'Boy Interrupted' Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
=freespeech;8299837]BBM

Below is an excerpt taken from the "Boy Interrupted" article and is apparently Dina's own version of events.

"...Dina was fighting off the last remnants of bronchial infection on the morning of Monday, July 11, and had turned off her cell phone to ensure a good night’s sleep. A string of alarming text messages greeted her when she powered up her phone that morning.
Her blood ran cold as her eyes ingested ominous words like “fall,” “ambulance” and “hospital.”
The land-line phone rang, and she bounded down the stairs to answer it. Jonah was on the line, telling her a police car was on its way to take her to the hospital...."

Does any one think it's odd that Dina was not able to get to the hospital until 2p.m. That's approximately 4 hours after Max's accident. If she was fighting the "last remnants" of bronchitis then she was essentially almost over it as opposed to being in the throes of it. So why on earth would she turn off her cell phone. Besides ANY parent of a young child who was away from them would ALWAYS be reachable in case on an accident, no?

Also, if she powered up her phone that morning and saw the messages then why didn't she get over to the hospital right away? Why didn't her boyfriend drive her there?

I don't understand why she wouldn't call Jonah at the word AMBULANCE!
I also don't understand why Jonah didn't call her land line sooner.

Here is a rough draft timeline. Feel free to add corrections additions or whatever.

7/11/11

12mn-10am ? Dina at home with her boyfriend, sleeping off a cold. She turned off her cell phone but the land line ringer was on. Jonah at home with his three kids and Rebecca and her sister. Jonah takes the two older kids to the airport and goes to the gym. No times or flight verification.

10am-2pm ?Dina powered on cell phone in the morning and read about Max's accident. Didn't call Jonah. Waited until she received a call on the land line from Jonah who was crying and had arranged for a police car to take her to the hospital. Jonah goes to the hospital but we don't know the time. Rebecca sends her sister home/shops and later picks up Dr. Luber and takes him to the hospital.

2pm-11:59pm ?Dina and Jonah are together in ICU at Max's bedside with Dr. Luber.
Jonah leaves (with Dr. Luber?) during this time to go home to shower and get some clothes.

7/12/11

12mn-1:55am ?
Jonah leaves with Dr. Luber to get rest. The RMH is full so they go to a hotel rather than going to Jonah's home.

He went home to get a shower and clothes... only to return and head to RMH but end up in a hotel? Why not rest when he was already at home? His house was 12 miles away wasn't it? Why would Dr Luber be planning on staying at RMH and not his own hotel??
1:55am-8am ? Dina is in ICU alone with Max.

8am-6 pm ? Jonah exchanges places with Dina. Dina goes home to rest while Jonah stays in ICU. Rebecca picks up Nina and Adam and drops off Dr. Luber on three separate airport runs and boards the dog.

6pm-7:30 pm ? Jonah leaves Max alone from 6pm til about 7:30pm while he goes out to dinner with Rebecca and Adam.

7:30pm-8pm ? Jonah returns with Adam to ICU while Rebecca gets the car. Dina shows up at the ICU at 8pm with Nina. Rebecca and Adam return to the house alone together.
Nina leaves Dina and Jonah alone in the ICU and take Jonah's car back to Dina's house. Dina's car remains at Rady
So Nina went with Dina long enough to get Jonah's car and return to Dina's?
9pm-12mn ? Nina text Rebecca from Dina's house then goes over to house to question Rebecca.
A witness sees Dina not Nina on the property
Dina is placed at the house while Nina is texting RZ from Dina's?

12mn-1am ? Another witness hears loud music coming from the house.

1am-7am Jonah is captured on video tape entering the RMH. Adam texts Jonah that Rebecca hung herself. Jonah calls Dina to tell her the same even though they are both at the hospital.
A TEXT to say RZ hung herself? Then Jonah calls Dina who is with him in the ICU?
In the article Dina stated,"...So I asked Nina to go talk to Rebecca. Beg her on your hands and knees, if you have to. Ask her if there’s anything, anything, that might help Max. Some detail or something she left out [of the police report].”
Rebecca was open and available to the family for everything she wasn't hiding info
http://www.phoenixmag.com/lifestyle/valley-news/201208/boy--interrupted-full-version/3/

There were some interesting comments by posters on another site who basically asked why Dina didn't ask Rebecca to come to the hospital to speak directly to the doctors. Now when I really think about this all I can think is that something was terribly wrong here from the onset.
Had doctor's wanted answers they would have gotten them! I really don't think Dr's needed RZ's input...
Rebecca and her sister were questioned by and gave statements to the Coronado police Department regarding Max's accident. Rebecca was apparently available and helpful as evidenced by her willingness to pick-up Nina and Adam from the airport. So Rebecca did not appear to be hiding from the police or family members. She did not run away and leave town or hide in the mansion so why didn't Dina directly ask Rebecca and her sister to come to the hospital and tell the doctors what they knew?

Dina's above statement sounded untrue. Why would she ask her sister to go over to Rebecca late at night and beg for answers? She could have simply arranged a conference with the doctors and asked Jonah to bring Rebecca. <modsnip>

A quote from the BI article:

Dina stated, “Then detectives started propagating the scooter theory. He was not a daredevil. He was just not that kind of boy.”
So is she saying there is no way my child had an accident?
Imo, Max was all boy. Dogs, razor scooters, balls, playing soccer with older boys. Most boys are rough and tumble as dictated by their hormones/testosterone. They are very different from most girl children in that way.

It is possible that Max was doing something crazy like planking with the older kids. I can totally see a kid like him doing something like that to get a laugh or their approval especially if the supervising adult had gone to the bathroom for 10 minutes.

