Bishop's List

Utah and Arizona governors and media seem to want to make this about polygamy instead of child abuse. Now they are trotting out non FLDS polygamists and talking about that taboo subject, polygamy. Not child abuse. Not incest, not abandonment, just polygamy. And so far, no one has been charged with polygamy. And Texas has been relatively quiet on that issue.

You know they (Ut. and Az. officials) have indicated that they believe it was wrong for Tx. to do the raid and how they won't be doing one is failing to take into account the differences in their communities. It is my understanding that in Az. and Ut. the FLDS lives in individual homes. The homes may be owned by the FLDS, but they are individual homes. And in some cases a man's wives may live in their own homes.

But in Tx. it was a more communal lifestyle. Not one family to one home, multiple families in one home. And I think that is why Texas took the sweeping action they did (besides the fact that so many were either hiding themselves or trying to hide someone else during the raid.)

I'm not surprised, Molly. Maybe this was done on purpose, in case there ever was a raid.
That's possible, but I believe it was standard practice for some of them. Keeps the wives and children off balance and rewards the "favored" ones, they are elite and get to be at "zion" before anyone else. That didn't work out according to plan now did it?

It sure didn't, Molly.

Any facial expression will be seen by someone. Any independent thought or action will be observed.

I shortened your article!

LMAO....nobody needs to worry about facial expressions! I've honestly never seen a one of them show any form of emotion even when they 'honestly tried to' for the media.

Utah and Arizona governors and media seem to want to make this about polygamy instead of child abuse. Now they are trotting out non FLDS polygamists and talking about that taboo subject, polygamy. Not child abuse. Not incest, not abandonment, just polygamy. And so far, no one has been charged with polygamy. And Texas has been relatively quiet on that issue.

You know they (Ut. and Az. officials) have indicated that they believe it was wrong for Tx. to do the raid and how they won't be doing one is failing to take into account the differences in their communities. It is my understanding that in Az. and Ut. the FLDS lives in individual homes. The homes may be owned by the FLDS, but they are individual homes. And in some cases a man's wives may live in their own homes.

But in Tx. it was a more communal lifestyle. Not one family to one home, multiple families in one home. And I think that is why Texas took the sweeping action they did (besides the fact that so many were either hiding themselves or trying to hide someone else during the raid.)
That's true, there's a big difference in being enclosed within walls versus individual homes. Now that you mention it, they are seeming to concentrate on speaking about polygamy.

I shortened your article!

LMAO....nobody needs to worry about facial expressions! I've honestly never seen a one of them show any form of emotion even when they 'honestly tried to' for the media.
After years of being taught to suppress your emotions and facial expressions to "keep sweet" I imagine it's hard for some of them to react in a normal manner. However.... that being said, I've seen some posts by flds that are agressive and the language and insults used are definitely not of the sweet kind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean
Back