blue hair ties/black outfit...does not match!

sandraladeda said:
Thinking aloud about the hairdo - what if JBR took a whack to the head (accidental or otherwise) and the staging of the strangulation took place to cover for the accidental or otherwise head bash.

Perhaps the perp (PR or otherwise) styled the hair in a way that would cover the head whack injury so it would not be readily noticeable (would there have been a noticeable lump? or skull divot?)

Before you Law and Order/CSI buffs chime in and say "everyone knows it would show up at autopsy", I'll head you off by saying anyone who has just participated in/witnessed the fatal headwhacking of a child and is in the process of covering it up is probably not thinking as clearly as us armchair detectives at WS 10 years later....and may believe that restyling the hair to cover the lump/divot will cover for the real injury - the headwhack....

(...in my humble opinion with the caveat that I have had 2 beers tonight and I am a lightweight....imhowtctihh2btaiaal :D )

The medical examiner noted his surprise as he began removing the skin on JonBenet's head and saw the head injury. He exclaimed that he had no idea there even was a head injury.

Originally Posted by JBean
lmao. I know WHAT the clip is. I just don't see one in your picture. that was funny.
I'm just pointing out that people in your very own link cannot make it out as that type of clip either.
Then I can't help you. It's there. Not my fault other people can't recognize it. Maybe you have to wear these things to recognize one in someone's hair. I already said I found it very surprising that other people even in my supposed "very own link" don't recognize it. I also notice that it seems that the people in my "very own link" that don't recognize it are men who would not necessarily be familiar with such things. Still, it's clear as a bell to me and other people. I provided my supposed "very own link" to demonstrate that it's hardly the first time the thing has been discussed. If some people can't tell what it is, well, I can only help so much. However, it doesn't make the thing NOT THERE just because some people can't recognize it. It's there, and it is what it is which is a big brown hair clip. Why it's there or whether or not it was found on the body is anyone's guess. The fact remains it IS THERE in that autopsy photo.

Why it isn't mentioned in the autopsy report is anyone's guess. Seeing as Dr. Wecht used the same clippers on both hands to clip the nails and mentions nothing at all about her feet, I wouldn't be surprised if he left it out as unimportant. However, seeing as he mentions that a blue cloth hair tie was used to make a ponytail of the upper ponytail, it could also be that the hair clip is one that they use in the autopsy room on anyone to keep hair out of the way for photo taking purposes. If that's the case, than the damn thing should have been mentioned as something that JBR was not found wearing in her hair when it's photographed in an autopsy photo. It wouldn't surprise me that they would keep such a thing in the autopsy room for the purpose of keeping hair out of the way when taking autopsy photos, but if that's the case, and it appears in an autopsy photo then they should SAY it was not something the body was wearing in the hair when it was found.

PagingDrDetect said:
Then I can't help you. It's there. Not my fault other people can't recognize it. Maybe you have to wear these things to recognize one in someone's hair. I already said I found it very surprising that other people even in my supposed "very own link" don't recognize it. I also notice that it seems that the people in my "very own link" that don't recognize it are men who would not necessarily be familiar with such things. Still, it's clear as a bell to me and other people. I provided my supposed "very own link" to demonstrate that it's hardly the first time the thing has been discussed. If some people can't tell what it is, well, I can only help so much. However, it doesn't make the thing NOT THERE just because some people can't recognize it. It's there, and it is what it is which is a big brown hair clip. Why it's there or whether or not it was found on the body is anyone's guess. The fact remains it IS THERE in that autopsy photo.

Why it isn't mentioned in the autopsy report is anyone's guess. Seeing as Dr. Wecht used the same clippers on both hands to clip the nails and mentions nothing at all about her feet, I wouldn't be surprised if he left it out as unimportant. However, seeing as he mentions that a blue cloth hair tie was used to make a ponytail of the upper ponytail, it could also be that the hair clip is one that they use in the autopsy room on anyone to keep hair out of the way for photo taking purposes. If that's the case, than the damn thing should have been mentioned as something that JBR was not found wearing in her hair when it's photographed in an autopsy photo. It wouldn't surprise me that they would keep such a thing in the autopsy room for the purpose of keeping hair out of the way when taking autopsy photos, but if that's the case, and it appears in an autopsy photo then they should SAY it was not something the body was wearing in the hair when it was found.
Don't worry about it, you tried, that's all I can ask.
I have waist length hair and rely on butterfly or banana clips often. but alas,like so many other i cannot make it out in the picture. Thanks anyway for your help. I would guess that if it is not included in the list of items found on or with the body, it was not there.That would make your guess that the coroner was using one to hold her hair out of the way the most reasonable, IMO.

PagingDrDetect said:

Cyril Wecht clipped her nails? I thought he just wrote a book about the autopsy, and was not there for it at all.

If there was a butterfly clip on JBR, and I do see it in the photo, I'm fed up with yet another sham or mixup or plain sloppy reporting job. It should have been in the autopsy. None of us ever heard of it. EVER. If the killer put it on her when playingwith her hair, it's a clue. Everything about her hair is part of the crime scene yet no one gives a damn. Was it even tested for anything? The killer probably left his dna all over it. Do they bother their *advertiser censored* to check hair or do they concentrate only on panties and thighs???

If JonBenet had been wearing a hair clip/clasp then it should have been itemized in the autopsy report, and it was not.

Also if she had been wearing one, then its more likely there would have been surface trauma to her skull.

imo the asymmetric ponytails, and the non-matching hair-ties are indicative evidence of redressing, like her size-12's, they are inconsistent not only with JonBenet's likely personal preferences, but also with that of a bedtime abduction.

Her hair was probably restyled to give some sense of normalcy to her corpse, after being manually strangled her hair would be dishevilled.

This would be consistent with the bruising beneath the ligature, the whole intent of her staging was to change our perspective on her homicide.

Also if you think the foregoing has any merit then it also indicates that the person(s) who redressed her, knew her well, since not only did they know where to find her dress items, they elected to simulate her style?

Its possible that it is blue, since they looked dark in the dark, or the person adding them had bad eyesight!

The simplest explanation is that the ME clipped her hair out of the way before reflexing her scalp. I think this is a big nothing.

I know what the little butterfly clips are that the kids use. We gave them out for Halloween one year. Those were as tiny as 1/2 an inch. They were very popular in 98, but I don't about before then.
I have no idea if thats what that is or not, even enlarged its very difficult to make it out for sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back