Bosma Murder Trial 01.18.16 - Jury selection process commences

Status
Not open for further replies.
There currently are no general discussion threads open.

Some trial and charge related posts have been allowed because the trial starts tomorrow.

A Trial Media thread and a Trial Discussion thread will be opened (either later on tonight or very early tomorrow morning).

Thanks to all for your patience.

Heartfelt thoughts going out to the Bosma family as they wade through this very trying ordeal with Justice for Tim Bosma in their minds and hearts.

ABro has created a list of Hamilton news tweeters that will allow you to follow just those reporters in one uncluttered stream

https://twitter.com/AnnB03/lists/tim-bosma-trial

Just in case you are new to Twitter or have all sorts of other junk cluttering up your feed, try that! Go there and you will not have to follow anybody individually.

I think the 2 other charges are now lumped into the 1st degree murder charge as essential elements of that case. I recall reading an explanation for this a couple of years ago on another case, but memory fails on the specifics or where to find them.

I don't recall seeing this video from January 18, 2016. Timeline. And also posting for those members who may stumble upon this forum and what a brief synopsis on the case. HTH.

Wow, watching SB plead for her husband's return, heartbreak all over again. You can see and feel her pain, it's so raw. Bless you SB and all who knew Tim and loved him, justice is coming. MOO.

http://www.chch.com/110078/

I am assuming court starts at 9;00am tomorrow?....ready to start as soon as I see twitter start ...Long time waiting for this day...Glad it is starting finally for the Bosma's family....Long long time IMO...3 years...see you all in here...(Y)...Robynhood.

I am assuming court starts at 9;00am tomorrow?....ready to start as soon as I see twitter start ...Long time waiting for this day...Glad it is starting finally for the Bosma's family....Long long time IMO...3 years...see you all in here...(Y)...Robynhood.

Court begins at 10:00 AM Eastern

I think the 2 other charges are now lumped into the 1st degree murder charge as essential elements of that case. I recall reading an explanation for this a couple of years ago on another case, but memory fails on the specifics or where to find them.

I guess we will have to wait about 15 more hours to find out it there are any additional charges besides the first degree against the two accused. I thought the Crown would also include these original charges just in case DM was found not guilty of first degree murder. He could still be found responsible for what lead up to TB's murder. If DM's plan was to just steal the truck and dump an alive Tim miles from home, those charges could still stick.

Thinking back to The AG's decision to skip the PH and fast forward to the trial, makes me believe there is sufficient evidence to show a deliberate and planned murder (first degree murder). So yes, I can see why the Crown might have dropped the two original charges. JMO.

thanks SnooperDuper>>>.10;00am tomorrow...(Y)....FINALLY,,...robynhood

I recall the other person's case you are referring to, I believe it was in regard to Douglas Garland in the Liknes/O'Brien case when the charges of identity theft and possession of a stolen bank card were dropped/stayed(?) because they were deemed to be already included in the murder charges he later faced.

It is not really clear whether the forcible confinement and theft charges are still standing for DM, but I did find this article posted January 4, 2016 which seems to indicate those charges still stand, however I can't really find it anywhere else, so it could be wrong. I guess we will find out tomorrow!:

The two men are also facing first degree murder charges in the death of Tim Bosma, which is scheduled to go before the courts later this month.

Millard is also charged with forcible confinement and theft of a vehicle

http://www.am980.ca/2016/01/04/tim-bosmas-accused-killer-is-back-before-judge/

ETA: Also found a reference to the additional charges in a National Post article dated July 16, 2014; if those charges have been dropped, there doesn't seem to be any MSM indication of it, that I can find.:

"Millard is also charged with forcible confinement and theft of a vehicle in Bosma’s death."

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...t-degree-murder-charges-in-death-of-tim-bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther