Boulder police chief exonerates Fleet and Priscilla White in death of JonBenet Ramsey

Well, that's both a huge relief and also extremely frustrating :floorlaugh:

Can I get some sources that verify it was NOT a mixed sample on her long johns? Because everything I've read has specifically stated it WAS a mixed sample. Am I reading things incorrectly?
I don't recall having read any source stating whether the sample was mixed or not. I wouldn't be surprised, in the least, if the genetic material collected was that of a 'mixture.' If this is true, we know separation was successful (as is usually the case) because a single, male profile was identified, in two locations on the long johns, as being the major component (in both locations) to any hypothetical mixture.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/feb/18/chief-who-took-over-jonbenet-inquiry-to-retire/

BOULDER, Colo. (AP) - Boulder Police Chief Mark Beckner, who took over the department in the aftermath of the 1996 JonBenet Ramsey slaying, said Tuesday he will retire on April 1.

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_25449026/boulder-search-police-chief-mark-beckner-mold

Boulder to search for police chief in Mark Beckner's mold
03/29/2014

"But as Beckner prepares to leave the department he's led for 16 years, there appears to be little public concern or debate about who will lead the department next. The city has announced an interim chief — Deputy Chief Greg Testa — but no timeline or process for filling the position.
Monday is Beckner's last day on the job."

"However, Beckner said he has discussed the position with a number of people within the department, and Von Keyserling also said the city expects a competitive process.
"We have several qualified internal candidates who are likely to apply," he said.
Boulder City Manager Jane Brautigam said when Testa was named interim chief that the city will go with an internal candidate rather than conduct a national search.
"Boulder has a unique culture of customer service in its police department," Von Keyserling said. "Chief Beckner has worked hard to instill that approach throughout our police department. Part of our preference is to have a Boulder police chief who truly understands the community's values, and we think our best bet will be an internal candidate."

http://www.xbouldercops.org/pictures-ready.htm

This was SWAT in 1997 or 1998. Big difference in 6 years.

Back Row- L to R
Steve Headley, Greg Testa, Rich Denig, Barry Hartkopp,
Mark Beckner, Joe Pelle, Rick French, Greg LeFebre, Ron Gosage
:floorlaugh: The first picture:
This was the Narc Unit in July, 1988 following the seizure of 500 lbs. of marijuana from a motorhome in Boulder. The case eventually led to the indictment of 56 defendants and the forfeiture in millions of dollars in assets. The seized assets were used to fund a variety of PD programs including the Tuition Reimbursement Program and other training related items. The photo was taken in the elevator of the CJC. The bales of marijuana were taken upstairs from the parking garage in small loads.
Today, in Colorado, that would be interfering with private enterprise. :giggle:

:floorlaugh: The first picture:
This was the Narc Unit in July, 1988 following the seizure of 500 lbs. of marijuana from a motorhome in Boulder. The case eventually led to the indictment of 56 defendants and the forfeiture in millions of dollars in assets. The seized assets were used to fund a variety of PD programs including the Tuition Reimbursement Program and other training related items. The photo was taken in the elevator of the CJC. The bales of marijuana were taken upstairs from the parking garage in small loads.
Today, in Colorado, that would be interfering with private enterprise. :giggle:

And they look like the cast of a 70's *advertiser censored*!

Bow chic a wow wow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really is. Why? Because it matches the DNA found in her underwear. The TDNA is right where one would expect someone to touch to assault her. That it matches the DNA sample in her underwear changes the whole ball game.

There are many things about this case that can be argued and debated. DNA is a final answer. This DNA is used to target suspects and exclude. In this case it all excludes the R's.

Bolded mine. I haven't really followed along much with this case lately, but I can't help myself whenever I see someone say that DNA is used to exclude, that is completely false. I've mentioned this in many other threads (full disclosure I used to be LE for a short time before I found it boring and went back in the Army), and I know any police officer worth his salt will tell you the same (it's the very first thing they mention in the police academy and any college level criminal investigation course when forensics is covered)... DNA is only inclusionary and never exclusionary. There are crimes committed every day where absolutely no DNA is left, does that mean no one committed the crime, since everybody would then be excluded? NO. The presence of the DNA only means that if matched that person would also become a suspect. It does not exclude other suspects from being involved in a crime.

Bolded mine. I haven't really followed along much with this case lately, but I can't help myself whenever I see someone say that DNA is used to exclude, that is completely false. I've mentioned this in many other threads (full disclosure I used to be LE for a short time before I found it boring and went back in the Army), and I know any police officer worth his salt will tell you the same (it's the very first thing they mention in the police academy and any college level criminal investigation course when forensics is covered)... DNA is only inclusionary and never exclusionary. There are crimes committed every day where absolutely no DNA is left, does that mean no one committed the crime, since everybody would then be excluded? NO. The presence of the DNA only means that if matched that person would also become a suspect. It does not exclude other suspects from being involved in a crime.

Thanks for the great post. I wish I could post this over in the DNA thread, but I have no idea how using a kindle.

Thanks for the great post. I wish I could post this over in the DNA thread, but I have no idea how using a kindle.

Ha! Get off kindle then :lol:

I'm actually listening to Dr Krane's video "statistical Weights if Mixed DNA Profiles"

Fascinating stuff. Especially, just when considering this case. b/c in the mixed sample in CODIS we know the major contributor is JRB, yet it's still considered mixed. Right now he's discussing how often statistically when a KNOWN 3 person sample is analyzed it can appear to be a 2 person sample depending on how the loci fall out. And that's in a FULL 13 loci sample, which is not what we have in the CODIS sample in this case.

http://youtu.be/wVHo1Pjf210

Next up is "what can go wrong with DNA profiling"

:)

Ha! Get off kindle then :lol:

I'm actually listening to Dr Krane's video "statistical Weights if Mixed DNA Profiles"

Fascinating stuff. Especially, just when considering this case. b/c in the mixed sample in CODIS we know the major contributor is JRB, yet it's still considered mixed. Right now he's discussing how often statistically when a KNOWN 3 person sample is analyzed it can appear to be a 2 person sample depending on how the loci fall out. And that's in a FULL 13 loci sample, which is not what we have in the CODIS sample in this case.

http://youtu.be/wVHo1Pjf210

Next up is "what can go wrong with DNA profiling"

:)

I wish I could, my laptop is broke. :sigh: It's taking a toll on my posting abilities.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back