Billie texts Clint about trading custody for house

Status
Not open for further replies.
] ...snip...

The lawyer won't handle anything beyond the 3 misdemeanor charges, IMO. She can't come up with the retainer.

ALL JMO AND MOO!!

Earlier in this thread, someone said that the attorney is pro bono, and he's already said he is prepared to defend her on anything else that comes along. Bet he will handle all her slander/libel/defamation cases too, and that's where he's hoping to make his $$.

Earlier in this thread, someone said that the attorney is pro bono, and he's already said he is prepared to defend her on anything else that comes along. Bet he will handle all her slander/libel/defamation cases too, and that's where he's hoping to make his $$.

Pfft, if she actually goes after anyone for slander I'll, well.... :thud:

I agree with those that think that Billie is trying to get the title of the house so that if she is arrested she has collateral for bond. This is all Billie sided. There is nothing in it for Clint at all. Selling the children? Pretty desperate move I'd say.
yes, & this may be a ploy to get out of paying child support on her son. There's no telling who the courts will award him to, so BD may be thinking that if a relative gets custody, Clint will get stuck with the support payments & she'll have the house. And I wouldn't put it past the courts. After seeing OJ & Mary Winkler get custody, anything is possible. MOO.

Another thought of mine is going back to BD stating in January 13 on Nancy Grace,

GRACE: To Billie Dunn. Billie Dun, you`ve been doing a lot of defending yourself. I want to hear your response to that.

DUNN: I have every horrible emotion imaginable. I break down several times in my room by myself. I try my hardest not to do it on TV. But I do try my hardest not to do it around family. I shouldn`t have to be defending my self. The fact is, Hailey is not in this house, and nobody`s found her. Everybody needs to remember that the whole reason her face is being put out there is because she`s not in her house.

This creeps me out in regards to the sudden news of the text to Clint.
Is BD wanting to sell the house and distance herself from what happened in that house?
Or is she wanting to hold up in that house?

BD should be having nightly visitors, nightmares or just going plain crazy with reoccurring thoughts over what happened in that house.

JMO

(All BBM): I'm no speech analysis expert, but the abrupt change here is really strange.

the only way I see a slanderous case winnable, is if Hailey is found & is ok. But I would think if that happened, her mother would be so relieved and happy, that the last thing on her mind would be trying to sue somebody. MOO.

the only way I see a slanderous case winnable, is if Hailey is found & is ok. But I would think if that happened, her mother would be so relieved and happy, that the last thing on her mind would be trying to sue somebody. MOO.

Oh dodie, your thinking with your normal logical brain here.
There is nothing logical or normal going on in this case.

They've been "separated" for 3 years now with both living in different "arrangements". Texas is a 50/50 state (community property). The only way CD could keep the house without BD getting her half would be if CD inherited the house and we know he didn't.

...snip...
BBM
If not inherited property, and neither can afford to buy the other out (custody and CS portion part of the deal is nonsense, IMO)>they can sell the property and split the proceeds? Mortgage on house?
BBM
...snip...
So am praying to God that an atty would offer his services for the good of the child{DD} most importantly..by representing Clint in some very good advice on how to approach and handle this situation at hand{i.e. Billie's cold and sick bargain of two childrens lives in exchange for full rights and ownership to Clint's home{thru it being willed to him in an inheritance}as well as never paying a dime towards the well being of either of her birthed children DD and Hailey}..

...snip...

I would definitely think that the courts would then see fit to evict Billie from any rights to said property that she has attempted to bargain her children's lives for..And award Clint full ownership and rights to the property that is rightfully his thru inheritance..

...snip...
BBM

Please can I get clarification? Was the house Clint's through inheritance? Or was it paid for by (or willed to) both of them? I am getting conflicting information.
TIA

I don't think any media outlets have actually said or written anything that would be considered slander or libel. Reporting that BD is a POI is not slander/libel. I don't even think a headline that says, "What does Bllie know about daughter's disappearance?" would be considered libel, even though it hints that BD was somehow involved. Also, Billie is a public figure now so it's harder to prove slander/libel. She would have to show that the media outlet acted with malice and that they knew the information they were spreading was false.

Please can I get clarification? Was the house Clint's through inheritance? Or was it paid for by (or willed to) both of them? I am getting conflicting information.
TIA

I'm not sure who found it online or otherwise, but the house I guess is in his and her names. I'm wondering if on that same deed or something similar, there is a previous owner listed. That might help clear things up some.

Oh dodie, your thinking with your normal logical brain here.
There is nothing logical or normal going on in this case.
To be honest, after writing that, I felt a little stupid...but happy and relieved IS how most mothers would feel in that situation. I've noticed people making money & getting rich off the most unsavory things. Several years ago, there was a case here, where a bunch of young boys were molested by a pastor. I heard from a close source, that the lawyer who handled the case, collected over a million dollars. I think about all the poorer people faithfully tithing, & it just doesn't seem right that so much of that money went into an already rich man's pockets. I know he was doing his job, but I haven't felt the same about him since. MOO.

I'm not sure who found it online or otherwise, but the house I guess is in his and her names. I'm wondering if on that same deed or something similar, there is a previous owner listed. That might help clear things up some.

Inherited or not, once the house is listed in both their names, it becomes community property.
If in fact it is in both their names.
Thanks Kimster, it is community property.

Who has slandered her, besides anonymous people on Facebook? Has LE or the media said things about her as a person?

Inherited or not, once the house is listed in both their names, it becomes community property.
If in fact it is in both their names.
Thanks Kimster, it is community property.

Texas Is A Community Property State

Texas is a community property state and that fact often leads people to assume the court is obligated to divide the marital property equally between the spouses. That is not the case.
The judge in a divorce case is obligated to weigh all the facts and devise a "just and right" division of the assets and debts. Needless to say, what a party views as a “fair” allocation of the property may not correspond at all with the judge’s perspective or that of the other party.

SNIPPED; BBM
http://www.northtexasfamilylawyers.com/property-division-expect.php

Who has slandered her, besides anonymous people on Facebook? Has LE or the media said things about her as a person?
I personally haven't read anything except from internet people etc...but who knows, she may be taking down names and keeping notes. According to her, LE has told a few fibs on her, but I doubt she'll pursue that avenue. IDK if she was serious about taking care of the slander, but I think it would be pointless. might even backfire. MOO.

Community Property vs. Separate Property

...The “name on the title” is generally not significant. A provision in the Family Code requires the judge to assume that all property accumulated during the marriage is community property unless a party proves otherwise.

The distinction between community property and separate property is important because the divorce court can only divide the parties’ community property. If a party can prove that a certain item is his/her separate property, the court must award it to that person.

SNIPPED; BBM
http://www.northtexasfamilylawyers.com/property-division-expect.php

The question I'd like answered is whether or not Clint inherited this property.

ummm, can a lawyer levy against 1/2 the interest in the property without Clint's knowledge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaleyilene01