Branson Missouri hit by Large Tornado 2/29/12

I live in Marion, Ill, 22 miles due west of Harrisburg. My son lives in Creal Springs, Ill..the tornado touched down there and he has major damage to his home. He is a forest service employee, and he lost two workers this morning. A man and his wife. The wife was in remission from breast cancer and was looking forward to many more years of health. It is sad that she survived cancer and was killed in this manner. My thoughts and prayers go out to every family that was touched by this mornings storms.

p.s., it was 74 degrees here today-unusually warm for what is our coldest winter month. More tornados are forcast for my area on Friday.

Just heard a report...

170 mph winds went through the area. 170 MPH winds. That's horrific.

There are a lot of warnings out for tonight - NE Arkansas and the corner states, and down towards Mississippi and GA.

People, please. Look at the forecast, look and see what you're in line for. They say that tomorrow (Friday) will be very, very bad, and it will start overnight tonight.

Find out what to expect for your area, be prepared, and stay safe.

Best-
Herding Cats

I know people in Fillmore, Ramsey. I don't think the storm was that far north.

Ridgway, IL was hit -- very small town by Wabash River

120229105742_Still0229_00003.jpg

EF4 tornado destroys Saint Joseph's Catholic Church in Ridgway, Illinois

It has weathered many storms over the years, but even the thick brick walls of Saint Josephs Catholic Church were no match for the tornado that touched down in Ridgway, Illlinois. It's a community made up of less than 1,000, where the church has been an anchor since the late 1800s.

I live in Marion, Ill, 22 miles due west of Harrisburg. My son lives in Creal Springs, Ill..the tornado touched down there and he has major damage to his home. He is a forest service employee, and he lost two workers this morning. A man and his wife. The wife was in remission from breast cancer and was looking forward to many more years of health. It is sad that she survived cancer and was killed in this manner. My thoughts and prayers go out to every family that was touched by this mornings storms.

p.s., it was 74 degrees here today-unusually warm for what is our coldest winter month. More tornados are forcast for my area on Friday.

OMG - knew it was bad down there . . . I'm an SIUC alum & love the Shawnee area. It was in the 70s & sunny in StL today but preparing for more storms tonight/tomorrow.

Prayers for all that was lost during the horrible storm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back