Bosma Murder Trial 05.09.16 - Day 46

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charged for what? Getting the letters to and from Millard? Are you sure she did that and not a lawyer? Wiping prints from the trailer? Can you prove she knew what was in it?.

They really had nothing on her. I agree with you about her character, but thats life.

CN testified under oath that MB was the one who gave her the letters from DM (whether they were given to MB by a lawyer is entirely possible)

Interesting reaction from DM when Dungey announced he would call evidence .....

Alex Pierson said DM appeared unhappy , astonished , and out-played.

It's hard for me to believe anybody observing any of this today or any other day in court hasn't already concluded that all his animated aping is just transparent manipulation. He's not getting on the stand, but he's been 'testifying' for months now with this kind of crap.

What offence were MS and Arthur jointly charged with?

They were caught painting the SAY10 graffiti on the underpass

http://www.insidehalton.com/news-story/2904155-adults-arrested-for-overpass-graffiti/

...... Two Oakville men, aged 25 and 21, are facing charges after graffiti was sprayed-painted on the Fourth Line/QEW overpass Saturday night.
..... Mark Smich, 25, of Oakville has been charged mischief under $5,000.
Artour Sabouloua, 21, of Oakville has been charged with mischief under $5,000 and possession of marijuana.
..... bag containing 10 cans of spray paint

That was back in Oct 2012 .... sure was lots of stuff going on back then.

The funny (not haha) thing is if one didn't know about LB's murder, and MS being charged with it along with DM, one could absolutely see how MS accidentally got caught up in Tim Bosma's murder and convict him of a lesser charge.

scary thought.

I agree with you.....and the jury is not privy to the information about the other charge.....

To hear that DM was shocked and mad when MS's defence said they will call evidence, speaks volumes to me.

In DM's letters he seemed so angry that his "friends" would speak up and say anything at all and not just keep quiet. Will MS be the last of DM's entourage to open his mouth in this trial and say things which DM would hope would never come to light?

Sitting more than 3 months near beside staring/glancing/waving/smiling DM at their trial must have been a pure torture for MS. I would imagine he must be treated for stomach problems or biliary problems since for a time? Not, that he doesn't deserve it. But DM had deserved the same and got nothing from his "pacific" ex friend MS who showed behavior like being in church (someone said very well :) ).

I wonder if Mark recognizes the extremely evil character of his ex companion now being (himself) sober and not stoned? Or does he regret that the good old exciting evil times are gone, gone, gone? I would like to know this.

What a duo, OMG.

When all 3 future trials are done, I want to know if there are coming other charges (unsolved crimes in Ontario) for accused I or II or the entourage. It is taking much too long - my thoughts are going to all the family members of the victims. :grouphug:

As I was just about to log off here and facebook for the day (work calls) I checked my facebook memories for this day, and one of them was Tim's missing poster. A sobering thought considering what we now know was happening on this day three years ago.

RIP, Tim.

Sitting more than 3 months near beside staring/glancing/waving/smiling DM at their trial must have been a pure torture for MS. I would imagine he must be treated for stomach problems or biliary problems since for a time? Not, that he doesn't deserve it. But DM had deserved the same and got nothing from his "pacific" ex friend MS who showed behavior like being in church (someone said).

He's demonstrated for more than three months that he is a person capable of self control and seriousness and respect for the proceedings. How reflective that is of this actual character I don't know, but it appears he's pulled it off fairly seamlessly. He's as close to a blank slate as he can be in the circumstances given the evidence and if - IF - the jury can be convinced to seriously consider 2nd degree for him that will all work heavily in his favour. A jury considering a conviction that could see him out in 10 years is going to feel a lot better about that if he appears to be able to control himself under not insignificant provocation. I still think its a bridge too far, but the fact that it is a possibility is in part testament to MS's court behaviour, or at least the contrast that Dellen Millard has so very helpfully provided him.

CN testified under oath that MB was the one who gave her the letters from DM (whether they were given to MB by a lawyer is entirely possible)

Thats what I mean, we don't even know if she has committed a crime, yet some are outraged that she isn't in jail. I could really care less about MB. MM and CN and AM and possible SS are the ones I think should be in jail. Im not convinced that any of those four people didn't know that TBs truck was going to be taken from him that night, and that he was going to end up dead.

Why you ask? MM was begging MM not to go on that mission, and I keep asking myself why? He'd been on numerous missions before, why did she not want him to go on this one? MM was there when MS, DM, and AM were planning, so if she found out what was going on, AM definitely knew. As far as CN goes, the texts speak for themselves "If the mission is successful, it'll be an all nighter". SS I'll give a pass to, but he definitely knew that was TBs truck in the hangar on Wednesday May 8th and he said nothing. They can all rot for all I care.

Thats what I mean, we don't even know if she has committed a crime, yet some are outraged that she isn't in jail. I could really care less about MB. MM and CN and AM and possible SS are the ones I think should be in jail. Im not convinced that any of those four people didn't know that TBs truck was going to be taken from him that night, and that he was going to end up dead.

Why you ask? MM was begging MM not to go on that mission, and I keep asking myself why? He'd been on numerous missions before, why did she not want him to go on this one? MM was there when MS, DM, and AM were planning, so if she found out what was going on, AM definitely knew. As far as CN goes, the texts speak for themselves "If the mission is successful, it'll be an all nighter". SS I'll give a pass to, but he definitely knew that was TBs truck in the hangar on Wednesday May 8th and he said nothing. They can all rot for all I care.

BBM. If you believe that CN was honest about the way she obtained the letters then YES we do. MOO

Not defending any of DM's minions, but it has been pointed out numerous times that having knowledge of a crime is not a crime in itself. Tampering with evidence and breaking a no contact order, however, are. MOO

IMO at this point MS has absolutely nothing to lose by taking the stand in his own defence. Should he not, IMO undoubtedly the jurors will find him guilty of first degree murder. By taking the stand MS could sway the jurors to convict him of second degree or accessory after the fact. If MS can convince the jurors he had no knowledge DM was packing a gun and was not present when TB was shot, that could help him avoid the first degree murder charge against him. Even if MS says he knew DM had a gun on him but believed DM was only going to use it as a threat to force TB from his truck, it could still possibly change the outcome of MS's charge.

This will be a major argument/piece used to try and minimize MS's involvement in TB's murder. TD will use this evidence along with MS's testimony to show MS was not in TB's truck when TB was shot and murdered.

At 9:47 p.m. a set of headlights enters the screen from the left. When they are half way across the screen there is at least one bang. The lights move to the right. A second set of headlights follows behind.

When cross-examining blood pattern expert Sgt. Robert Jones of the Waterloo Regional Police Service, Dungey asked: If the bullet went through Bosma's neck and the window is smashed, could it support the theory that the driver is the shooter?

It was the first time in the trial that it has been suggested Tim was shot in the neck and there has not been any evidence so far to back that up.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...-the-latest-terrible-evidence-in-bosma-trial/

IMPO it is a great relief to know we are all in agreement DM is guilty of first degree murder and deserves what is coming to him. That wasn't the case three years ago or even just a couple months ago here on WS. Apparently with all the solid evidence the Crown presented it has left no room for doubt who the manipulator, planner and real psychopath really is. Let's just hope if MS takes the stand he will tell the truth. Unfortunately for the Bosma family I think MS's testimony could cause them unbearable grief if MS does take the stand and tells the truth. MS will give details they might wish they didn't have to hear.

My sincere and heartfelt condolences to TB's loved ones as they go through this very difficult and the final stages of the trial seeking justice for Tim. Stay strong and know justice will be served for TB. ALL MOO.

IMO at this point MS has absolutely nothing to lose by taking the stand in his own defence. Should he not, IMO undoubtedly the jurors will find him guilty of first degree murder. By taking the stand MS could sway the jurors to convict him of second degree or accessory after the fact. If MS can convince the jurors he had no knowledge DM was packing a gun and was not present when TB was shot, that could help him avoid the first degree murder charge against him. Even if MS says he knew DM had a gun on him but believed DM was only going to use it as a threat to force TB from his truck, it could still possibly change the outcome of MS's charge.

This will be a major argument/piece used to try and minimize MS's involvement in TB's murder. TD will use this evidence along with MS's testimony to show MS was not in TB's truck when TB was shot and murdered.

At 9:47 p.m. a set of headlights enters the screen from the left. When they are half way across the screen there is at least one bang. The lights move to the right. A second set of headlights follows behind.

When cross-examining blood pattern expert Sgt. Robert Jones of the Waterloo Regional Police Service, Dungey asked: If the bullet went through Bosma's neck and the window is smashed, could it support the theory that the driver is the shooter?

It was the first time in the trial that it has been suggested Tim was shot in the neck and there has not been any evidence so far to back that up.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6...-the-latest-terrible-evidence-in-bosma-trial/

IMPO it is a great relief to know we are all in agreement DM is guilty of first degree murder and deserves what is coming to him. That wasn't the case three years ago or even just a couple months ago here on WS. Apparently with all the solid evidence the Crown presented it has left no room for doubt who the manipulator, planner and real psychopath really is. Let's just hope if MS takes the stand he will tell the truth. Unfortunately for the Bosma family I think MS's testimony could cause them unbearable grief if MS does take the stand and tells the truth. MS will give details they might wish they didn't have to hear.

My sincere and heartfelt condolences to TB's loved ones as they go through this very difficult and the final stages of the trial seeking justice for Tim. Stay strong and know justice will be served for TB. ALL MOO.

It also seems to me that he will take the stand based on how todays events unfolded. DM teams comes up and says they are not going to present any evidence then Mr. Dungey says he needs to talk to his client. Then they proclaim they will call witnesses. Seems they were waiting to see if DM would testify if he was then we wont if he isn't then we will type deal

It also seems to me that he will take the stand based on how todays events unfolded. DM teams comes up and says they are not going to present any evidence then Mr. Dungey says he needs to talk to his client. Then they proclaim they will call witnesses. Seems they were waiting to see if DM would testify if he was then we wont if he isn't then we will type deal

Anyone know where TD would talk to MS in the courtroom environment? I know DM and MS are sitting at the same table, so would MS and DM be taken to another room or another table to confer?

I realize that none of my MOO conjecture can be used in Tim Bosma's trial, however, I believe that there must be a fair bit of evidence against MS's culpability in LB's murder, and, because of that and the evidence presented so far in this trial, that MS, having already helped (and for a long time gotten away with) in one murder, would have no qualms in helping in a second murder. Just MOO about MS's character/culpability.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless he pleads guilty I don't see the point. He's even closer to this than CN. For him to pretend he didn't know anything bad was going to happen and had no idea there was a clean up going on is impossible to believe. To go up there and tell lies could do him a lifetime of damage. If he is sticking to his not guilty plea then I think he is already in the best position he could be right now. Why ruin it.
I'm hoping he will plead guilty and tell all.

He has nothing to lose. I would take the stand if I were in his shoes

If MS takes the stand, you can be sure the questions of when, why and where TB was shot will be asked. If they can prove it could only happen when MS was in the other vehicle, I am not sure they would have enough evidence for first degree. But I also see no less than second degree.

From the description of Arthur, I don't think they would gamble with his testimony. Although it sounds like he would be the only witness to tell the truth from the circle of misfits.

MOO

It was not my intent to insinuate any of this was TB's fault. MS may try to insinuate that he was protecting himself from harm when he shot TB and it was self defence.... Like anyone would believe him!

Sorry Georgeo, I didn't mean to imply in my response that you thought what happened to TB was TB's fault and I should have pointed that out in my reply.

Some posters previously have taken exception to the possibility that TB may have fought his attackers and said he'd never do that over a truck and he'd have just submitted and given up the truck, IMO. My point was that no matter how TB reacted or didn't react none of what happened was his fault, IMO. Even if TB did fight back MS will not be able to argue self-defence, IMO, because either he or DM had a gun or guns and poor unarmed TB would pose no actual threat to either of them in the circumstance, IMO.

All MOO.

What personally irritates me about it being brought up that MS has previous charges and DM has none is that, in reality, looking at it chronologically, DM allegedly had already committed 2 others murders and not been caught yet. So he *technically* had a worse criminal record than MS at the time.

I wish the trials could be done in order of death, LB, then WM, then TB. As it stands in this trial, imagine if by some crazy chance DM wasn't convicted because of his "clean" record and the jury isn't allowed to consider the other charges. Yet in a few years he could be convicted of the two other murders.

IMO, I definitely understand why the Bosma trial is first but I wish it could be done in order of offences. It would provide a truer picture for the jury of exactly who DM was at the time of this murder compared to who LE thought he was.

All MOO of course.

Let's just say for DM's sake he was lucky he had no previous charges and obviously the slimiest of the two while committing crimes. Theft over $5000 has a heftier fine and jail term compared to MS's petty crimes. DM stole three Bobcats, or was it two? :rolleyes: Plus all the other crimes he committed we never got to hear about in trial because it would only show "bad character" and they were not linked to TB's case. Hindsight is 20/20 but just imagine had DM been caught stealing a Bobcat or Marty's HD and trailer or anything else he did illegally, DM would have hopefully been sitting in jail or LE would have been watching him more closely and things would have had a completely different outcome. What a damn shame. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iamgoingtofindyou45