Body being wiped down

Does anyone else remember the story about a sealed box that JR had given his pilot asking him to store it at the airplane locker? As I recall, the box was given to him somehow before JonBenet's body had been found. The police didn't find out about it until several days later. I don't remember ever hearing the end of it -- whether it was located, recovered, what was in it. Anyone?

http://www.acandyrose.com/02002000NEWS-jonbenet-inc.htm

Under the headline: FOOTPRINTS IN WHAT SNOW?

By Katherine Rosman

<snip>

Tabloids such as the Globe, which kept JonBenet on the front page for three years (and counting), fabricated stories outright, says Jeffrey Shapiro, a freelancer who exclusively reported for the Globe from February 28, 1997, to February 11, 1999.
Such a manufactured news bulletin began, Shapiro recalls, over the weekend of August 22, 1998. Shapiro was facing more pressure than usual to find a blockbuster headline.

Days after the Enquirer's 911 scoop, Shapiro's editor had a big lead for him. Late in the night, on August 22, 1998, Shapiro says, one of his editors, Joe Mullens, called him at home to tell him that Mullens had found a source with the perfect juicy nugget. The lead, Shapiro recalls, was that John Ramsey had handed his pilot, Michael Archuleta, a box potentially filled with evidence, such as the cord used to strangle JonBenét and the tape found covering her mouth.

Shapiro says that when his editor filled him in on the details of the tip, he questioned the accuracy of the main source, who turned out to be Archuleta's brother. Apparently, in addition to telling Mullens about Ramsey's having allegedly dropped off the murder weapon at his pilot's home, Archuleta's brother gave Mullens another tip that Shapiro knew was demonstrably incorrect -- the details of a conversation Shapiro knew could not have taken place.

Mullens defended his source, Shapiro says, telling the young reporter that although the pilot's brother may have been wrong about the conversation, he was sure about the box delivery. Shapiro says he wasn't convinced.

<snip>

Meanwhile, inside the house, Archuleta got a phone call from a Globe editor. According to the pilot, the Globe editor said that Archuleta's brother had told the Globe that John Ramsey had given Archuleta a box of evidence. Would he care to comment? The Globe editor inquired.

Archuleta told the editor that he had been estranged from his brother for about five months. "If you're taking information from my brother, that shows me how stupid you people are," he recalls having told the Globe editor.

<snip>

From the beginning, the story was never based on legitimate sources, according to Shapiro: "They initiated the whole thing…fed it to the police, got the police to react on it so they could write the story."

You're so right DeeDee, but I think we've all been missing the point. Demanding sources, proof, etc. distracts from our discussion, which IMO is the whole point in the first place. If we're busy defending the evidence, which no one should ever have to do, providing links, etc., it diverts attention away from the Rs, which is exactly what they want to do. Funny, we all had to dig for this info to begin with, but it's just too much trouble for some others to do the same.

ETA: I think that part of the reason this happens is to frustrate RDIs to the point that we get disgusted and stop posting. I also believe that Ramsey "insiders", pun intended, walk among us.

ITA with all of this (including the Ramsy insider opinion).

So, let's just do it. Everyone. Ignore. Completely.

I think we should also avoid IDI threads and show them the same respect we would hope they would show us.

ITA with all of this (including the Ramsy insider opinion).

So, let's just do it. Everyone. Ignore. Completely.

I think we should also avoid IDI threads and show them the same respect we would hope they would show us.

I also have to ask why there is an "No RDI allowed" thread and no comparable "No IDI allowed" thread. Then we could just all stay there.

(sbm)
http://www.acandyrose.com/02002000NEWS-jonbenet-inc.htm

From the beginning, the story was never based on legitimate sources, according to Shapiro: "They initiated the whole thing…fed it to the police, got the police to react on it so they could write the story."
Sometimes it takes a while to get an answer. Thank you for clearing that up, DeDee. I had wondered about it for a long time because it just didn't make sense with what we know today -- but I still had it nagging at me in the back of my mind.

:gthanks:

I also have to ask why there is an "No RDI allowed" thread and no comparable "No IDI allowed" thread. Then we could just all stay there.
Anyone wishing to discuss & debate only RDI viewpoints can find an accommodating thread here.

:bump:

Bump (for a little background on the current discussions about JonBenet's body/legs/etc. being "wiped down"). Start on the first page. Like nearly all threads, this one tends to stray a little from the original discussion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back