Body language of CA & GA during this trial

Cindy's testimony about the dryer sheets was during the pre-trial hearings on March 3, 4, and 5.

So that would be more than 6 weeks ago. So then both the Anthonys would not have known what ICA said to these psychologists.

I didn't really pay much attention to George and Cindy when they were shown in the Courtroom, but the few times I saw them, they were sort of turned away from each other... and one time I saw Cindy leaning AWAY from George. Also, George looking straight ahead, and Cindy looking down (I think she was taking notes, though)..

Snipped
I'm with you on this. I saw nothing in their body language to suggest a united front. I don't see them sitting very close to each other, the leg or shoulder rubbing or sympathetic expressions of hearings past. As they came back from the lunch break yesterday, Cindy's purse hung on the shoulder of the side George was walking creating an unspoken distance. Later in the afternoon, George had his arm around the back of Cindy's seat and she was quite a gap away from him. George said on day one of his testimony on Tuesday that this is still hard on them which I took to mean on their relationship. And let's not forget the letter Cindy sent Casey in jail stating that when she gets out, they will find Caylee together. No mention of George in that plan. Hoping I'm wrong, but Cindy remains very much a wild card to me.

BBM-But they really have been saying that all along, haven't they? The comments about losing both girls, CA's comments to Leonard and Rob in the RV, things she said to Mark Fuhrman...
And there's something else we're not touching on-The last time we left Alex Plesea, he was quite ill. Shirley was in remission, George's parents are ill...those things don't halt or take a back seat because KC is on trial.
I hope the church lady reminded CA that God does not put more on us than we can bear.

BBM

I do understand what you are saying, but I respectfully would like to say that God had nothing to do with Caylee's murder/death.

Pure evil is what caused her death.

I truly believe that this has been a very long process for them both. I simply cannot imagine the emotional torment they have to be living through at this time. I do believe that Mr. Lippman the new attorney has helped them come to terms and a new understanding of things.At first I did think it may be a setup, but I no longer believe that at all after reading the letter GA had sent to ICA in Mar. 2010.

I will admit that I have not at all agreed with behaviors etc., but I do believe that now that trial is here at least GA will be 100% honest. Somehow I think between the new attorney and what the DT expected them to do hit them like a ton of bricks bringing them to a newer and even more dark reality in regards to their daughter and what she is capable of. Can you even imagine the pain and emotional torment?! I cannot!

In as much as I truly dislike so much of what they've done etc. my heart aches for them. And for little Caylee. Somehow I truly believe they both want the truth to come out whatever it may be. JMHO

I have to find this letter. I have missed that along the way.

ITA with everything you said, Janine. Especially about George fearing Casey. I think he knew very well what his daughter was capable of, from his comment about hoping the smell wasn't his daughter and/or granddaughter, to his telling one of the detectives (was it YM or the other guy?) that if something has happened to his granddaughter, he has lost his daughter. To me, that was the closest someone can get to saying if Caylee is hurt KC did it without coming out and saying it.

I am hoping at some point CA looked around at her life and said, what am I doing? KC has tormented me and my family, terrorized our home, and stolen and lied, and all this was before Caylee. They stood by her even as she lied and tricked them, teasing them with "clues" about Caylee, led them on and then finally distanced herself from them completely all the while they remained available to her. At what point do you ask yourself - what are we fighting for?

I think if ICA would have taken that Mothers day visit CA might have been able to hang on a little longer.

I also think there last attn. has gotten through to them and am glad for that.

I want Cindy on the stand on Friday. I want the jury to have her words on their mind for three days. I think the SA just may very well be planning it that way.

I think we will also be in court Sat. from 9-1 if I heard Judge Perry right. :innocent:

CA and GA have been in pretty close contact with SA, who knew all these accusations of abuse were coming in. My guess is they were told what their darling daughter had planned, and they had to hang on ultimately to what they could, each other. I have been very critical of the A family in the past, but my heart breaks for them now. They have seen the light.

CA and GA have been in pretty close contact with SA, who knew all these accusations of abuse were coming in. My guess is they were told what their darling daughter had planned, and they had to hang on ultimately to what they could, each other. I have been very critical of the A family in the past, but my heart breaks for them now. They have seen the light.

I see George hanging on to his bible and his lawyer and Cindy hanging on to her teddy bear.

The physical toll this has taken on them was apparent...they appeared to have noticeably aged.

If you compare the new video of Cindy at Caylee's 2nd birthday party with how she looks now, there is a huge difference, and it has only been just under 4 years. She has really aged alot (and poor George too)...I looked at that video and thought to myself, how happy Cindy was holding Caylee in her lap, chasing her down and gently turning her around and sending her back to the singing man...all the while KC sat on the right, next to a cooler, leaning up against a wall or the pool, probably drinking a beer and doing nothing, like she always has...how dare KC get angry and jealous of Cindy's care of Caylee. :banghead:

ETA: And you all know I have not been a fan of either GA or CA in the past, but I do feel for them now as their daughter destroys the only 2 people who really stood up for her.

I think, when I look at them that CA looks softer towards GA than she looked before. And like the fight is out of her. At least for the most part. It's been 3 long years of being the only one really doing anything to defend KC and then she goes and does this to them. At some point, even those that have to deal with people like this hit a wall and have to admit the truth to themselves, as it is the only way to heal. If you don't, you go insane.

I also think that the new lawyer is good for them. The other day when I saw the media trying to ask GA questions (sorry, I can't find the link ATM, but looking) about the DT OS, CA was walking GA around and sort of protectively circling him while the lawyer barked all that was going to be said out of them at the time. I think he has done a good job of helping to rein them in. I don't know if he helped bring them to the truth, but I think they are there and it is a good time for him to be doing the talking.

I read in one of the articles in the current news thread that Lee A. hugged George after his testimony today. I'm so happy to hear that, as I remember how he and KC, when younger didn't have much respect for him.

The A's new attorney said in recent interviews that yes the SA did let know them know the path the DT was getting ready to take about 6 weeks ago.

I think GA has seen the light but I am not sure CA has yet or why would she have attempted to see ICA on Mother's Day when ICA has not wanted to see her in almost 3 yrs? Then to top it off she deposit $200 in ICA account after she was refused the visit.

I have got a feeling SA is unsure of her too and may not call her until absolutely necessary. Will be interesting to see how JB treats her...that will tell a lot as to whether she is for the truth or ICA.

I think CA has been broken. I think her testimony will go one of two ways. Hateful and angry towards JB (hope not as it will reflect poorly to the jury) or continuous emotional breakdowns and sobbing on the stand. (harder to watch but better from the jury perspective)

I think a very big bubble of denial has recently burst and CA has lived in that bubble for so long that outside of the safety of that self imposed bubble - she is raw and on the edge of losing it. moo

In watching the SA manage the testimony so far, it appears they are going in chronological order. First they established where ICA was during the days when Caylee was gone (late June through early July) and moving on now towards the time that CA/GA were really getting scared (early July).

Cindy will likely come in at the point just prior to the 911 calls, to testify to the happenings of the car being towed, then finding ICA then making the calls. We are getting there and actually fairly quickly when you think about it.

But back to the original purpose of this thread - yes, each day CA/GA have come to court, GA is taking the lead and shielding CA more than I had seen in the past. She is not nearly as vocal, and yes, I do believe as others have stated - she has finally had to see the reality.

I am convinced the SA had a serious come to Jesus with the family when they spoke to them about the DT plans to accuse GA and LA of molestation. I am convinced that discussion included the offer of immunity for all of their tricks, meddling, and down right tampering of evidence IF AND ONLY IF they told the truth about what actually happened.

I doubt that CA will willingly toss her daughter to the wolves, but I do not believe she will protect her any longer. That must have been one huge and ugly pill to swallow for her.

I, too, noticed a softness in GA & CA's demeanor in the video you referred to (I posted on another thread about this yesterday). Their lawyer, as well, was courteous to the reporters, speakly politely to them as they made their way into the courthouse. I, too have been appalled by some of their previous behavior. Change is a process, slowly practiced over time, 2steps forward, 1 step back, like child learning to walk. May George & Cindy walk the path of truth.

I see a marked difference as well. CA used to be the one to sit up straight and make many facial expressions, while often times George was sitting low in his chair with his face in his hands.

Now I see him more of a leader, while Cindy seems to always have her head down (as if she's working on a crossword puzzle or reading). I've seen her with a pen, but not to the point like she's writing diligently.

No doubt George is worried and upset about what the DT is putting him through, and CA may just be despondent over the ambush.

That's my take anyway.

Mel

Based on the body language I have seen (which granted, is not much as I can't monitor the trial from work) CA is indeed leaning on GA more and they seem to be on the same page. This gives me hope that CA will finally, at long last truly advocate for Caylee and only Caylee.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maria_Falc
Back