Black Friday Chaos & Insanity

I went skiing. But the place I am in I would have to drive 3 hours to go shopping and that's just crazy.

I'd be afraid to go to work on Black Friday.

Don't they ask for volunteers or do they just say, 'you're working'?

EVERYONE works Black Friday and Thanksgiving. If you call out, you lose your Holiday pay. And you work the position you are assigned.

Our society is really falling to pieces.

If these folks are willing to fight and shoot each other to save on flat screen TVs and x boxes can anyone imagine what they would do if they needed food?

:goodpost:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I work at Wal-Mart and it is DANGEROUS!!!! I heard another one of our workers in New York was trampled to death......AGAIN! Tired of losing co-workers. And worry because I am a position expected to control the chaos. Stepped between two men fist fighting over a television a few years ago.....pathetic at my age.

I worked for WM for three years, left this past May. Started in Electronics, ended up as a CSM, and, oh, the stories I could tell about Black Friday/holidays in general. Was so nice to be at home this year, doing some of my shopping online.

I hadn't heard about the trampling in NY, that's awful :( The store I used to work at had to call 911 twice before the sales even started on Thursday, customers fighting. People shoving items down their pants with no LP around to stop them. Craziness.

EVERYONE works Black Friday and Thanksgiving. If you call out, you lose your Holiday pay. And you work the position you are assigned.

Yep, November and December (and store inventory month) are "Blackout Months". No requests off, and if you have limited availability (can only work days or only a few hours per day), that goes straight out the window. Everyone works forty hours the week of Thanksgiving, then they start cutting hours until Christmas week.

I read somewhere that there were 4 deaths and 67 injuries (all shopping related) during Black Friday in the USA.

Disgusting.......

This is exactly why I stay home on Black Friday! There is just no sense in the way people act.

I do mine online for the same bargain. I went one time, several years ago, and I said NEVER AGAIN!

Our society is really falling to pieces.

If these folks are willing to fight and shoot each other to save on flat screen TVs and x boxes can anyone imagine what they would do if they needed food?

One of the prime reasons I want out of this town...

Best-
Herding Cats

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$