If the older children had a problem with Rebecca they could have "egged on", Max, teaching him to break the rules and disrespect Rebecca like they did. Kids are like that. They do stupid things and act out. They're kids not perfect little robots. Dina's comment sounds very unrealistic to me.
Unrealistic is the word! ALL 6 yr olds do things they shouldn't.
I wanted to comment on several points discussed here. Mods....if this is not the correct thread, please move and accept my apology.

I wanted to point it is not just the interviews and articles which seem to have the sole purpose of bashing Rebecca. The premise of the Dina's charitable foundation, Maxie's House, is her son's death was caused by Rebecca. The danger of the "blended" family....

I don't understand what information/knowledge Rebecca would posses which could assist doctor's in caring for Max. Nina may have been dispatched to "get answers" but I doubt it was because they thought the information would help the Doctors.
Dina knew about the &#9829; murmur yet hadn't had it checked out! She goes on and on about &#9829; attack and it MUST be murder?
Finally, I know all families are different. However, when I was in ICU after an accident, my parents were never gone longer than to shower and eat. I doubt they ever spent more than 3 or 4 hours away.

When my husband's son was in ICU, neither my husband or his ex-wife spent more than 3 or 4 hours away from the hospital.

I think it is odd Rebecca did not spend time at the ICU, including being included in discussions with the Doctor's. When my husband's son was in ICU, I coordinated travel arrangements, airport pickups, and other logistics but I spent the rest of the time at the hospital with the family.
I find it odd too... I tend to think she was not welcome there.I believe she would have been there if able.
btw...I call him my husband now but we are not married. We have been together since 1989.

edited in an attempt to correct bad grammar.......

I apologize if this has already been addressed. I find it very odd that there are conflicting MSM references about why NR went to the mansion. NR has stated that it was her idea to go there, because she just "didn't get it" and needed answers. DS states that she begged her sister to go there. Which is it? Either it was NR's idea or DS's idea. Whose idea was it? Why the difference in public statements? This makes it even more confusing when there is an eye witness stating they saw DS at the mansion that night. The difference between a dark haired and fair haired woman, even in the dark is pretty evident...IMO

http://www.cbs8.com/story/15982091/exclusive-max-shacknais-aunt-talks-about-coronado-mansion-deaths
<snip>
Romano said she returned to her sister Dina's house on G Avenue in Coronado – less than a half mile from the Spreckels mansion – around 9:30 p.m. and she still didn't have the answers she was looking for. She decided to send Rebecca a text message.
"I was at my sister's house and I texted from my sister's kitchen. It was 9:41 p.m. and I have my phone
recordshttp://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kfmb/misc/nina_bill.pdf. I waited until 9:55 p.m. and I got no answer," Romano said.
<snip>
"I kept saying to myself, ‘I don't get it.' I thought I'm just going to go ask Rebecca, can you please show me where you found him? Show me how you found him. I just wanted to see. Show me where he was positioned. I just wanted to see for myself," Romano said. "That's why I went there. I just wanted her to show me how she found him because I didn't understand."
Where was RZ? She was home on the phone with her sister soon after that wasn't she?
http://www.phoenixmag.com/lifestyle/valley-news/201208/boy--interrupted-full-version/2/
<snip>
Max’s physicians were still looking for clues to explain his cardiac arrest. “I felt like my life was collapsing like a card table,” Dina says. “The doctors said, ‘If you have any information, that would be helpful.’ So I asked Nina to go talk to Rebecca. Beg her on your hands and knees, if you have to. Ask her if there’s anything, anything, that might help Max. Some detail or something she left out [of the police report].”

Always, MOO
I think she forgot to tell LE that Max had an undiagnosed &#9829; condition/murmur... (if she even knew about it!)
I am not blaming DS or RZ!!!
IMO DS protesteth too much... I mean there is either a great lack of concern over a situation or monumental concern, DS wants info but sends a 3rd party to get it for her OWN SON? DS is at no time "responsible" phone off, RZ won't talk cardiac follow up not done ...:banghead:
I just do not get her!

All just my thoughts and moo...

I thought this older article was interesting -

Rebecca Zahau Did Not Get On With Boyfriend&#8217;s Ex-Wife, Says Sister

Sept 8, 2011

"Becky was extremely close with Max. They loved each other very, very much. Dina was jealous of that relationship between her son, and Becky,&#8221; Mary Zahau tells RadarOnline.com exclusively. &#8220;Max would spend so much time with Becky and then go home and tell Dina how much he loved Becky. If there was a school function or Max had a soccer game, Dina would sometimes demand that Becky not be there,"

Dina Shacknai demanded a meeting with Rebecca when she began dating Jonah. "Dina wanted to know who was going to be around her son. Becky agreed to meet her. It wasn't the greatest meeting but Becky got through it. Dina and Becky never got into any verbal or physical fights but there was definite tension," Mary says.

&#8220;While Rebecca and Max shared a very close relationship, Max absolutely loved and adored his mother, Dina, and the two relationships simply cannot be compared. Dina was Max's mom, and certainly that was the strongest bond Max had with any woman," a source close to the Shacknai family states.

...Rebecca spent so much time with Max, she would drive him from school to soccer practice all the time. It just doesn't make sense," Mary states.
I'm not sure why the second paragraph is in this article. It seems somewhat defensive and my bet is that they interviewed Nina who made that statement. The person does say that Max and Rebecca shared a close relationship.

I don't remember if this was interview was discussed here. Here is an interview with the author Craig Outhier discussing the article on radio show Eva 95.5. He mentions Dina and his wife attended grad school together. He and his wife also attended the memorial for Max in April, 2012.

http://youtu.be/xpd5f6AAVns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member