Bosma Murder Trial 05.19.16 - Day 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will now show the most correct timeline (as crown presented in court) with the two extra truck sightings removed because they simply can not Be the Bosma truck ..... maybe a neighbor with a similar truck picking up his mail at Trinity & Book Rd or something ....we dont know for sure

8:46pm .... Yukon going south on Trinity
9:05pm .... confirmed time the Bate & Bosma phones walked in Bosma yard
9:20pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity followed shortly by Yukon

Now that leaves 34 minutes which seems like a long time but here is how I would rationalize it ( I wish Smitch would give us these details)

@8:46 Yukon starts down Trinity road .... they know it is the road Bosma house will be on .... likely not driving fast and checking the number posts in front of each house .... they obviously would first drive by Bosma's @8:51.... go a little farther south scouting for places to park the Yukon ..... turned around and headed north and likely glanced over at Bosma house again @8:53 ..... continued north and parked in the hayfield at Book Rd @8:57 ...... then walked down to Bosma house to be in the driveway @9:05 ...... talk with Bosma for couple minutes in driveway and leave @9:09 .... slow swervy drive north on Trinity as Dell pretends to get a text message from invisible coffee friends in Yukon ..... reach Book rd @9:12 .... drop Smitch off , get turned around on Book rd @9:15 ..... turn north on Trinity and drive past Super Sucker @9:20

It's just that simple. Thanks.

You're adding way too much travel time from Bosma's to Book and from Book to Super Sucker. It's about 30 seconds to drive from Bosma's driveway to Book Rd. If they drove slowly then maybe 40 seconds. It's about 1 minute or less to drive from Book Rd to Super Sucker. You're providing for several minutes for each section of the drive. I could ride my bicycle faster than that.

Still doesn't matter. If he ran the plate he'd see it belonged to a 2003 red RAM. Unless he knew the difference in model years, he'd just assume it had been painted. But the chance of him getting pulled over would be close to zero provided he didn't speed and stayed between the lines. You also forget that it would of been impossible for cops to see the plates because the Yukon was running interference.

If I was a police officer and I saw those plate covers on any vehicle I would take that as an invitation to investigate further.

Just throwing this thought out there, after reading your post. To me, it doesn't make any sense at all if the above is what transpired, because... if the 3 drove on past Supersucker and shortly thereafter, one or both shot TB dead, and then returned to the farmer's driveway to pick up the Yukon.. that is imo an impossibly stupid thing to have done. They had no control over what they might find on their return for the Yukon. Imagine if TB's wife and roomie were out walking the dog right at that time, and saw Tim's truck driving back.. they could have been AT the farmer's driveway, and SEEN the Yukon, even been standing beside it by then.. they see Tim's truck coming back, and go out to the road to say hey what's up.. and there he is shot dead. Or.. the duo see the wife and just take off, but have to leave their truck.. busted bigtime. Doesn't make sense to have taken that kind of risk SO CLOSE to TB's house. moo

There may have been a third part involved in all of this in my opinion.

Yes i would concur with your statement re no blood on him to transfer. That and a change of clothes. I don't believe that the absence of blood in the Yukon means anything.
Well I'm pretty sure he didn't change his clothes right there before getting in the Yukon. These guys left a pretty big trail with sloppy clean up. IMO I think the absence of any kind of transfer from MS is a sticking point for me. I just can't see how this is possible.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 56s56 seconds ago
Sachak says Millard then began searching Bosma's person for a phone. Smich says yes but not the way he's suggesting. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 1m1 minute ago
Sachak suggests the panick on the side of the road was when Millard panicked when he searched for #Bosma's phone.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
"...I have to find that phone." Dell started searching Bosma's "person" for phone to get rid of it. Millard fumbled with "casing" of phone.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Sachak says Millard searched Bosma's body for his phone. Smich says that did happen, but not in the way he described. #TimBosma #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
"Dell was fumbling and couldn't remove the casing on Mr #Bosma's phone," Sachak says. "Dell was concerned Mr #Bosma's truck may have GPS"

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak says Millard was concerned the truck had a GPS tracker and suggested they look for it. Smich says no. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Sachak- DM was fumbling w the casing on Bosmas phone. He was concerned about phone and GPS. @AM900CHML

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak says Millard was also concerned about finding a GPS in the truck. Smich says again that didn't happen. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak says ultimately a flashlight was retrieved from the Yukon to look for a GPS. Smich says no. Flashlight was retrieved right away.

They would steal a truck without verifying it had a gps?

The three hour time difference is a common thing. Many electronic systems default to Pacific time. However, this usually occurs when the system is set to sync with a Network Time Server (NTS). Most security DVR's are connected to a network for remote access and alerts, and can access an NTS server for time synchronization.

If this was the case, and it can be verified with the Super Sucker system, the time should be off by exactly 3 hours. Without looking at the make, network connection, and knowing about the NTS setting, this is just an assumption it was off by 3 hours exactly.

MOO

The systems I have used only sync the time when they are being set up. Any time the power has gone out, and come back on, they do not reset to the proper time or to a proper time in a different time zone. They start again where they left off, and the clock is now behind for as many minutes as the power was out for.

That could easily account for a time difference of 3 minutes or 10 minutes behind. If they were ahead in time, that would be a mystery, but this is not.

Thats the stupidity of the law. If Smich witnessed Millard killing somebody else, why can't he say it? Why are we able to mention Smich's drug dealing? He wasn't convicted of that either?

They can mention crimes that they have been convicted of, but not blurt out accusations of crimes that they have not been tried for yet. Even if you don't see the logic, it is very important to the justice system to do it this way. Otherwise they could accuse people of all sorts of other crimes, whether there is evidence or not, just to use against them at a current trial to decide guilt.

A simple 3 minute adjustment to the Super Sucker video makes the timeline work:

8:49pm .... Yukon going south on Trinity
9:05pm .... confirmed time the Bate & Bosma phones walked in Bosma yard
9:08pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity
9:18pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going south on Trinity
9:23pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity followed shortly by Yukon

These times don't have to be absolute, they just need to be accurate relative to each other.

What doesn't make sense is, if we accept MS's version of the story and don't make any corrections to the video time, why it takes 15 minutes to get from Bosma's to the Super Sucker building. They only met in the driveway briefly before departing, and there's no way it took them 10-15 minutes to let MS hop in the Yukon per MS's story. If MS's version is correct, how does he explain the time gap?

It makes more sense that they left Bosma's place shortly after 9:05pm, drove north past Super Sucker 1-2 minutes after that, then drove back south 10 minutes later to retrieve the Yukon, then departed toward Brantford (once again driving north past Super Sucker). JMO.

Thanks Bill ... presented that way is not unreasonable either ... except the quick jump from walking up the driveway at 9:05 and introductions and chat with Bosma and jump in truck to be at SS within 3 minutes .... not impossible but very fast ..... It would also allow 10 minutes (9:08pm 9:18pm) plus 2 or 3 minutes (total 13) to kill Bosma before arriving at the Yukon.

Gee whiz .... both scenarios are possible ... MS version and Sachak (DM) version ... and continuing to flip-flop on this case (smile) .... I am preferring the MS version that he was dropped off early. MS himself should have provided (could have provided) more details but for some reason did not ..... hmmmmm .... flip-flop flip-flop .... my sharp pencil hurts ........ haa.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 4m4 minutes ago
Sachak says "The lunatic asks you to follow him?" Smich: "He told me." Smich follows Dell to the farm.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Smich agrees the two went to the farm. "Why not call 911?" Sachak asks. #TimBosma #BOsma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
Why not call police when you're back in the Yukon? Smich says he was scared. "He just killed someone and he has a gun." #TimBosma

Smich says his phone was dead, and he was terrified. "I didn't know what to do." #TimBosma #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
Smich followed Millard to the farm. Why didn't you call police? Smich says "my phone was dead. I was scared." #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
Smich followed Millard to the farm. Sachak asks why he didn't just drive away. #Bosma

Smich says his phone was dead. "I was absolutely terrified, I felt threatened and didn't know what else to do." #Bosma

"Why not call 911 when you are in the GMC Yukon?"
Why not drive away? "I did not feel safe or secure," says Smich.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 4m4 minutes ago
"You felt very safe, you had a gun," Sachak says. "No, he had the gun. It was in his satchel," Smich says. Sachak says not logical.

Sachak suggests Smich felt safe because he had a gun. He says no--Millard had a gun in his satchel. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 4m4 minutes ago
"He just killed somebody. I didn't know what to do." Smich says. "He told me what to do. I was scared." #Bosma

Smich says his phone wasn't working. Why not drive away? Why not go somewhere to use a phone?

"Why not pull over at somebody's house, and knock on the doors and say there's a guy who just murdered somebody, call 911?" Sachak #Bosma

How about you each had a gun? How about that?

The officer who collected the video testified under oath that he did in fact compare the time stamp to his phone. But no, he didn't take a photo of it, nor did he record that detail in his notebook as he should have.

Interestingly -- I just noticed this in the tweets -- some police notes taken by Staff Sgt Matt Kavanagh during a Crown prep meeting just before this officer's testimony indicated that the video was out by "3 hours plus 1 or 2 minutes".

Hmmmm. Maybe even "3 or 4 minutes."

In a roundabout way, I said this exact thing yesterday about the timestamps. There is a reason that you can manually change the time on almost any camera.

If the Super Sucker video is three hours out, is it not conceivable that it could be three hours and five minutes out? Or, even if it wasn't three hours out, is it not VERY possible it could be five minutes out from my watch or yours?

I am not suggesting the truck in the 9:05 and 9:15 videos is TB's, but I don't think you can definitively say yes or no either way because of the time stamp on the SS video.

There is a very real possibility that the "official" times aren't official and the possibility does exist that the truck(s) went by at, say, 9:10, 9:20 and 9:25.

In other words, saying the SS video what 100% correct to the minute, and lined up exactly to the cell phone pings and call from the Bate phone at 9:05, is speculative and, some would say, even unlikely.

Does this make sense at all? LOL

Court in session. The jury is being recalled.
by Adam Carter 10:02 AM

Court in session

THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads