Billings -Couple with 12 adopted children murdered #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still new here. Here's what I'm interpreting.

This General Discussion group will be closed.
If the discussion group is to continue, someone will have to start a new
forum and label it something like "Billings General Discussion"

Is this correct?

Thanks

I'm still new here. Here's what I'm interpreting.

This General Discussion group will be closed.
If the discussion group is to continue, someone will have to start a new
forum and label it something like "Billings General Discussion"

Is this correct?

Thanks
There is a forum devoted to just this case. So now, everything will be broken out into topic specific threads as opposed to one general discussion thread.
It is easier to find information when each topic for discussion has its own thread.
Hope that helps.

I think LPG JR. is going to refute forever any connection to the killings. Deny, deny, deny. They say that the actual killing is on tape and it identifies LPGJr as the sole murderer of the Billings. But I can almost hear him state that they have me mixed up with someone else.

I also feel that Gonzalez was halted somehow in something he wanted to do - it might have come down to Billings - Billings might have threatened to report him, or said that I'll make a call and that will be the end of your venture. I do think BB was respected in certain circles.

He might have psyched these others up into a frenzy of excitement - enough to allow him entrance into this house. He was going to be the one to do the killing and the others would be the safe locators and movers. Can you imagine how the parents feel who signed up their children for the martial arts class? To think they were taken in and their children were pawns.

I kept wondering where I heard Sovereign before and it was a case in MA recently. I'm not sure of the all the details but a couple filed no taxes for years, declared sovereignty and were also then virtual prisoners in their home. If they left the property they would be arrested. Unsure what has happened so far. They were in their 60's or 70's.

So, there was a second safe with $100,000 in it? I am hearing this on Anderson 360 - Susan Candioti (sp) reporting it. She is saying that it was not opened. Or the theives/murderer were not able to open it.

CNN started off the 10 pm news with breaking news: There was a second safe. It contained $100000. The accused did not access it . No reasoning given for why it was not taken or opened.

CNN started off the 10 pm news with breaking news: There was a second safe. It contained $100000. The accused did not access it . No reasoning given for why it was not taken or opened.

Anderson Cooper 360 has more coming up after the break.

It will be interesting to me, to know if the authorities confirmed the amount themselves while the trail was still very warm, or if that was reported by the family after the fact...

Ah, now saying that the suspects never got their hands on that second safe. Sheriff is on now and says he cannot confirm anything.

Here's just my opinion... JMO... based on the latest news coming out of the suspects mouths...

The juvenile told his father that he was scared - not of the police - but of "them" - he told his dad "they're all gonna kill us" or something like that.

Coldiron said he wanted OUT, but L. Patrick Jr. told him he was in "too deep..."

Well, at this point, I am beginning to think there is no "them" - it sounds to me like it was just another one of L. Patrick Jr. self-concocted, self-delusional schemes to make these guys believe he was "bigger" than what he really was.

It just doesn't seem likely to be a true "paid hit." I am beginning to think this whole "military precision execution" was just a wet dream of L. Patrick Jr. that he made come true.

I hate him. I really, really hate him. :furious:

Bolded by me.

That's exactly how I saw him. I was really uncomfortable around him.

Seeing others coming out saying they all ignored his boastful wild stories because they all knew they weren't true, was so typical for most that knew him, that I knew as well.

I've spent today thinking about this, so many people that knew him far better that I knew him, some seem to be shocked and in disbelief, because he seemed so nice and others stating he was always kind of out there.

Individual perception is an odd thing. I've wondered if natural protective instincts as a young female, were kicking into overdrive and that allowed me to see deeper into his otherwise disregarded melodramatic behaviors. Or if it was more of the distance factor I had versus others closer to him.

By age 20 I'd been married, had a baby, the relationship turned very abusive, divorced and retreated to family on the coast to get away and start over. At this point in time, I didn't trust anybody, aside from close family.

I can't remember exactly when it was I first encountered him, he was hanging out with someone that was associated to someone I worked for and it was at a gas station. We never hit it off on a good start, he reminded me too much of my ex and my first impression was what a smug jerk.

The next memory I have of him early on was at a party and he was coming off like a lunatic and the people that I knew that knew him, told me to ignore him, he was all mouth and no action. But gut instinct told me not to trust him.

I'd see him ever so often, we'd exchanged some heated words, and frankly, I went out of my way to avoid him, whenever possible, if I saw him, I'd leave or if friends knew ahead we would both be somewhere, they'd keep me away from him. I had absolutely no use for the him.

I do remember him supposedly having gotten married and expecting child. I may have seen his first wife, seems like I did, from the pictures she looked familiar. The pictures of the current wife, aren't familiar, so most likely I didn't know anything about her. There are some really tight circles in that area and most of them do overlap, so anything is possible.

I saw him as self-absorbed jerk, with some anger issues, knew he had been in some trouble, but until this happened, I never gave him being capable of murder a thought.

Now given all of this information, based on everything I saw and heard back then, I can easily see his involvement. The scripted planning and practice fit in with his need for drama.

Someone mentioned earlier on in one of threads about him being possibly a control freak, I intended to reply, but became sidetracked. With the martial arts training he had, being in control was pounded into him throughout his life, but I know of some instances that he had difficulty in knowing when to back off.

