Brandon Scott Lavergne - New Evidence Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't take for granted that some of the women didn't try to report him.
There may have been no physical evidence, etc. to support their claims and it was a he said/she said case. What would LE tell someone who reports someone who tries to touch a woman's breast butis fought off?

Please also don't underestimate that these women were scared as heck of BSL. They probably feared for their lives - knowing that reporting it would anger him and he probably wouldn't go to jail at all, it would have been a dangerous situation for them to be in.

I agree these women should have reported these incidents but the problem is really that most of them probably felt unsafe about the consequences of reporting them vs. how long BSL would be jailed before he could retaliate, which seems to be a problem of our justice system. I wish one of these women would have had a concealed weapon on her when attacked, though...

Please don't take for granted that some of the women didn't try to report him.
There may have been no physical evidence, etc. to support their claims and it was a he said/she said case. What would LE tell someone who reports someone who tries to touch a woman's breast butis fought off?

Please also don't underestimate that these women were scared as heck of BSL. They probably feared for their lives - knowing that reporting it would anger him and he probably wouldn't go to jail at all, it would have been a dangerous situation for them to be in.

I agree these women should have reported these incidents but the problem is really that most of them probably felt unsafe about the consequences of reporting them vs. how long BSL would be jailed before he could retaliate, which seems to be a problem of our justice system. I wish one of these women would have had a concealed weapon on her when attacked, though...

You are right. I let my emotions run away with me. It's too bad that each woman didn't know that there were other women they could have banned together with. That wasn't the case. Thus they felt alone and scared.

However, I hope that women can learn from this. If ALL of the women assaulted by him - those that lived - would have reported him, then he would have stayed behind bars for quite some time. Women should assume that if a man raped her, then he's most likely going to rape someone else as well. Thus, all women should report it, so that there are more cases to throw at that one man.

All that being said. I have never been in such a frightening situation, so I will not judge. It's just all so sad, scary, and frustrating.

@ Crimson Clover
"BBM
Stupid is. Stupid does. Heard the profession across my own kitchen table. Swatted the thinkin off like a mosquito on my nose.

Stupid is smoking...then, coughing. Stupid is drinking...then, driving. Stupid is winning the lottery...then, committing suicide. Stupid's alot of things. Stupid... was not Ms. Mickey on the night of her demise.

She rode in freedom. Aware, yet without inhibition. Like an astronaut on the shuttle into space. Like a bullrider on an 8 second ride. Like a firefighter entering a blaze. Aware, yet without inhibition. An inner calling to face inner fears, with liberty...and just do it.

Chalk it up to fate...destiny...? Yes. I believe so. And in that fate we have now witnessed, knowing Michaela 'Mickey' Shunick...are we inclined to ride free? To...just do it? I wanna walk the Camino de Santiago bout now! Thank you, Ms. Mickey!

Melodramatic, I assume. (Just how my head rolls!)"

Crimson, you have such an uncanny way with words, that are truly from the heart. And these words put things in such perspective for the rest of us. Melodramatic? Not at all! And your "head rolls" just fine- it just rolls much faster than mine!
Kinda makes me want to walk the Camino de Santiago with you... only I'm not sure what the Camino de Santiago is!

"Frenchie, speaking for myself only, stupid is not knowing what Camino de Santiago means..and then not searching youtube for the answer"..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y45YVNxT1go"]Camino de Santiago - YouTube[/ame]

I'm puzzled about one statement in the new reports.

http://www.theind.com/news/indreporter/11691-shunick-file-reveals-new-details-in-case

The implication is that BSL changed the password. This is completely new to me. I guess he hacked it through her cell phone, but why?

Deletions, or prevent communications giving the appearance that Mickey Shunick had left on her own volition; planting a seed, to stall the investigation, maybe? Deflective, creative, manipulative, calculating, intelligent, and just plain evil..
Maybe we will get more answers to these and other questions as there is more transparency in the investigation.

A huge salute to KATC's Erin Steuber, for her persistence in seeking the truth concerning 'malignant, sadistic, psychopathic, demonic; Brandon S. Lavergne's evil trail of terror'.

Sexually attacking even family members? BSL certainly didn't have control over his sexual urges...makes me wonder if he, indeed, was a victim of sexual abuse during his childhood? Maybe his journals, that reportedly are going to be released to the public soon, will hold clues about abuse he sustained.

Sad that the bloody Tshirt tip wasn't followed up on sooner. Tier 3 RSO BS Lavergne's DWT may have been retrieved by investigators before he had the opportunity to torch it. Forensics would have told a very tragic story, imo.

http://www.theind.com/news/indreporter/11691-shunick-file-reveals-new-details-in-case

The Ind has a new article too.

ETA: Think we will be able to see the 218 pages?!

How sickening. I want to know more but then again I don't. How many women did he attempt to force himself on? Could he have been stopped a long time ago? IMO it all goes back to what women are put through when they do find the courage to speak up. They are usually down graded so much. They become the victim AGAIN. After years of his abusive behavior precious Mickey took him down in one night. Oh Mickey how I wish we could turn back the hands of time. The world is a better place because of you.

If they arrest the half sister, and she makes a deal by telling all she knows, then and only then, would she be getting some sort of respite from alledged past abuse. If they
are leaving her out there to see who comes around or where she might go, then they are
perhaps endangering others including her, IMO only.

Lavergne's friends aided Shunick probe

New details emerged Monday about the investigation into the disappearance and murder of Mickey Shunick, including the extent to which Brandon Scott Lavergne's close acquaintances cooperated as police built the case against him.(MORE)

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...nick-probe?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

By July 5, investigators had enough evidence to obtain a warrant to search Lavergne's mobile home in St. Landry Parish and to arrest him.

Two wallets, belonging to a male and a female with the same last name, were found during the search, the report states.

RE: The man who owned the wallet died of natural causes in 2009. The woman who owned the second wallet had not accessed her bank account for six to eight weeks, her brother told police, and he had not heard from her for some time.

She has ties to Lafayette, but police could not find a connection with Lavergne, the report states.

I would venture to say that a psychopathic serial killer in possession of a missing woman's billfold, may just be a slight connection..

It would be nice to know the circumstances and COD of the husband too...

Jeez..

That's not what I got from that story. I understood it to mean that Madeline Aumiller lived with HER BROTHER, but he asked her to move out due to money issues and he hasn't heard from her since.

?

That's not what I got from that story. I understood it to mean that Madeline Aumiller lived with HER BROTHER, but he asked her to move out due to money issues and he hasn't heard from her since.

?

I went back to re-read it. You are right. They ended one paragraph about the ID being found in his home and started a new paragraph about the brother.
So this must be the hitchhiker he picked up in Beaumont that ran from him? I googled MA and she is from Beaumont if I found the right one. I believe I did because her family has tied to Louisiana.

A search of Brandon lavergnes home turned up the drivers license of a missing Texas woman whose whereabouts remain unknown.

that could mean someone else or it could mean Madeline Aumiller who they have discussed him having her info.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/Drivers-license-of-missing-Tex-woman-found-174386731.html

"Hamilton did confirm that Lavergne is not considered a suspect in any local disappearances or unsolved crimes.

"We didn't find anything else to suggest any other crimes committed in the Acadiana area," he said."

Wow, really? This totally surprises me.

Louisiana is much larger than just Acadiana though. It's so small that he'd be an idiot to continue to abduct women in such a small area.

Don't forget, police can lie to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona