Blah,blah,blah?!

There were some comments Mayer made alluding to saving some details in case he was put on the witness stand. He may or may not have discussed these "details" verbally in front of LE present at the autopsy. People aren't always aware of this, but there WAS another medical examiner present at the autopsy. She did not perform the autopsy or write the report, I believe she observed. I am not sure if Mayer is a coroner or Medical Examiner (they are not the same thing). So there was (supposedly) expert help available. As to why he didn't call for more help? Probably the same reason the Police Chief turned down help from the more experienced (in homicides) Denver police when it was offered. Pride, arrogance. An "I don't need help" attitude.
Mayer wouldn't describe himself as "confused" over which of the two causes of death came first. He was simply unable to determine which came first, likely because they had to have occurred close together. We know this because BOTH of the causes (head bash, strangulation) had evidence she was still alive when it occurred.
He may also have been told to "just leave it this way". I can see no good reason why bruising and blood should be found in the vagina and wiped from the pubic area of a 6-year old girl. There is no innocent explanation. This was sexual assault/abuse no matter which way you slice it. And there is no good reason I can fathom why the coroner did not put this in his report.

Here's what I know about this:

I am not sure if Mayer is a coroner or Medical Examiner (they are not the same thing).

PMPT, page 43 -

"At Boulder County Hospital, John Meyer concluded his autopsy at 2:20 p.m, and after the press conference, Eller was briefed by Detectives Arndt and Trujillo about the coroner's findings."

Schiller repeatedly refers to Meyer as a coroner in this passage where the findings of the autopsy are revealed, but when I look up Meyer by name, it says he's a board-certified forensic pathologist, and can practice as either coroner or medical examiner.

http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-john-meyer-2pxkq/

Next bit:

People aren't always aware of this, but there WAS another medical examiner present at the autopsy. She did not perform the autopsy or write the report, I believe she observed.

[SIZE=-1]
Earlier in PMPT, page 31, where those present at autopsy are named:

"Shortly after 8:15 a.m. on December 27th, Dr. John Meyer entered the autopsy room at Boulder Community Hospital accompanied by his medical investigators, Tom Faure and Patricia Dunn. Dunn had been at the Ramsey house the previous day and was Meyer's primary investigator on the case. For the autopsy, Detectives Linda Arndt and Tom Trujillo were on hand for the Boulder police; senior trial deputies Trip DeMuth and John Pickering were there for the DA's office."
[/SIZE]

I'm not exactly sure who you mean (Patricia Dunn?), but I hope that helps.

Also worth noting is a later passage in PMPT (page 46) that reads -

"That night, John Meyer returned to the morgue. With the coroner was Dr. Andrew Sirotnak, an assistant professor of pediatrics at the University of Colorado's Health Sciences Center. The two men reexamined JonBenet's genitals and confirmed Meyer's earlier findings that there was evidence of vaginal injury. Meyer knew that JonBenet's death could be traced to strangulation and a blow to the head, but the facts surrounding the sexual assault of the child were unclear. In the event of a trial, the physical evidence about that would be open to interpretation."

Dr. Sirotnak appears to be of the belief that JonBenet was killed as the result of domestic child abuse in this article he authored with Dr. Richard Krugman in 2001.

http://www.cyc-net.org/today2001/today011224.html

Oh, wow, here's something I hadn't previously seen about Dr. Sirotnak -

"[SIZE=-1]Dr. Andrew Sirotnak, director of Kempe Child Protection Team at Children's Hospital in Denver, said violence-prevention screening is definitely needed."

http://extras.denverpost.com/news/violence/viol0307.htm

And being the Denver Post, there is a JonBenet section -

http://www.denverpost.com/jonbenet

Interesting. That's gonna be a lot of reading.

[/SIZE]

Thanks for that link. So now we see there was DEFINITE evidence of sexual assault, corroborated by a second coroner who looked at JB (and not just the photos). And some people still refuse to believe she was sexually abused...

Thanks for that link. So now we see there was DEFINITE evidence of sexual assault, corroborated by a second coroner who looked at JB (and not just the photos). And some people still refuse to believe she was sexually abused...

What does that tell you, DD?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back