Sheriff David Morgan - not confirming the second safe. Won't confirm the dry run. Well planned and well executed home invasion - obviously they trained for some time. On property for less than 10 minutes and time in home approximately 4 minutes. 3 more persons of interest - we are very confident we are near an arrest. Need to re-interview some witnesses.

I bet those goons didn't find it. Of course the family would know where it was kept so they could tell LE about the location after the murders and robbery had occurred. It was probably hidden and looked like something else.

So these commando thugs came into rob them of their money and got the wrong safe.

They did all this for nothing and two people are dead because of it.

imo

It will be interesting to me, to know if the authorities confirmed the amount themselves while the trail was still very warm, or if that was reported by the family after the fact...

Since the Sheriff will not confirm what Susan Candioti stated, I will be interested to see if the information comes out in the newspapers.

The information may be correct and the Sheriff (for reasons of his own) just does not want to confirm it. OTOH, he did not deny it either.

I bet those goons didn't find it. Of course the family would know where it was kept so they could tell LE about the location after the murders and robbery had occurred. It was probably hidden and looked like something else.

So these commando thugs came into rob them of their money and got the wrong safe.

They did all this for nothing and two people are dead because of it.

imo

:boohoo:

Serves them right not to have found it. Not so smart.

ETA: Yes, absolutely tragic as well as senseless. LWOP is too good for them.

Once again, these guys were SMART about what they wanted to accomplish. A second safe only shows that murder was the primary motive. BUT, that second safe is rumored to be chock full of money...was there a kilo as well? Whoever is "leaking" info better think real hard about it.

--I am not questioning WS policies--just confused about something.

Sometimes I see forums that have a general discussion thread (such as Nevaeh Buchanan in Missing) and then in others there is no discussion thread.

What is the difference and how is it determined whether or not to have a discussion thread?

And please don't put me on TO for asking. ;)
I am not :) But I can help with this.

The reason we give a case it's own forum is specifically so that we don;t have to discuss everything on one thread! We can break it out into important topics and have in depth conversations about the things each of us are interested in.
If all the information is jumbled together in one thread, it is very difficult to analyze any one topic completely without running into conversation about everything related to the case. Posters then get frustrated having to wade through so many posts to find information they are trying to research or discuss.
As new information emerges, it is convenient to bump the thread related to the new information and continue discussion with information other posters have reported.

Admission here is on a rolling basis, so someone that joins next week will want to discuss something you may have discussed ad nauseum already. You can skip that rehash and the new poster can go to one or two threads and get up to speed on the conversation with the full benefit of all the hard work earlier mebers have already done.

Plus during trial it is easy to find information when it is basically confined to a couple threads using the search function. That is also why it is important to title your threads with something that identifies the topic so it is easy to find with the search function.

Feel free to start new threads on topics you would like to explore. BUT BUT BUT be sure to search first and see if there is one that has already been started and bump it!
Hopefully that helps.

I am not :) But I can help with this.

The reason we give a case it's own forum is specifically so that we don;t have to discuss everything on one thread! We can break it out into important topics and have in depth conversations about the things each of us are interested in.
If all the information is jumbled together in one thread, it is very difficult to analyze any one topic completely without running into conversation about everything related to the case. Posters then get frustrated having to wade through so many posts to find information they are trying to research or discuss.
As new information emerges, it is convenient to bump the thread related to the new information and continue discussion with information other posters have reported.

Admission here is on a rolling basis, so someone that joins next week will want to discuss something you may have discussed ad nauseum already. You can skip that rehash and the new poster can go to one or two threads and get up to speed with the conversation with the full benefit of all the hard work earlier mebers have already done.

Plus during trial it is easy to find information when it is basically confined to a couple threads using the search function. That is also why it is important to title your threads with something that identifies the topic so it is easy to find with the search function.

Feel free to start new threads on topics you would like to explore. BUT BUT BUT be sure to search first and see if there is one that has already been started and bump it!
Hopefully that helps.

Thank you, JBean! Now I get it. I am a little slow sometimes. :waitasec:

Thank you, JBean! Now I get it. I am a little slow sometimes. :waitasec:
You are not slow at all and many people ask for clarification on this.

One more tip! If any of your (not just you Cleo everyone) threads are closed, merged, moved or otherwise moderated, don't be discouraged or take it personally. There is most likely an organizational reason it was done or a topic that is off limits for some reason.

Sometimes when a poster gets the courage to finally start a thread and it is immediately merged with another, they get discouraged from starting new threads. That should not be the case! Just use the search function as opposed to looking at each page for your topic. Invariably members will unknowingly start a thread on an existing topic and that is life in the forum, we can fix it! But all we ask is that you please search first and that you don't just start a thread to ask a question or rant about something.
if you think it will generate some discussion, post a thread and see what happens :)

Dumb question, probably, but what exactly is bumping and how is it done? Thank you in advance!

:loser:

Anderson Cooper 360 has more coming up after the break.

Not a whole lot of info. All the Sheriff talked about was that there were three persons of interest they were looking for and he said what he meant by humdinger was like the killings in Idaho(?) and the Tate LaBianca murders.

Since the Sheriff will not confirm what Susan Candioti stated, I will be interested to see if the information comes out in the newspapers.

The information may be correct and the Sheriff (for reasons of his own) just does not want to confirm it. OTOH, he did not deny it either.

He doesn't want to eff up the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike