Brazil - Two month old baby found in bag....

RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil - Dozens of people mobbed a hospital in southeastern Brazil on Monday hoping to adopt or just catch a glimpse of a 2-month-old girl found abandoned in a plastic bag floating in a lake, authorities said.
The Odilion Behrens Municipal Hospital had received more than 100 offers to adopt the infant, a hospital spokeswoman said. Authorities said the baby had been released from the same hospital just hours before it was rescued from the lake.

Crowds have mobbed the hospital in Belo Horizonte, about 300 miles north of Rio de Janeiro, ever since the baby's rescue Saturday was filmed by an amateur video cameraman and broadcast on international television.

Minas Gerais state police Inspector Helcio Sa Bernardes said the baby's mother, arrested Sunday, had been charged with attempted homicide for putting the baby into the plastic bag, setting it on a board and pushing it into the lake.

The mother, Simone Cassiano da Silva, 27, has denied throwing the girl into the lake. She claimed she gave the baby to a group of homeless people because she did not have enough money to raise the child.

"I couldn't stay with her," da Silva told AP Television News. "I did not have a minimum psychological condition to stay with her ... I asked them to leave the baby in some place for me, because I did not want to see it."

But police discounted her story.

"That's just a lie to mislead the police," Bernardes said in a telephone interview.

The mother was arrested after workers at the maternity ward where the baby was brought told police the child was born there. The baby was premature and stayed in the maternity ward for two months.

On Saturday morning, the mother picked the baby up from the hospital and took a taxi to the lake, where the baby was later found, authorities said.

The mother was arrested by the police in front of her boyfriend's house carrying a bag and hailing a taxi. Police believe she was getting ready to run away.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060130/ap_on_re_la_am_ca/brazil_abandoned_baby;_ylt=An2DQkNcT.iOTGTZ5EWnLqqs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3b3JuZGZhBHNlYwM3MjE-
:) Well it certainly made me smile .And this does too firstly I think she will get a loving family now and second they got the mother -What a B*tch . :banghead: How could she do this ,the photo of her is so cute and she is so tiny.

Here's a perfect example.. The people who rescued her snatched her up, quickly drew a crowd, everyone wanting to help.. the got her warm, took her to the hospital where over 100 people have asked to adopt her. This sick, demented 'mother' just threw her away hoping she'd die, when there are all those people wanting to take her home with them. Let the 'mother' burnnnnnn.. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

can you imagine what the nurses at the hospital are feeling? The baby was a preemie. They cared for her for 2 months, watching her get past the hurdles and thrive. The very day they joyously release her to go home, after 2 months, the mother puts her in a bag and in the water.

Why is the world would she stuff her in a plastic bag, tie it shut and then place her on a hunk of wood to FLOAT? She wanted her to suffocate as opposed to drown?

Crazy b!tch!

This baby is alive. Thank God for miracles because this truly was. Hundreds want to adopt her. Someone can provide for her all the loving experiences children deserve. The nurse that held her showed her special love of children. Little motions and a sweet kiss...all the world needs to see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.
Back