can be heard asking if de Mohrenschildt was dead

It is believed O'Reilly, 65, was actually in Dallas at the time of the suicide

De Mohrenschildt was a friend of JFK assassin Lee Harvey Oswald

Ex-colleague said 'O'Reilly's a phony, there's no other way to put it'

Publisher said 'passage is immaterial' to the story being told by book

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...oving-lied-Killing-Kennedy.html#ixzz3THcg6mDV

Not good enough. IMO, there is nothing more important to a government we can than honest media. NOTHING.

Think about it.

I beg your pardon, but I am well acquainted with the freedoms of speech and the press and why they are important.

So a "shower of bricks" turns out to be one brick by a sorely provoked homeowner. I can't even say I'm surprised, but we know people were hurt during the LA riots, so how does O'Reilly exaggerating his personal danger rise to the necessary thresholds of significance established by SCOTUS?

(Just to be clear, I'm not defending O'Reilly. I think he's a bully and an arrogant jerk. But we all knew that before the recent revelations.)

I can't think of one who is trustworthy.

So may I assume you are going to imprison every journalist in the country? That ought to work out well for your media-as-government-watchdog system.

So may I assume you are going to imprison every journalist in the country? That ought to work out well for your media-as-government-watchdog system.

You think the liars in the media who are in place right now are the only people in our country who can perform those jobs?

I beg your pardon, but I am well acquainted with the freedoms of speech and the press and why they are important.

So a "shower of bricks" turns out to be one brick by a sorely provoked homeowner. I can't even say I'm surprised, but we know people were hurt during the LA riots, so how does O'Reilly exaggerating his personal danger rise to the necessary thresholds of significance established by SCOTUS?

(Just to be clear, I'm not defending O'Reilly. I think he's a bully and an arrogant jerk. But we all knew that before the recent revelations.)

Mistruths of any kind have no business in the news. None. These people are welcome to exaggerate all they want in their personal life.

Mistruths of any kind have no business in the news. None. These people are welcome to exaggerate all they want in their personal life.

I basically agree with you, but both Williams and O'Reilly have been accused of essentially "personal" lies. Granted, they told them in public and in the context of the news, but their lies merely exaggerated their own proximity to events. To my knowledge, neither is accused of misreporting the substance of those events.

I.e., it was true there were violent riots in Los Angeles; O'Reilly merely exaggerated his own personal danger. (I can't believe you've put me in the position of DEFENDING Bill O. Shame on you! LOL.)

HAHA another one and it's Bill O'Reilly .. loving this!

I basically agree with you, but both Williams and O'Reilly have been accused of essentially "personal" lies. Granted, they told them in public and in the context of the news, but their lies merely exaggerated their own proximity to events. To my knowledge, neither is accused of misreporting the substance of those events.

I.e., it was true there were violent riots in Los Angeles; O'Reilly merely exaggerated his own personal danger. (I can't believe you've put me in the position of DEFENDING Bill O. Shame on you! LOL.)

When it comes to the JFK story O'Reilly completely misrepresented the facts when he claimed that he was on the doorstep of George de Morenshildt's home in Palm Beach Florida when de Morenshildt committed suicide.

The enhanced audio tapes released by CNN leave no doubt that O'Reilly told an outright lie. Making matters worse is the fact that this wasn't a lie from 30 years ago but one that was made in a book published just a few years ago and turned into a made-for-TV movie.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/03/01/media/bill-oreilly-jfk-recordings/

When it comes to the JFK story O'Reilly completely misrepresented the facts when he claimed that he was on the doorstep of George de Morenshildt's home in Palm Beach Florida when de Morenshildt committed suicide.

The enhanced audio tapes released by CNN leave no doubt that O'Reilly told an outright lie. Making matters worse is the fact that this wasn't a lie from 30 years ago but one that was made in a book published just a few years ago and turned into a made-for-TV movie.

Did Billo play himself, standing on the front porch with a look of horror on his face when he heard the gunshot? (runs to Netflix to see if they have it)

So, Bill O. was able to keep his lies under the carpet for all these years? It took the Brian Williams misstep for someone to start digging into Bill's stories? Hmmm, bet Bill O. thought he had really outfoxed the nation!

The way I was raised, as I expect most of you were, a lie is a lie. It will be interesting to see how the network handles Bill. Perhaps it will be a blessing for Brian Williams. If Bill O. scoots past this without harsh punishment, maybe the network heads will need to reevaluate Brian's punishment. Or he, Brian, may be used as an example for other journalists. I think this is what will happen with Brian. IMO.

I was wondering why his ratings increased immediately after the story broke, but I assume many tuned in just to hear him blast the allegations in his outspoken way. From what I understand he really did go off about it but I didn't see it. He's such a hothead and is good at asserting his pious attitude.

Yes, and I'm not defending him. But my point was that de Morenshildt did kill himself with a gun shot; whether or not O'Reilly was actually there to hear the shot, the shot is not in doubt. So Bill O is a self-aggrandizing blowhard and we should all be suspicious of anything he claims.

But then that was obvious to anyone with critical thinking skills from just listening to the man. Whether he was standing on the doorstep and heard the shot with his own ears is a relatively minor lie. More telling is the fact that he thought he could tell it and then bully the entire media into keeping his secret!

"More telling is the fact that he thought he could tell it and then bully the entire media into keeping his secret! "

In a way it is like the Bill Cosby case. Not that I think Mr. O. ever drugged or raped a woman. But it is the part of it when they become a big star and then just seem to get so caught up in their own fame that they somehow develop an ugly, inflated sense of their own entitlement in life.

They are just plain liars lying (and in Cosby's case worse) and should NOT be tolerated. And I also think that VA Secretary who recently was caught claiming to have served in Special Forces when he didn't should be immediately fired.

"More telling is the fact that he thought he could tell it and then bully the entire media into keeping his secret! "

In a way it is like the Bill Cosby case. Not that I think Mr. O. ever drugged or raped a woman. But it is the part of it when they become a big star and then just seem to get so caught up in their own fame that they somehow develop an ugly, inflated sense of their own entitlement in life.

They are just plain liars lying (and in Cosby's case worse) and should NOT be tolerated. And I also think that VA Secretary who recently was caught claiming to have served in Special Forces when he didn't should be immediately fired.

I guess it's hard to fire these folks when the leader of the free world does not get fired for lying to his employer (we the people) and Congress.

As a matter of fact, Bill O had his own sex scandal not only accused him of stalking her, but secretly taped him to prove it! No, as you point out, it wasn't drugging and raping; but I suspect some women would argue that a prolonged campaign of stalking might well be even worse.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramada.williams.gc@gmail.
Back