Boy From the Woods

That was exactly my first thought.

I don't believe a boy of 17 can't remember his name or city from when he was 12. Not unless he is severely mentally impaired.

ETA how odd that he remembers his father's first name but not his own last name. I doubt he called his father by his given name, so if the son forgot that, I might believe it.

That was exactly my first thought.

I don't believe a boy of 17 can't remember his name or city from when he was 12. Not unless he is severely mentally impaired.

ETA how odd that he remembers his father's first name but not his own last name. I doubt he called his father by his given name, so if the son forgot that, I might believe it.

I suppose trauma can cause memory loss or limited memory. I'm hoping it's not a hoax and this boy/teen can finally find his family. He speaks fluent English and very little German so that is a big clue. Maybe from the UK or North America?

I wish they would release a picture!!!!

I'm not buying it. i don't believe he's 17 either, he's probably older

I was looking at the missing children overseas and only one name that is even close to Ryan is listed, he would be 17 right now. The only problem is it states the father abducted him and living in Iran. All other European missing children is a bust. The one I saw look under Belgian I think or netherlands.

I am starting to wonder the reason why they didn't release his photo is maybe because the officials are not buying his story? It sure would help to have more information on this boy especially his picture!

I'm not buying the story either. Seventeen years old and he can't remember his last name??? After five years living in the woods????? Nope, not buying it.

I would say this young man would either be of below average intelligence, or his father never talked to him for 5 years. As someone else stated. How would he know he was 17, or that it had been 5 years?

The saying is, however, that truth is stranger than fiction.:waitasec:

I'm not buying the story either. Seventeen years old and he can't remember his last name??? After five years living in the woods????? Nope, not buying it.

Oh, gosh. Here I go with my fence sitting again! I tend to believe it is more plausible that this is a hoax, BUT........I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt. It is possible that he has been in the woods for longer than he thought....., if the story is true, then he would presumably know the passage of time according to what his father told him.....I know, far-fetched! No matter how horrible people and this world are proven to be on a daily basis, I still want to believe that humans are basically honest and honorable. It gets harder every day to believe the best about humanity, but I am not quite ready to throw in the towel yet.

I think it's very telling that German authorities are giving his story some credibility. However, unless he had a recent haircut since emerging from the woods, I don't buy it. There are some layers to his haircut. I cut my DS's hair at home and I can tell you that it took me awhile to get those layers right. JMHO. Also, his teeth seem very white and straight. It doesn't necessarily mean anything because some folks just have teeth like that anyway, and if he's been living in the forest, then his diet probably didn't contain all the sugars/carbs that promote tooth decay.

Anyway, I'm still on the fence, but those are two things I noticed: haircut and teeth.

I don't think that this can be an actual photograph, it looks more like a computer generated image but that might just be me...

I am so frustrated at the lack of a proper missing persons and UID database accessible to the public, we just don't seem to be trusted with such information.
The US are way ahead of us when it comes to this

Here he is
woodsboy.jpg

IMO - I knew nothing about this case or about Ben Needham, since I've been focused on other missing person cases over the years. However, I think that Ben Needham's mom and sister (in the video at their website) seem to have similar features to the boy in the photo(?) above. I note more angular or "sharp" features, rather than "rounded," especially the the nose. Is there a photo of Ben's bio father anywhere that we can compare?

This is a strange case..I hope we hear who he really is soon!

Was the boy present when his mom was in the accident? I spent about an hour yesterday searching UK obituaries with the name Doreen in them. Add a Ray and a Ryan to it and it goes on forever.

So many things don't add up. Could he lead authorities back to where he buried the father?

Perplexing for sure.

Not sure if this is any help, but interesting all the same. Children returned to the US from Germany. I have to reread, but it appears at least two of the boys have not been recovered.

http://www.kinder-nach-hause.de/english/news.html

I was looking at the missing children overseas and only one name that is even close to Ryan is listed, he would be 17 right now. The only problem is it states the father abducted him and living in Iran. All other European missing children is a bust. The one I saw look under Belgian I think or netherlands.

I am starting to wonder the reason why they didn't release his photo is maybe because the officials are not buying his story? It sure would help to have more information on this boy especially his picture!

Can you provide a link?

Wouldn't it be wonderful if this boy was Ben?

http://www.helpfindben.co.uk/

I know. I'm probably dreaming. :sigh:

I don't know. Seems like a good, possible match. Why not?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back