Bosma Murder Trial 05.24.16 - Day 54

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't sound like it would be a good "pet cremation" model either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Possible "chopping" is referencing modification ......like what they do with stolen vehicles in their "Chop shop" aka Hangar.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 39s40 seconds ago
At 9:20 pm Smich's phone ceases connection with the service. He says yes "that's what happens when the battery dies." #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 50s50 seconds ago
Smich says that's because his battery died. Fraser says the phone could be powered down or the SIM card taken out. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Phone records show the last phone communication from Smich that night was at 9:20 p.m. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Smich says he told his girlfriend that night that he was "going to be back soon." #TimBosma #Bosma

Possible "chopping" is referencing modification ......like what they do with stolen vehicles in their "Chop shop" aka Hangar.

And it also means chopping. Generally chopping refers to something stolen, and modified to something you own.

MOO

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Smich insists his phone died that night, which is why he couldn't get ahold of Marlena. #Bosma

Fraser suggests there are several reasons this could happen. Points out that Smich has testified about taking out his SIM card later that wk

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Fraser says that's the exact time they were driving past Supersucker, which was caught on video. #TimBosma #Bosma

Smich says no, his phone died. #TimBosma #Bosma

"How is it you know that the exact time of 9:20, your battery dies?" Fraser says, saying Smich turned it off. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3s3 seconds ago
Fraser suggests Bosma was their last option after Tumenenko and Palmili (who slept through their call). #Bosma

I wonder what these two guys and Igor are thinking as this trial unfolds? I think I'd be sick! Lucky indeed!

Smich online, googling incinerators. Chopping... bodies
You don't chop garbage. MS is as guilty and sick as DM.
Crown has a long list showing MS involvement. MOO

I'm still reading through trying to get caught up, and I don't necessarily disagree with you, but I wanted to mention that "chopping" could also be slang for selling pot; to pay for the incinerator.

back to reading.

P.s I'm from the 'burbs just like these idiots (sorry, sillybilly! don't kill me for calling them idiots!!) and that's what people of a certain age used to call selling pot, occasionally.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 34s34 seconds ago
"That's a plan, Mr. Smich, to eliminate the tracking devices," Fraser says. Smich says no, his phone died. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 42s42 seconds ago
At 9:23 p.m., the "Lucas Bate phone" (alleged to be Millard's burner phone) was powered down. #TimBosma #Bosma

Alex Pierson
Smich points out' "it's not my mission".
Crown- I don't care whose mission it is. U are there. U are participating."

I believe this line of thinking will form a significant part of the Crown's final statements and also the Judge instruction to the Jury. Since TB was murdered during a theft, and was forcibly confined, crown does not have to prove who pulled the trigger.
Whether MS implicates himself further or not, he can be found guilty of 1st degree murder based on the testimony and admission so far. Anything admitted further would only serve to shorten the jury deliberations. IMO

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 25s25 seconds ago
"No sir, my battery died," Smich says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 33s33 seconds ago
Fraser says Smich and Millard knew the significance of phones and tracking, and that's why their phones went silent. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19s19 seconds ago
Fraser suggests again it must be a coincidence that Smich's phone and the Lucas Bate phone go dead within 3 minutes of each other.

Smich says again that his battery died. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
Fraser says Smich's phone went off at 9:20pm, and that the Lucas Bate phone was "powered off" at 9:23pm. "That's a plan sir," Fraser says

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 19s19 seconds ago
Smich says he wasn't in the same vehicle as Millard at that time. #TimBosma #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 28s28 seconds ago
Fraser says so "it's a coincidence" that his phone and the Bate phone go dead within three minutes of each other. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
(the Bate phone was the prepaid phone bought under a fake name, that was used to call Tim Bosma the night of May 6).

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 8s8 seconds ago
We're ending slightly early today. The Crown says they intend to finish the cross tomorrow morning. That's it for today. #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 54s54 seconds ago
We are done for the day. Fraser says he'll be back up to complete his cross-examination tmrw morning. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
Fraser says Smich and Millard knew the significance of phones and tracking, and that's why their phones went silent. #TimBosma #Bosma

This makes sense to me, but why in the world did DM did NOT shut off HIS phone?

Yes, the wood chipper conjures up gruesome images to be sure, and if ever there was a nefarious use, or a plan for a nefarious use by the accused, when the idea of an incinerator came into DM andor MS's head they likely realized that it would accomplish the goal of eliminating victim's with a lot less effort, mess and leftover evidence.

I said before I never want to know anyone who owns an incinerator. Today I'm adding to say, I don't ever want to come across someone who owns a gun, has a mobile incinerator, a wood chipper, and an isolated rural farm property and an non-operational hangar, and who has a witless accomplice who is willing to help the owner of all previously mentioned items to kill innocent victims and make them disappear. :( In other words, I don't ever want to come across DM or MS in my travels!! I hope no one else ever falls victim to this dangerous and deadly duo again!

All MOO.

My reference to the movie Fargo was not about the wood chipper at all. I was trying to draw a parallel. Fargo IMO is about what can happen when good people give in to a crime of opportunity based on their circumstances and in the process cross paths with psychopath career murdering type criminals devoid of any sense of right or wrong. In the movie the one character works at his father-in-law's car dealership and starts stealing cars from the dealership and in the process entered into the underbelly of the crime world.

Good work Fraser! You had MS on the defense without allowing him to be constantly pointing the blame at Walt Disney.

We will see if Fraser has a strong finish, but IMO he has taken a very big lead.

MOO

Regarding the movie Fargo......Googled it and found that Coen Brothers investigated and found it to be based on a true story.

"This is a true story. The events depicted in this film took place in Minnesota in 1987. At the request of the survivors, the names have been changed. Out of respect for the dead, the rest has been told exactly as it occurred."

Did not know that. That is chilling. I guess the truth is stranger than fiction.

Interesting that the Crown doubled down on its timeline that ties the phone record accuracy to the Super Sucker timestamp accuracy. It clearly doesn't feel it needs the two earlier truck sightings for its case.

I think he just simply forgot. DM is not good with details. This would be one of those details that he missed.

What? And miss calls from CN, LW_2, and Jenn?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member