Billie Dunn on Websleuths Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have to dig thru mounds- but I do not recall any MSM article stating any quote straight from LE where any dogs may have gotten a specific hit...I will try to look

okay here is one early article-
http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/search-dunn-intensifies-helicopter-search

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328186
snipped- Hailey's mother, Billie Dunn, confirmed that dogs were brought in and indeed tracked Hailey's scent to the hotel. Local authorities have not yet confirmed this information to the news media, according to KTAB's Priscilla Luong.

there may be more- IMHO is it safe to say there are inconsistencies...by one, some or all

eta-I still can not find anything direct from LE stating dogs tracked to the friends home-maybe someone else can find something

Alot of the links you might be looking for are on this thread.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127472&highlight=dogs

thanks soul... I have searched around a good bit and can not find a quote or statement form LE saying that the dogs went to MB's house- I may have overlooked it though

I went through several MSM articles from bigcountryhomepage.com and I don't find any mention of MB's house either. A figment of "someone's" imagination.

BINGO!!!

I wonder if there was a response from that phone. With the way that kids are nowadays... don't you think that would be weird that she didn't get a response? Unless, MB's mother had the phone and HD didn't get a response and just walked over to MB's house. Didn't the bloodhounds lead to MBs.

What is different... Police released the info of the text in the local media.

IMO< there is NO WAY that Hailey would have walked over there without getting a reply. Middle school girl etiquette is very strict. You don't put yourself out there if you are not wanted. Sending a text saying 'whats up' is the same thing as saying ' hey, do you want to hang out with me today.' [ in teenspeak] So I don't think Hailey would have assumed that she was going to go have a sleepover with MB if she never got a reply. imo

Besides, the clothing she was wearing proves to me that she was not going out for the entire evening. If she was going to MB's then she expected to hang out with other kids, including boys. She would have taken 'cuter' outfit and some money, imo.

For those asking about the quality of the XBox Pics, here's a sample:

Attachments

• tatoo009.jpg
    tatoo009.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 26
IMO< there is NO WAY that Hailey would have walked over there without getting a reply. Middle school girl etiquette is very strict. You don't put yourself out there if you are not wanted. Sending a text saying 'whats up' is the same thing as saying ' hey, do you want to hang out with me today.' [ in teenspeak] So I don't think Hailey would have assumed that she was going to go have a sleepover with MB if she never got a reply. imo

Besides, the clothing she was wearing proves to me that she was not going out for the entire evening. If she was going to MB's then she expected to hang out with other kids, including boys. She would have taken 'cuter' outfit and some money, imo.

The "where are you?" text is the sort of thing you would say if you were expecting someone to come and see you, not the other way around. It implies that HD was expecting MB to show up (probably through some pre-arranged agreement) and MB did not do that, either because she got cold feet and opted out of whatever they were going to do, or she got vetoed by her mother. The "between the lines" message we got from the mother's interviews was that she felt that HD was out of control due to lack of supervision.

I don't think that the text message meant that HD was planning to go to MB at that point, rather it was the other way around. When MB didn't show up, and after SA returned home unexpectedly, she probably decided to go and seek MB out instead, and left after giving SA a cover story that basically reflected her general intentions and provided enough plausible information that no one would question what she was doing or come looking for her in the short term.

What happened after that is what we don't have a clue of.

I'm so back and forth on this case that I feel like a fish on land - flopping around spraying water all over the place.

One thing I am wondering in this case, though, and I'm not going to post this lightly. I'm just not sure about the local LE. I will back up LE everywhere else on this forum, but in this case, I have concerns. I do wish the FBI or another LE organization would take this case on and run with it. Just to know that Hailey is getting the justice she deserves.

Kimster, I agree with your concerns about LE in CC. Small town police officers simply do not have the training and experience to handle major cases like this... and do not want to, for that matter. I think the delay in bringing in the Texas Rangers seriously hurt their chances of solving this case. I also believe they thought in the beginning that Hailey was just a runaway and did not take the kidnapping angle seriously enough.

I can imagine an everyday scenario where Hailey did text MB to see what she was doing, get no reply, and then head out anyway, lying/rounding up to Shawn that she had a destination. It's not implausible. It's about the most plausible part of Shawn and Billie's whole account, far more likely than the job stuff, and the next's day way they discovered Hailey missing. I would also love to see the cell phone info for myself, to see if it supports Shawn's account or not.

I didn't get to hear the interview and plan to read through the thread, but would bet that there is still no explanation about Shaun's actions that day and afterwards. Others can be suspected and checked, but no one ever came out with an explanation about him.

That is mostly because he has not talked much publically about it even though he has been seen often. Most of what we think we know is what other people think he has told them.

No doubt he has talked in private and whatever he said has satisfied BD and CD since neither of them consider him to be a serious suspect, but I guess he doesn't care what we think. And he can't really do too much to change LE's attitude once they have made up their mind, but whatever he has told them has been sufficient to give them no grounds to arrest him or carry out follow up warrants.

That is mostly because he has not talked much publically about it even though he has been seen often. Most of what we think we know is what other people think he has told them.

No doubt he has talked in private and whatever he said has satisfied BD and CD since neither of them consider him to be a serious suspect, but I guess he doesn't care what we think. And he can't really do too much to change LE's attitude once they have made up their mind, but whatever he has told them has been sufficient to give them no grounds to arrest him or carry out follow up warrants.

I have a feeling that what Clint has said in public isnt what he feels in private..MOO

There is no reason for him to hold back, so I doubt that his private opinion is much different from his public one.

There is no reason for him to hold back, so I doubt that his private opinion is much different from his public one.

To be honest if he admits it publically he believes Shawn is involved he has to accept that his daughter is dead and maybe hes not at a point where he wants to admit that..publically at least. I also know..that a lot of this case between people close to Clint has played out in the social media..and from that personally i think Clint believes Shawn is involved.

The Hailey Dunn search center has a booth that will be at the annual Sweetwater Rattlesnake Roundup next week.

They'll be passing out fliers and keeping the girl's search in people's minds.

The roundup opens in Sweetwater next Friday, March 9 and ends next Sunday.

http://m.newswest9.com/default.aspx?pid=2747&wnfeedurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kwes.com%2Fstory%2F17074052%2Fsearchers-come-together-to-search-for-missing-colorado-city-teen%3Fclienttype%3Drssstory

That event in fact starts today until this Sunday. Additionally i know what that article says but..the Search centre isnt doing the booth. A woman called Melissa Gooch is running it aided by other people from facebook that live in the local area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther