Book: Media Tried, Justice Denied

sharkeyes said:
Well, with the exception of the photos, it's not worth the paper it's printed on...I don't know how CWB came up with some of the things he states in it - i.e., the bootprints - there's no flipping bootprint there - it's a distorted photo; what seems quite obvious to me is the fact that Devon fought his attacker, the blood that runs down the front of him leads me to believe he sat up after she slammed that butcher knife into his chest the first time - but CWB makes no mention of anything to that effect. Not to mention how he harps on whether the stereo is "on" or "off" in certain photos....don't get me started. I wonder how often (if at all) Mrs. Kee looks at the photos of those kids in that book.
Oh I know, he's crazy. I do think its worth buying for the photos though. I bid on it because I want an extra copy! One to paw through and one to keep all purty. But, as you said, many pix are distorted and the color is off. Here's how Chris got the pix: he took pix of copies of the originals, then copied them for his book. They are probably about 4th generation copies, maybe more.
He tries to show the police tampered with the scene, but all that was happening was they were taking photos of the scene as found, then moving things to look for other clues and getting those areas. And the stereo thing! Ugh!
I don't think Devon sat up. I think he picked his legs up and kicked. He had a cut on his right buttock, probably a knife slip. The blood on his chest is not in a flow pattern, is it? If you look closely you can see hand prints smeared around on his chest and tummy. I don't know how the blood got on his undies, but I don't think he sat up.

beesy said:
Oh I know, he's crazy. I do think its worth buying for the photos though. I bid on it because I want an extra copy! One to paw through and one to keep all purty. But, as you said, many pix are distorted and the color is off. Here's how Chris got the pix: he took pix of copies of the originals, then copied them for his book. They are probably about 4th generation copies, maybe more.
I agree that this book is worth it for the pictures. Also, the nice thing is, even if you pay an inflated price for it, you can alwasy resell it on Ebay for an equally inflated price and break even. That's what I did!:p

beesy said:

I don't think Devon sat up. I think he picked his legs up and kicked. He had a cut on his right buttock, probably a knife slip. The blood on his chest is not in a flow pattern, is it? If you look closely you can see hand prints smeared around on his chest and tummy. I don't know how the blood got on his undies, but I don't think he sat up.
Yes, on taking a second look I agree - the blood looks smeared, he grabbed at his chest (so much blood on his arms too), maybe rolled side to side a bit and brought his knees up (which might account for blood oozing onto his undies). It seems there should be more of his blood on the front of Darlie's shirt...she would have been kneeling over him, he had to have struggled (not for very long with those wounds) do you think she would have had to hold him down? I'm not finding any reference to the blood on her arms/hands having been tested - will go back and double check, I know she was cleaned up at the hospital.

I loaned my first copy of this book to a friend who decided that anyone reading this book or any true crime book was having mental problems. She threw MTJD away along with a collection of Darlie videos I had recorded and loaned to her. She is convinced that anyone reading or viewing this type of material is in line for becoming a serial killer. I'm thinking one day I am going to get her secret stash of *advertiser censored* and destroy them in retaliation. :D Not that the value was increased, but it was autographed by the author.
When I bought this book I was on the fence. After I read the book, I went in the direction of guilty. Of course the transcripts cinched it for me. This book in no way helped her case. I am waiting eagerly for his next book, though for the pictures.
I really have gotten away from this case, but one of the things that struck me was some of the comments that were made from the family in some of the first newspaper articles right after the murders. There were some comments about what had happened that night and it struck me in comparison with what they were saying later. I wish I could remember all the details like some of you guys do, but I will have to go dig the book out. The book is good to have, though, for both the articles and the pictures. The theories presented are ludicrous though. For all the stuff I cannot remember, I can still vividly see those boot prints CWB created in red to prove that someone else was there. I am thinking in this next book he may draw in the cigarette lighters that the intruders were carrying.

sharkeyes said:
Yes, on taking a second look I agree - the blood looks smeared, he grabbed at his chest (so much blood on his arms too), maybe rolled side to side a bit and brought his knees up (which might account for blood oozing onto his undies). It seems there should be more of his blood on the front of Darlie's shirt...she would have been kneeling over him, he had to have struggled (not for very long with those wounds) do you think she would have had to hold him down? I'm not finding any reference to the blood on her arms/hands having been tested - will go back and double check, I know she was cleaned up at the hospital.
I think the handprints and other smears on his chest/tummy are from Darin doing CPR, or supposedly doing it. I think Devon brought his feet up and kicked. I guess that means he brought his knees up as well. I'm picturing his knees up and closer to his chest, feet kicking up at her. I think his brought his feet up and kicked. That would have caused the knife to slip and cut his buttocks. According to the autopsy report, that cut is front to back and at a downward angle. I don't know if she had to hold him down, but she probably had to push his legs out of her way. Lucky for Devon he died quickly unlike Damon. Devon lived long enough to know who was stabbing him though. :twocents: There's also the possiblity this is when she received the cut on her arm. I don't think she intended to be a victim. I do not think the blood on her hands or arms was tested. I'm not sure if it would matter anyway. Transfer blood like that could easily be explained away. It is very difficult to figure out the mechanics of the actual stabbings. There are missing pieces, but the end result is the same, Darlie killed her babies.

I want to get this book. Do they still sell it anywhere? I wonder if I can order it?

beesy said:
I think the handprints and other smears on his chest/tummy are from Darin doing CPR, or supposedly doing it. I think Devon brought his feet up and kicked. I guess that means he brought his knees up as well. I'm picturing his knees up and closer to his chest, feet kicking up at her. I think his brought his feet up and kicked. That would have caused the knife to slip and cut his buttocks. According to the autopsy report, that cut is front to back and at a downward angle. I don't know if she had to hold him down, but she probably had to push his legs out of her way. Lucky for Devon he died quickly unlike Damon. Devon lived long enough to know who was stabbing him though. :twocents: There's also the possiblity this is when she received the cut on her arm. I don't think she intended to be a victim. I do not think the blood on her hands or arms was tested. I'm not sure if it would matter anyway. Transfer blood like that could easily be explained away. It is very difficult to figure out the mechanics of the actual stabbings. There are missing pieces, but the end result is the same, Darlie killed her babies.
Yes, that makes more sense :D

beesy said:
He tries to show the police tampered with the scene, but all that was happening was they were taking photos of the scene as found, then moving things to look for other clues and getting those areas. And the stereo thing! Ugh!
I like the "one to paw through and one to keep pretty." :D. I have two copies of some books for the very same reason. LOL! I didn't know that about the pictures beesy.

I know that my mother could in NO WAY publish photos of her beloved grandchildren in the state that Devon and Damon are in, in this book. I don't care if the money from the sale of MTJD is used to get oxygen for the Pope, no NORMAL Grandmother could circulate these photos.

To buy this book is morbid, in my opinion, and I have read so much true crime that I come out of most book stores empty handed because there is nothing I haven't read.

Sick, sick, sick......

Those poor babies, autopsy photos out there for the whole world to see.. and put there by their own families for profit. What kind of world do we live in?

amazing-sea-monkey said:
I know that my mother could in NO WAY publish photos of her beloved grandchildren in the state that Devon and Damon are in, in this book. I don't care if the money from the sale of MTJD is used to get oxygen for the Pope, no NORMAL Grandmother could circulate these photos.

To buy this book is morbid, in my opinion, and I have read so much true crime that I come out of most book stores empty handed because there is nothing I haven't read.

Sick, sick, sick......

Those poor babies, autopsy photos out there for the whole world to see.. and put there by their own families for profit. What kind of world do we live in?

I think that's going a bit too far. There's absolutely no reason to believe that Darlie's mother doesn't and didn't love those grandchildren. I also don't believe that this book was put out to "profit." They need money for her defense. That's not so out of line. My problem with the family was truly when they sold the boys' belongings at a garage sale to fund the defense. In my opinion that was over the line. I agree that the pictures of the boys is horrible, but unfortunately, they're now a matter of public record.

Not saying she doesn't "love" her grandchildren, just that most people couldn't fathom putting these photos in a book for the whole world to see. In no way am I saying she doesn't love them, she just shows lack of respect and decency (IMO) by publishing autopsy photos in a book and I don't think that it matters what it funds, it's still horribly tasteless! I mean, at what cost do you defend your child???? I do realize that the photos are public record, but that doesn't make it any less disturbing and sick that a grandmother is publishing her grandchildren's autopsy photos. I don't even think my mother could VIEW photos of that nature in regards to her grandkids. As a matter of fact, I think she loves my kids more than she loves me, her own flesh and blood:croc:

Selling the kids' belongings at a garage sale is also horrid, but selling pictures of children that have been battered, stabbed, bloodied, massacred and mutilated is just wrong, and on EBAY no less?? MY God, let them RIP.

Ok, enough of my two cents....

deandaniellws said:
I like the "one to paw through and one to keep pretty." :D. I have two copies of some books for the very same reason. LOL! I didn't know that about the pictures beesy.
He explains how he obtained the photos in the book, right before the pictures. He took pictures of copies of copies of the originals. Hmm, and we're supposed to see a bootprint from those?

amazing-sea-monkey said:
Not saying she doesn't "love" her grandchildren, just that most people couldn't fathom putting these photos in a book for the whole world to see. In no way am I saying she doesn't love them, she just shows lack of respect and decency (IMO) by publishing autopsy photos in a book and I don't think that it matters what it funds, it's still horribly tasteless! I mean, at what cost do you defend your child???? I do realize that the photos are public record, but that doesn't make it any less disturbing and sick that a grandmother is publishing her grandchildren's autopsy photos. I don't even think my mother could VIEW photos of that nature in regards to her grandkids. As a matter of fact, I think she loves my kids more than she loves me, her own flesh and blood:croc:

Selling the kids' belongings at a garage sale is also horrid, but selling pictures of children that have been battered, stabbed, bloodied, massacred and mutilated is just wrong, and on EBAY no less?? MY God, let them RIP.

Firstly Mama Darlie did not publish that book. Chris Brown did. Darlie's family does not own those photos, they are in the evidence files.
I agree with Jeana. They are a matter of public record and the family has no control over them at all. Nobody is forcing her to sell the books though and that may be tacky, but she believes it will vindicate her daughter.

amazing-sea-monkey said:

I disagree. Autopsy and crime scene photos should be pubic record, and we are the public. When it comes to murder, it is the public's concern as well as the family's. Citizens who want to investigate for themselves should have the freedom to do that without being made to feel guilty or weird about it. I think the family putting the transcripts and photos out there showed that they believed Darlie to be innocent and that others would see it to if they had all the facts. More defendants families should do the same. It backfired to some degree on Darlie because most of what we have points straight at guilt, but there are some who need a smoking gun and have joined her camp in support of her innocence so who knows what the real benefit to the family might have been. At any rate I like the idea that evidence like this is available to the general public. I think the state should publish at a reasonable rate that the general public can afford all criminal trial transcripts (felonies), esp murder trials.

Media Tried, Justice Denied by Christopher W. Brown is the only one that's even necessary to read. I say this because its got the photographs that one would need to see just how ridiculous it is to believe Darlie's claims that she put up any sort of fight whatever. There are also many news articles (of course, you'll need to deal with Brown's silly comments on them), but they're at least in one place. There is no fact in the other books as far as I remember. Some of the stories are true and others are not. The court transcripts are the best place to look for information that has been discussed from both sides.

Jeana (DP) said:
Media Tried, Justice Denied by Christopher W. Brown is the only one that's even necessary to read. I say this because its got the photographs that one would need to see just how ridiculous it is to believe Darlie's claims that she put up any sort of fight whatever. There are also many news articles (of course, you'll need to deal with Brown's silly comments on them), but they're at least in one place. There is no fact in the other books as far as I remember. Some of the stories are true and others are not. The court transcripts are the best place to look for information that has been discussed from both sides.
I agree, those pictures say it all....and yes, CWB's comments are so off the wall...supposedly he's writing another book due out in 2007.

Thanks a lot! I'm heading out to the secondhand book store tomorrow, hopefully I can find it. If not I'll check the library...but I'd prefer to own my own copy since I'm really fond of writing in my books (circling things, underlining, notes in the margins.)

Nuisanceposter said:
Thanks a lot! I'm heading out to the secondhand book store tomorrow, hopefully I can find it. If not I'll check the library...but I'd prefer to own my own copy since I'm really fond of writing in my books (circling things, underlining, notes in the margins.)

Good luck. From what I've heard, you can get them on E-Bay or directly from Chris Brown, but bookstores don't carry it.

I read in one of the reviews from the book MTJD the following:

"Investigators claimed the only bloody footprints belonged to Ms. Routier, yet clearly there are unidentified boot prints."

I hear nothing about this anywhere else. IS this true or is this a mistake written by the author???????????????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back