Boy From the Woods

When they say this boy has a accent it doesnt necessarily mean hes not English. People in the south speak very very different to people in the north..and to a German he could think maybe it wasnt a English accent.

Apparently we all have an accent. We go to Michigan often for little trips and always get the "you're from Canada". I rarely say "eh" so it's not that. :crazy:

Nova, I think you missed my point about the 5 years definition. I will try to clarify. My comment was to go back further in the dates of the missing. We don't know that he went missing at age 12. We do know that he thinks he is 17 and was living in the woods for 5 years. He could have moved into the woods at a much younger age, but his "father" or other care givers told him that years were something other than how we normally define them. They could have been migrating with the seasons, counting each season as a year. Or they could be moving from place to place within Europe staying in one place for two or three years and defining each two or three year period as one year. They could be counting a certain number of full moons to equal one year and not necessarily following the calendar as we know it.

I don't have much knowledge of the BH case, this is the first I had heard of it. But I see some references to "gypsies." Could it be that the tradition of that particular culture define years in some different terms?

Okay, I see your point. Yes, if he was told at the age of 3 that years consisted of 24 moons, then maybe he has been in the woods since he was 7, or maybe he is really 22.

I doubt it, but I see your point. In general, however, and though there are cultures that still use the lunar calendar (Jews, for example, at least for religious purposes), I've never heard of one that counts a year as differently as the scenario you posit.

Maybe someone from the US Embassy should go and listen to this boy speak. They should be able to tell if its an American/Australian/Britsh accent.

I live in a German town in Texas, and by what Ive read, Im sure the boy is NOT German. If he was, he would be able to speak German fluently. And since he only speaks a few words, the countries around Germany need to be looked at.

I agree, in a forest for 5 years...you do expect grunginess. And he knows that he was in the forest for 5 years, heck, I cant remember what the weather was like yesterday. Much less remember and counting the seasons changing.

All they have to do is release this kid's real photo not a computer generated one or have him do a television appeal. I understand he's still a minor in the eyes of the law but this is a very unique case.

I'm sure someone will identify him. Hopefully it won't be law enforcement. lol

Apparently we all have an accent. We go to Michigan often for little trips and always get the "you're from Canada". I rarely say "eh" so it's not that. :crazy:

Canadians don't have an accent. :whoosh:

One thing that kind of sticking out for me too is the part where Ray stated that his dad said English was important language. Most German's wouldn't make a statement like this however an eastern block country would.

With no passport, running away from some political or criminal heat could be explain in all this. Why Ray went to City hall instead for if Ray went to a consulate it would have to be from the Country he came from and that was to be hidden.

If you wanted a new identity, new life, a young man under 20 years of age, homeless or a criminal that is scared and running what story would you make up, what country would buy into that store more then any other country? Yep Germany, kinder friendly more so then any other.

Just throwing this out. Suppose the father (not German) was in the military, married a German girl, went awol. What was going on militarily 5 years ago? A war, right!

Maybe he didn't want to go where they were going to send him. Maybe he was headed home and had a wife back home so he couldn't take his German wife.

The US has a military base in Germany. What other countries do?

This is probably not the case but just thought I'd throw it out there.

No facts here just guessing.

My Canadian husband has been in the US for 30 yrs. He doesn't say, "Eh," but he does have quirks. For example, he still says, "Shedule (no "k" sound).

When they say this boy has a accent it doesnt necessarily mean hes not English. People in the south speak very very different to people in the north..and to a German he could think maybe it wasnt a English accent.

People in New England, especially Massachusetts, have an accent as well as New York, Texas, North Dakota, and Canada.

:floorlaugh:

I have a good friend who is Canadian... but, really, Southerners don't have an accent. Really. It's other people who do.

That's what I said, lol.

Honestly, I would hate to say this boy is telling a tale and then it turn out he was kidnapped by a parent or stranger. It's odd (if true) that a father would keep a child hidden from society for years, which would make me think abuse, yet tell him what to do/where to go if he needed any help.

My Canadian husband has been in the US for 30 yrs. He doesn't say, "Eh," but he does have quirks. For example, he still says, "Shedule (no "k" sound).

That's not Canuck talk. He's just saying schedule wrong. lol

If the boy went into the forest at age 12, he should have clear memories of his life from age 4 or so until now. That is, unless something happened to make him lose his memory. What about education? Can he read, write, do math, and does he know about science or any type of history? Britain, the US, and Australia use different words for certain things and spell some things in different ways. What way does he use? Does he know how to use modern gadgets that teens usually use? What kinds of foods does he prefer? In his earlier years, he might have been used to certain foods that were popular in particular countries. I wish they would tell what he had in his backpack in clothes, personal items, etc. Has he has any dental work done in the past, like fillings? This is certainly a curious mystery.

So we have articles stating he is adjusting very well and others stating he wants to go back to the forest. I think we're SOL for any real info until LE figures out who he is, or until they've exhausted their resources and need the public's help. I tend to believe the person/people from the hostel more at this point though.

Question: I am sure that if you were to walk for two weeks from a forest and head due North towards Berlin, you would hit highways, homes, towns/villages, etc. I am sure he saw other signs of civilization before arriving in Berlin (did he actually go to City Hall himself or was he taken there?!?). Doesn't it seem that he would likely have stopped someone before arriving in Berlin and asked for help/directions/food/shelter - something?

Question: I am sure that if you were to walk for two weeks from a forest and head due North towards Berlin, you would hit highways, homes, towns/villages, etc. I am sure he saw other signs of civilization before arriving in Berlin (did he actually go to City Hall himself or was he taken there?!?). Doesn't it seem that he would likely have stopped someone before arriving in Berlin and asked for help/directions/food/shelter - something?

He had to have been around people at some time or he would have been afraid. I believe if he had lived in the forest they went out of the forest and into towns every so often.

Think of all the things that coud frighten a person who had not been out of a forest for most of his live. Cars, buses, noise, tv's, steros.......etc.

If he has no memory of who he is he wouldn't remember any of this either.

moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grace55
Back