Bosma Murder Trial 04.12.16 - Day 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 12m12 minutes ago
molly hayes Retweeted Hamilton Spectator
Back in court for the #Bosma trial. Andrew Michalski will be back on the stand. Here's where we left off yesterday:

Hamilton Spectator ‏@TheSpec
#BOSMA TRIAL: Millard told roommate of plan to steal truck - latest from @mollyhayes #HamOnt http://bit.ly/1Sf5BjX

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Back at the courthouse today for the #timbosma trial. Follow for updates: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/news/bosma-millard-smich-trial-roommate-1.3533289 … #bosma #hamont #sc

Back at the Tim Bosma trial today. Follow along for updates.
by Adam Carter 9:15 AM

You may want to consider SS did identify DM, MS and Pedo in the video taken from the hangar. Remember, witness testimony is considered evidence. HTH and MOO.

Schlatman identified Millard and Smich in a security video from the Millardair hangar taken hours after Bosma disappeared from his home. After being identified, Millard waved at his former employee.

The video shows a tall man and a shorter man walking through the hangar at 1:42 a.m. on May 7, 2013. A dog follows them. The dog was Pedo, who Millard had taken from the streets of Mexico, court heard.

http://www.orangeville.com/news-story/6399212-accused-killer-felt-badly-for-victim-family/

Thanks, swedie. Personally, I don't think we needed SS to ID DM, it is beyond obvious from my perspective.

In any case, if the Crown needed a positive ID of those in the hangar video, they should have asked others that appear to be more credible and with no sketchy association to either accused, and thereby no reason to lie or an axe to grind, IMO, i.e. It would have been more credible, IMO, had the Crown asked DM's uncle to identify DM. Perhaps they could have asked SH as well? These are just a couple of options that I think would have held more weight, IMO. Perhaps they could have asked JV to ID both DM and MS? I just think asking SS to ID those in the hangar video was an odd choice. IMO, JV as a witness was more believable.

All MOO.

due to the cost of insurance I decided to sell 2 of my motorcycles over the fall and winter. I used Kijiji. I can tell you that after a couple of emails and then progressing into actually speaking on phone it is easy to get a vibe on a person. From all accounts, it's pretty obvious that the nice guy he was referring to was Mr. Bosma. He just may have found the other seller and bit more abrupt or direct or slightly less friendly and forth going on the phone... Unfortunately for my wallet, I get sentimentally attached to things and thus I sold one of them to a nice guy who I knew would love it is much as I did for less than a guy who called me and didn't ask any questions and said "I'll give you what you're asking, where can I see it" JMO of course

I think I'm in love with you. :loveyou:

This was another of AM's discrepancies in testimony, as compared to MH's. AM testified yesterday that MS told him where to drop off.. at a Shopper's Plaza.. but that the two (MH and AM) dropped to the WRONG plaza, and then AM had to tell MS where to find it. This contrasts with MH's testimony that he heard on the news blah blah and immediately stopped the car and dropped the items at the first available location. (From memory, can't post backup right now).
I don't think it contrasts at all...AM had to tell MS where to find it(the spot that MH stopped and dropped it at)

The courtroom is very full today. Three rows in the middle of the room are taken up with Bosma family and friends, as per usual, but every other seat is full too.
by Adam Carter 9:51 AM

Andrew Michalski returns to the witness box this morning to continue his examination in chief.
by Adam Carter 9:48 AM

To catch up, here's my story from yesterday:

Bosma trial hears accused killer asked friend if he should steal truck from 'nice guy'

Just days before Tim Bosma disappeared, Dellen Millard asked one of his friends if he should steal a truck from the "nice guy," court heard Tuesday at the trial of Millard and Mark Smich, who are accused of killing the Hamilton man.
by Adam Carter 9:48 AM

While I don't disagree that most people do remember some things (people close to the accused) memory is a very slippery thing when it comes to traumatic or tragic events. It most definitely does affect the memory and lawyers know it. This is exactly why they ask the questions the way they do and why they make sure to have witness statements available (statements that were made at the time, as opposed to memory recall several years later). Also JMO of course :)

Either way, I think both AM and MH are still lying by omission at best. I think they both probably knew a heck of a lot more than they're letting on. But I don't think they knew DM was capable of killing a man to steal his truck. I think that did actually genuinely freak them out.

The whole scenario of a series of questions being posed by a lawyer is intimidating to begin with....add to that the fact that the courtroom is filled to capacity and media journalists are in the house....ouch!
But if what the witness has to say is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth and stays focused they may well have a similar result to that of Brendan Daly when questioned by Dungey......as opposed to a meltdown.

I had a well seasoned lawyer tell me that each case has an odour about it...and lawyers soon get the sense when there is something rotten under the stairs. I suspect that a testimony or interrogation may well have an odour also and lawyers and interrogators develop over time that body of skills that enables them to take in body language, vocal tone, facial expressions & eye movement as well as the listening skills to sort it out pretty quick.

I'll be away this morning, so my HUGE THANKS in advance to the twitter-team here. I'll be looking forward to your posts on today's testimony when I get back.

Seriously! Where are you going?
Just kidding!
Give the wee lassie a little squeeze from all of us. :congrats:

due to the cost of insurance I decided to sell 2 of my motorcycles over the fall and winter. I used Kijiji. I can tell you that after a couple of emails and then progressing into actually speaking on phone it is easy to get a vibe on a person. From all accounts, it's pretty obvious that the nice guy he was referring to was Mr. Bosma. He just may have found the other seller and bit more abrupt or direct or slightly less friendly and forth going on the phone... Unfortunately for my wallet, I get sentimentally attached to things and thus I sold one of them to a nice guy who I knew would love it is much as I did for less than a guy who called me and didn't ask any questions and said "I'll give you what you're asking, where can I see it" JMO of course

So very true. And factor in the abruptness and language challenges with Igor and you can get a feel for why DM might refer to him as the a@@hole. MOO

Isn't that the symbol for worshiping someone? Do people really worship Dungey? I find that incredible, personally! All the not so kind words that were posted about DP, I thought that was because people hate lawyers or hate the idea that lawyers work for murderers or might get them off of the murder charge? Why the worship of this slick defense lawyer? Are some wishing to see MS returned to the streets, I wonder?

I think it's because TD's defence of MS is doing DM no favours, and most people would rather see charges stick to DM (instigator, ringleader) than DM's left-hand-man, if they had a choice.

Ontario Mom, 5 x Grandma! :congrats: on the birth of your beautiful new bundle of joy!! Glad to hear that mom and baby girl are doing well. You are blessed. Thanks for sharing your happy news here! It's such a lovely reminder of how awesome and precious is the miracle of life.

Congratulations, Ontario Mom!! :grandma: :cloud9:

I agree 100%! I was the same at that age. Couldn't tell you ANY current events. The only difference between me being in my early 20's and these guys being in their early 20's is social media. I remember when Tim went missing....every second Tweet was about him. Facebook was 90% Bosma. If one of them had said they hadn't heard about Tim then I'd buy it. But for so many of them to say they knew nothing of the story 3, 4, 5 days later is harder for me to swallow. MOO

This morning I did a bit of a test to see how many young kids know of Tim Bosma. I message 10 young men aged 19-23 on my Facebook from the Hamilton/Ancaster area (that is where I am from). All of these guys are somewhat active in social media and I coached them through various sports over the past few years. Only one of the knew somewhat of him when asked do you know who Tim Bosma is. Most first response not sure why or what school did he go to? The one who knew a little bit said he was the guy and there was something about a truck. Even though it is on social media most kids likely just scroll past it and think nothing of it. I know myself at that age if it didn't involve sports, women or beer it didn't peak my interest what so ever.

Jury now being recalled.
by Adam Carter 10:21 AM

Closing up now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads