Boy hangs self hours after child abuse investigators visit

I would speak up and attempt to defend CPS in some small way here, BUT apparently this child has been on their radar since he was born!!!

This is one of the scariest things about child abuse to me - a child tells, Social Workers come, parents are in trouble, and Social Worker leaves, leaving the child to face the anger of the parents!

Maybe it should be mandatory the child is taken from the home for a day? To let that anger dispel and to allow for more time to talk to the child? I don't know - it is difficult to be so heavy handed, but it is even more difficult to lose a child.

Why does Social Services give a child back after he has been removed from the home? Maybe we need stricter rules there - if you beat, starve or molest your child and CPS removes them from the home, the child is NEVER returned to that home.

I hope both mom and step-dad are brought up on charges and do time, lots of it.

RIP Jorge - may the angels keep you forever,

Salem

I agree with you ,they should be removed and taken right away to a therapist who specializes in child abuse.Instead they are left to face the very people who are abusing them,it truly is a broken system.My 4 yr old Grandson told about abuse and so did his 7 yr old sis,to many people including the 7 yr olds principle.They told the mom to keep them from boyfriend,she did it for 2 weeks then they all moved back in together.I wrote all news media looking for help also wrote governor ,senators,congressman, who in turn spoke with the head of Dyfs.We all had a meeting and they lied said they never said he had to stay away,I called them liars then finally they did say he was to be kept away till therapy was over.They just started therapy in July this all started in Nov.She got pregnant with the bf baby within 1 month of kids telling.These kids asked for help and they got nothing.I do not know how but somehow I am going to start a group to help save our kids.They are above the prosecutor but like I told them I will keep screaming till their voice is heard.Now at least we are seeing the kids and he has been told what will happen if any more abuse is given.I would gladly go to jail to save my grandson.

Relatives, Neighbors, Teachers and Friends should all know something. If it was me when I saw the CPS there I would have went over there. Abused children are not hard to find. Get Involved.

That is the saddest story I feel I have ever read.

How could an 11 year old boy be so hopeless.

Hits instead of hugs.

shoes instead of tickles.

hangers instead of kisses.

Every day for 11 years. 4000 days with no hugs, kisses, or tickles.

4000 plus days of pain, on his body, in his heart, in his mind.

Telling him how unloved, and how unimportant he was.

Good nothing but to be beat on.

He knew his statement of death would not help him.

He knew he had no hope.

A feeble attempt by his school, by LE, by social worker of the week.

I've had enough. I haven't wanted to wake up for such a long time.

So he does to himself what he has been taught.

How fitting he used his mother's bedroom closest,

where she keeps her hangers, and her shoes.

What a brave, broken, hopeless young man.

A simple thanks was not enough for this excellent post! I cannot imagine a sweet young boy feeling so hopeless, and your post really spoke to my heart in allowing me to realize how he may have felt. Im so heartbroken for this young man, who could have grown up to be something amazing! Even when the monster parents dont kill their babies........they still kill them. ***I'm going now to hug my oldest boy again. He's such a happy, sweet, and compassionate child, and Im so thankful that I get to be his mama.

I agree with you ,they should be removed and taken right away to a therapist who specializes in child abuse.Instead they are left to face the very people who are abusing them,it truly is a broken system.My 4 yr old Grandson told about abuse and so did his 7 yr old sis,to many people including the 7 yr olds principle.They told the mom to keep them from boyfriend,she did it for 2 weeks then they all moved back in together.I wrote all news media looking for help also wrote governor ,senators,congressman, who in turn spoke with the head of Dyfs.We all had a meeting and they lied said they never said he had to stay away,I called them liars then finally they did say he was to be kept away till therapy was over.They just started therapy in July this all started in Nov.She got pregnant with the bf baby within 1 month of kids telling.These kids asked for help and they got nothing.I do not know how but somehow I am going to start a group to help save our kids.They are above the prosecutor but like I told them I will keep screaming till their voice is heard.Now at least we are seeing the kids and he has been told what will happen if any more abuse is given.I would gladly go to jail to save my grandson.

I have similar situation. Myself called social services. They spoke to my grandson's mother but nothing was done. The school has had social services speak to my grandson and his brother. Nothing was done. Social services here in Minn told me the child had to have a visible injury and say the boyfriend caused it before they would do anything. The boyfriend has anger issues, sells/uses drugs, doesn't work. The mother has a baby with him.

I have similar situation. Myself called social services. They spoke to my grandson's mother but nothing was done. The school has had social services speak to my grandson and his brother. Nothing was done. Social services here in Minn told me the child had to have a visible injury and say the boyfriend caused it before they would do anything. The boyfriend has anger issues, sells/uses drugs, doesn't work. The mother has a baby with him.

My heart goes out to you,it is a horrible situation to be in.It seems the same in all the states no one protects the kids,just the abusers.:banghead::furious:

This literally makes my heart hurt. My Granddaughter is 11 years old. To even try to imagine her being so hopeless as to take her own life......... I just can't even go there.

I can't imagine the despair he had to be feeling, no one to turn to, no body to help.

I seriously have to consider not coming here any longer. I don't know how many more tragedies like this one I can really handle.

I want to believe that even though I was brought up with the belief that if you take your own life you will not be welcomed into heaven, that the little lost souls like this one have their own special spot up there. If he could not find comfort in life, I want to know he has found some now.......

My tears are for you, little man. RIP

That is the saddest story I feel I have ever read.

How could an 11 year old boy be so hopeless.

Hits instead of hugs.

shoes instead of tickles.

hangers instead of kisses.

Every day for 11 years. 4000 days with no hugs, kisses, or tickles.

4000 plus days of pain, on his body, in his heart, in his mind.

Telling him how unloved, and how unimportant he was.

Good nothing but to be beat on.

He knew his statement of death would not help him.

He knew he had no hope.

A feeble attempt by his school, by LE, by social worker of the week.

I've had enough. I haven't wanted to wake up for such a long time.

So he does to himself what he has been taught.

How fitting he used his mother's bedroom closest,

where she keeps her hangers, and her shoes.

What a brave, broken, hopeless young man.

This post just did me in. It says everything I was thinking - and then some.

I am so very sorry you endured so much pain in your short life, little guy. I am so very sorry the adults that were supposed to protect you caused you harm...and the others didn't do their "jobs." :( :(

When will this end? Who is protecting our children?? :furious:

As soon as S.S got that call from the school they should of had his file ready to go. The call came into an office where A person is at a computer. The field agent or what ever should be required to pick up a file and ALL case information on calls relating to anything they recieve a complaint on . This is common sence. They arent even pretending to do the dam job correctly are they?

This is wrong. This poor boy was left with his abusers after the stepfather and mother were confronted by police and a social worker. The whole story is in this article. This mother had been on the CPS radar since Jorge was born. He had been reunited after 15 months in foster care to an apt. with his abusers. Disgusting and Pathetic.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-child-death-20100725,0,939247.story?track=rss

CPS always has some excuse when something like this happens-"we weren't aware", "not enough wireless cards" "we are understaffed", etc etc etc. I am sick of it. How can they call themselves CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES? Maybe this should be something that should be PRIVITIZED and taken from the governments hands, since their job is woefully inadequate and often results in the death of innocent children who have nobody to protect them.

How terrified must this kid have been of his parents (the father in particular) if his only way out was to hang himself? This case makes me sick.

Please never stop fighting for him.

So many people who want children and can't have them, with tons of love to give a child. I wish there was a way to remove a child from abusive homes and place them with parents who will love them and treat them the way children are supposed to be treated, somehow circumvent the foster system when possible, and NOT give these abusive parents a chance to "redeem themselves", "take classes" and get their kids back. Mothers who allow BF's and husbands abuse their children don't deserve to have children if they don't love them enough to protect them. JMO. No amount of parenting classes will help parents who thought abuse and neglect was acceptable in the first place. Especially when the classes are mandated and not voluntary.

Just because someone CAN have children doesn't mean they SHOULD have children. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back