Brad Cooper April 1st Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only part of I don't buy of this theory with NC is she didn't appear to have the ability to keep quiet. She told EVERYBODY her business. And from everything we have heard, she was never in fear of her life. The only thing I can think is perhaps her father will have more information if/when he testifies. She would have had to tell someone in her family so they could wire her money. Remember on vacation, her mom testified NC was in tears because she couldn't buy the bottle of wine for them. She had no $ at all. She would not have been able to even put a deposit down w/out interference from her parents.

On another note, is the jail visitor log a public record? I'm curious who has been visiting BC.

I agree with you. She had plenty of opportunity to tell JA (Friday afternoon) or HP (at the pool) or DD (at the party) that she was looking for an apartment/house/etc but none of them have testified to this. I find it hard to believe something as substantial as actually moving out (or wanting to move out) would at least have been brought up to one of them. It was brought up a few posts back that perhaps she sent the email while in an 'angry' moment which sounds more believable.

A couple of people early on said Nancy was barracading the door of her bedroom when she went to bed at night. This seems odd to me when most of the tesimony states she was not afraid of Brad.

I got the impression that she was doing that to keep Brad out of her stuff, not that she was afraid of him.

Or, she was willing to stick it out for the girls, so they wouldn't be torn between two parents.

Taking an STD test after you found out your spouse was unfaithful can just as easily mean you're not sure if he cheated way before the last time the two of you were together.

Sure, I can see that. Not wanting the girls to be without their father. If she hadn't slept with him for that long of a period of time (2 years) I would think something like an STD would of came up in a previous physical/doctor visit.

Is it possible to have an STD that long and not know about it?

Okay, so I guess minors don't need passports but could need a letter if traveling with one parent. I have friends in upstate NY who travel to Canada w/their kids often and don't need a passport and never mentioned a letter but maybe they've never been asked.

Everyone, since early 2009, needs a passport to travel into Canada and also into the US from Canada. Before that, one could cross with valid ID (like a DL) but I find it very surprising that your friend has never been asked to show a letter or produce a passport.

ZOMG LAX BORDER SECURITY!11 :)

I got the impression that she was doing that to keep Brad out of her stuff, not that she was afraid of him.

I don't think she was ever 'afraid' of him. I don't think she ever feared for her children either. The guy (from what we've heard so far) seemed so passive she probably thought she could kick his a$$ if she wanted to.

A couple of people early on said Nancy was barracading the door of her bedroom when she went to bed at night. This seems odd to me when most of the tesimony states she was not afraid of Brad.

I take that with a grain of salt. NC was prone to exaggeration, so I don't really believe this. However, if it were true, I'd be more inclined to believe she was protecting her "stuff" (cell phone and car keys) rather than herself.

NC was a good mom. I firmly believe if she thought BC was prone to physical violence she would have left immediately (even to a friend's house) with the kids. She wasn't your typical domestic violence victim (if she even was one) - she had friends, lots of them, and she talked about her crappy life to everyone. I don't see her as a cowered, living in fear type of person. She seems to have had a strong (positive) personality. I don't mean this at all as a criticism against DV victims, but often you hear they felt they had nowhere to go or the ability to leave. NC seems like she did (and it doesn't seem like she was a DV victim, thru everything I've heard/read).

The only part of I don't buy of this theory with NC is she didn't appear to have the ability to keep quiet. She told EVERYBODY her business. And from everything we have heard, she was never in fear of her life. The only thing I can think is perhaps her father will have more information if/when he testifies. She would have had to tell someone in her family so they could wire her money. Remember on vacation, her mom testified NC was in tears because she couldn't buy the bottle of wine for them. She had no $ at all. She would not have been able to even put a deposit down w/out interference from her parents.

On another note, is the jail visitor log a public record? I'm curious who has been visiting BC.

She actually didn't tell everybody her actual business. She told specific things to a LOT of people.

Good morning. Did anybody miss me? My mother has been in the ICU and we've had a death in the family.

I was over two weeks behind in the trial, and have been trying to catch up for the past week. I am now about a week and a half behind. I just listened to testimony from Macy, the fiber expert (day 10, 3/23). I think I'm going to start listening to the live feed today and catch up as I am able. If anyone has recommendations for testimony I should definitely not miss, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Good morning. Did anybody miss me? My mother has been in the ICU and we've had a death in the family.

I was over two weeks behind in the trial, and have been trying to catch up for the past week. I am now about a week and a half behind. I just listened to testimony from Macy, the fiber expert (day 10, 3/23). I think I'm going to start listening to the live feed today and catch up as I am able. If anyone has recommendations for testimony I should definitely not miss, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Welcome back Skittles. You've had your plate full, haven't you? I hope things are settling down for you.

I agree with you. She had plenty of opportunity to tell JA (Friday afternoon) or HP (at the pool) or DD (at the party) that she was looking for an apartment/house/etc but none of them have testified to this. I find it hard to believe something as substantial as actually moving out (or wanting to move out) would at least have been brought up to one of them. It was brought up a few posts back that perhaps she sent the email while in an 'angry' moment which sounds more believable.

I'm pretty sure the RE agent said she left him a voice mail message, because he said it sounded urgent and I think I remember him saying it was a voice message. Maybe he is the one who is not being entirely truthful here.

I'm sorry for your loss. I hope your mother will be okay...I'm sure that is stressful.

I'm pretty sure the RE agent said she left him a voice mail message, because he said it sounded urgent and I think I remember him saying it was a voice message. Maybe he is the one who is not being entirely truthful here.

So he makes up a call from her? And then under the threat of perjury he lies on the stand in a highly publicized trial? Seems unlikely.

Skittles, welcome back. I'm sorry you've had to go through all that. Sending good thoughts your way.

Everyone, since early 2009, needs a passport to travel into Canada and also into the US from Canada. Before that, one could cross with valid ID (like a DL) but I find it very surprising that your friend has never been asked to show a letter or produce a passport.

ZOMG LAX BORDER SECURITY!11 :)

She has to have a passport but not her kids. She doesn't travel by air, so maybe that's the difference.

So he makes up a call from her? And then under the threat of perjury he lies on the stand in a highly publicized trial? Seems unlikely.

I'm not saying that, just trying to figure out why the story isn't making sense. If she was focused on unpacking and organizing things in her home, why did she leave the message that she needed to find a new place ASAP, and how odd that she didn't mention it to anyone else, even at the party and especially to JA. I'm very puzzled by this.

She has to have a passport but not her kids. She doesn't travel by air, so maybe that's the difference.

I find this hard to believe. As I said, one parent traveling with her child (she had primary custody) needed a notarized letter from her former spouse granting permission for her to take their son across the border. We were all traveling by car from Seattle. This was in 1995. If anything, the rules have become more restrictive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels