Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winds starting to pick up steady now in Lafayette, strong from the north with strong gusts. Still out in the yard in a raincoat stowing stuff. Lost a lot of time this morning because my friend went to the RNC convention & forgot to ready the generator for his wife and got stranded in Tampa. Generator wouldn't run this morning - 2-year-old gas plugged up the carb - had to take it back to my place to rebuild the carb to get it running for her.

Already lost a 5'x8' section of siding off the NW corner of the house - I forgot we hadn't nailed down the end because we didn't have the correct corner cap to repair it after the Nov. fire. Wind ripped it right off. Dang. This storm's going to be kind of hairy because there's so much construction mat'l stacked around the yard - metal roofing - siding, etc. Nothing I can do about it. Stuff's going to fly. Trees/vines/barbed wire hopefully thick enough between my place and the nearest neighbor's (100 feet away) that it'll catch airborne missiles. About to go out on the ladder and nail plywood over the end windows. Should have done it yesterday. Worried about the large dead cypress and large dead oak from the fire.... when the back side of the storm hits and the wind shifts to the south, that's when I'll see if they stand or fall. If they fall, they fall toward the house.

Ugh.

Winds starting to pick up steady now in Lafayette, strong from the north with strong gusts. Still out in the yard in a raincoat stowing stuff. Lost a lot of time this morning because my friend went to the RNC convention & forgot to ready the generator for his wife. Wouldn't run this morning - 2-year-old gas plugged up the carb - had to take it back to my place to rebuild the carb to get it running for her.

Already lost a 5'x8' section of siding off the NW corner of the house - I forgot we hadn't nailed down the end because we didn't have the correct corner cap to repair it after the Nov. fire. Dang. This storm's going to be kind of hairy because there's so much construction mat'l stacked around the yard - metal roofing - siding, etc. Nothing I can do about it. Stuff's going to fly. Trees/vines/barbed wire hopefully thick enough between my place and the nearest neighbor's that it'll catch airborne missiles. About to go out on the ladder and nail plywood over the end windows. Should have done it yesterday. Worried about the large dead cypress and large dead oak from the fire.... when the back side of the storm hits and the wind shifts to the south, that's when I'll see if they stand or fall. If they fall, they fall toward the house.

Ugh.

Thanks for the update. Please be safe up there on that ladder, and I hope Isaac doesn't do too much damage. Take care!

Winds starting to pick up steady now in Lafayette, strong from the north with strong gusts. Still out in the yard in a raincoat stowing stuff. Lost a lot of time this morning because my friend went to the RNC convention & forgot to ready the generator for his wife and got stranded in Tampa. Generator wouldn't run this morning - 2-year-old gas plugged up the carb - had to take it back to my place to rebuild the carb to get it running for her.

Already lost a 5'x8' section of siding off the NW corner of the house - I forgot we hadn't nailed down the end because we didn't have the correct corner cap to repair it after the Nov. fire. Wind ripped it right off. Dang. This storm's going to be kind of hairy because there's so much construction mat'l stacked around the yard - metal roofing - siding, etc. Nothing I can do about it. Stuff's going to fly. Trees/vines/barbed wire hopefully thick enough between my place and the nearest neighbor's (100 feet away) that it'll catch airborne missiles. About to go out on the ladder and nail plywood over the end windows. Should have done it yesterday. Worried about the large dead cypress and large dead oak from the fire.... when the back side of the storm hits and the wind shifts to the south, that's when I'll see if they stand or fall. If they fall, they fall toward the house.

Ugh.
I must be pretty close to you and the wind gusts are pretty strong. Please be careful on a ladder:please::please:

Many in New Orleans are without power so he may be awhile before we here from them.

Isaac has been downgraded to a tropical storm. While it still has 70 miles an hour winds and is still bringing with it lots of rain. Its a bit windy and some rain in Acadiana however we have power and Isaac hasn't reached us yet.

I probably look like a newbie here but I've been here since Mighty Mic went missing.
Mescheresamis

CNN is reporting 750,00 homes without power with estimates over 1, 000, 000 before rains/winds subside.

"Fare Thee Well"

Fare thee well my bright star
I watched your taillights blaze into nothingness
but you were long gone before I ever got to you before you blazed past this address
and now I think of having loved and having lost you never know what it's like to never love
who can say what's better and my heart's become the cost
a mere token of a brighter jewel sent from above

fare thee well my bright star
the vanity of youth the color of your eyes
maybe if I'd fanned the blazing fire of your day to day
or if I'd been older I'd been wise
too thick the heat of those long summer evenings
for a cool evening I began to yearn
but you could only feed upon the things which feed a fire
waiting to see if I would burn

fare thee well my bright star
it was a brief brilliant miracle dive
that which I looked up to and I clung to for dear life
had to burn itself up just to make itself alive
I caught you then in your moment of glory
your last dramatic scene against a night sky stage
with a memory so clear it's as if you're still before me
my once in a lifetime star of an age

so fare thee well my bright star
last night the tongues of fire circled me around
this strange season of pain will come to pass
when the healing hands of autumn cool me down

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUgwM1Ky228"]Indigo Girls - Closer To Fine - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for all of the warm wishes and concern! It's eerie quiet here in Laffy at the moment. The wind gusts were pretty intense since 4pm but then now it's been kind of quiet. I believe Isaac should be passing in between Baton Rouge and Lafayette in an hour or so. In between would be Whiskey Bay actually. Since Laffy is on the West, we won't get as much rain or wind as our easterners so many prayers and blessings to them! I work in the medical field so I didn't get off until 2pm today and have to return at 10am tomorrow. I'm thinking the worst of the storm should be out of here by midnight for sure. The weather reports all say something different so I'm a bit confused and may not have reported accurately. At any rate, thanks again!

Folks, don't know about y'all but the sealing of the documents by the Judge in the Brandon S. Lavergne investigation concerns me. It concerns me very much. Documents are seldom sealed
Many times the silence speaks much louder than words ever could. The twisted road that we are going down on this dark journey will have many highs and many lows.
A GPS will be of no avail.. The truth is somewhere in the distance..but this road, just goes, and goes..
The unknown victims will be our guide & direct us to the light, if we will only listen..

Romans 13:12 The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbAZPHtDIY0"]Shovelman - Moonshine Music Video - YouTube[/ame]

Shovelman is a junkyard beatnik, a shovel guitar wielding surrealist folk superhero. Armed with a collection of pawnshop effects pedals and an old barn-shovel turned slide-guitar, Shovelman plays ol' fashioned folktronica-grooves looped straight out of the ground. The sounds of Mississippi delta blues from the electro-psychedelic future, collide with the antiquated rubble of lyrical one-man-band hoboetry. Shovelman has become infamous on the west coast festival circuit (Lightning in a Bottle, Health and Harmony, Earthdance and The Oregon Country Fair) opening for bands that include Primus, Beats Antique and the Yard Dogs Road Show.

"Shovelman has forged a perfect merger of the past and the present with his bluesy 'folktronic' sound." - LA Weekly

Ditto on the prayers, and the worry for everyone! I will be anxiously waiting their return... Looking forward to hearing from them, and that everyone's okay... Hopefully they will start trickling in soon!!!

:nerves: Ditto, and ditto again, on the prayers for all our dear sleuthers suffering through Issac.:praying:

Folks, don't know about y'all but the sealing of the documents by the Judge in the Brandon S. Lavergne investigation concerns me. It concerns me very much. Documents are seldom sealed
Many times the silence speaks much louder than words ever could. The twisted road that we are going down on this dark journey will have many highs and many lows.
A GPS will be of no avail.. The truth is somewhere in the distance..but this road, just goes, and goes..
The unknown victims will be our guide & direct us to the light, if we will only listen..

Agree........

Ok. I am going to get slammed for what I'm about to ponder out loud. But if there is any online forum that I would EVER post what I'm about to, it's here --because you all are pretty calm and collected and know how to "toss ideas around" without freaking out. So I'm just tossing this out there. PLEASE understand that this is not my opinion, but something I've wondered about ever since I've been a mother. Do you think that putting children in daycares from infancy then into school then after school care etc etc could be psychologically damaging SOME of them. I KNOW that some people have no choice. I'm just wondering because I have a couple of friends that put their babies in at 7am and don't get them until 6pm. That's a LONG time to be away from their mothers 5 days a week. Their older school aged children go to before care at school, then school, then are bused to an aftercare at a daycare. In nature, with most mammals, it is not normal for babies to be away from their mothers for such long periods of time. Again, I am NOT judging. I'm just wondering if this could be negatively affecting the psychological development of SOME of these children that are away from their mothers.

Personally, I am a ninny and am on the other end of the spectrum and rarely leave my babies until they are fully weaned around 2 years old, and trust me, I get lots of snickering from friends and family about that. Thus, I try my hardest not to judge other mothers and their breastfeeding, daycare, etc decisions.

So, I'm not judging,. I'm just looking at what is natural for a mammal, and wondering about extended long term daycare.

I don't believe so. Actually I've found the opposite. Those that I know that have went to preschool and after school care get along with others better, are more well-rounded etc. Those always with their moms have a harder time getting out into the world, college is harder, harder time coping with life in general. JMO. but there are so many other factors. I think what is more important is how their family treats them when they do have time together.

Catching up from my 2 week long exam week, so sorry if this has been discussed at length, just thought i'd give my 2 cents.

Thanks for all of the warm wishes and concern! It's eerie quiet here in Laffy at the moment. The wind gusts were pretty intense since 4pm but then now it's been kind of quiet. I believe Isaac should be passing in between Baton Rouge and Lafayette in an hour or so. In between would be Whiskey Bay actually. Since Laffy is on the West, we won't get as much rain or wind as our easterners so many prayers and blessings to them! I work in the medical field so I didn't get off until 2pm today and have to return at 10am tomorrow. I'm thinking the worst of the storm should be out of here by midnight for sure. The weather reports all say something different so I'm a bit confused and may not have reported accurately. At any rate, thanks again!

Actually, sorry to say, the eye hasn't even gotten to us yet. Yes, it may turn before it gets here. The east side of the storm is ferocious, but we're going to get a good taste of the west side for sure. Gonna blast us bad here in Laffy sometime after midnight. Isaac's going to whale on us all night and into tomorrow. Just in case Isaac changes course and passes over Lafayette, and we get some of the east side, make sure you don't sleep in a bedroom near a tall tree that's to the south of the room. The hardest winds will be from the south in that case. A lady down the road died during Gustav in '08 when a big tree crushed her bedroom to the ground. I'll be sleeping in the north bedroom tonight. Winds from the north and west won't be as bad if we get the west side of the storm. Safest sleeping place in the house is on the east side, in either case.

Good luck, Isaac has only just begun to affect Lafayette.

Thank you everyone for your good wishes and prayers. We all really appreciate it. :tyou:

prayers to all your Cajuns in the path of the storm!!! Thanks for checking in and letting us know you're doing alright so far!

Some of y'all

and you know who you are

better get in your flippin house with a cold beer and a book

Thinking of you all from PA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually, sorry to say, the eye hasn't even gotten to us yet. Yes, it may turn before it gets here. The east side of the storm is ferocious, but we're going to get a good taste of the west side for sure. Gonna blast us bad here in Laffy sometime after midnight. Isaac's going to whale on us all night and into tomorrow. Just in case Isaac changes course and passes over Lafayette, and we get some of the east side, make sure you don't sleep in a bedroom near a tall tree that's to the south of the room. The hardest winds will be from the south in that case. A lady down the road died during Gustav in '08 when a big tree crushed her bedroom to the ground. I'll be sleeping in the north bedroom tonight. Winds from the north and west won't be as bad if we get the west side of the storm. Safest sleeping place in the house is on the east side, in either case.

Good luck, Isaac has only just begun to affect Lafayette.

Thank you everyone for your good wishes and prayers. We all really appreciate it. :tyou:

Just dropped in to check on everyone and to let you all know that I am sending prayers your way! We are here on the east side. The Mississippi gulf coast has again be inundated with water and there have been a few tornadoes. Right now, it's raining Persians and chihuahua's and the wind is blowing pretty fiercely. My husband the lineman isn't home yet so I am waiting up for him. My love and prayers to all of you. Stay safe and God bless.

For all my newfound friends in the Gulf Coast area...I know that the past three months have been heartwrenching for all of you. I have watched you turn out in throngs to search for a young woman whom most of you never even knew. I have watched you leave no stone unturned here, looking for answers that would bring her home and hold the one responsible accountable. I have seen and shared your tears when she was found. And now I watch the news and see the wrath of Isaac that is affecting so many of you, and your loved ones, right now. As I, and so many other "non-locals" here, have drawn strength from you all over these months, I hope that you can feel the prayers and love we are sending your way tonight. If you need a friend, we are sailing right behind....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjNgn4r6SOA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjNgn4r6SOA[/ame]

Another non-local, reading the weather reports and looking at pics of Isaac's wrath...praying for everyone in the path of the storm! (Well, except for a certain someone at Angola, but not even sure the storm will hit there. Hiss!)

Stay strong and safe, Cajun Websleuth family!

Getting ready to hit the bed and of course my last thoughts before I do is hoping we hear from all our southern friends that they are safe and sound and then sit back and listen to the stories.

Good morning! How are you all holding up? I hope everyone made it through the night safe and sound! Please update when you can! Thinking of you all!

I live in the Broussard area and everything appears to be fine this morning. I am currently at work in New Iberia (well not working as you can tell LOL) but it just raining a bit here. There was a tree uprooted in Lafayette and someones mobile home appeared to be destroyed (via KATC's facebook). I was told in other area's there are poles down and more tree's. My mothers house in Coteau had no damage and had power the whole time. My home in Broussard has no damage and had power (atleast I was told) the majority of the storm. Near my job they have no power in New Iberia (of course we do bleh!). Traffic lights are out here and that's about the only assessment I can make this morning. The storm hit Plaquesmines Parish hard and New Orleans. The weird part about the storm is a lake near Delcambre, LA was completely void of water and the Delcambre Canal was also depleted. The storm basically removed water from these bodies of water. I have never seen anything like it. Hopefully other local members can chime in but I think most should be fine.

I live close to Iberia parish, at the Lafayette parish line. The winds have been tropical storm force since yesterday(30-40 sustained) but are starting to subside now. Minimal damage for us on the west side. The east side not so lucky. My mom lives in st Bernard parish, and I haven't heard from her in over 24 hours. She texted me Tuesday night and said the winds were gusting to 100 mph! Her brick house was shaking! Im praying for her and everyone else on the east side. If you need us, the Cajun flotilla will come to the rescue !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member