Breaking News/State files Brief Today in Young Case.10/20/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
- There was blood spatter on the bedroom wall around a partial print that had JLY's DNA. How did the blood magically avoid the area that contained JLY's handprint/DNA?

- They have the victim's blood in a shoe print matching shoes the defendant owned and was seen wearing in video the night before at Cracker Barrel. One attorney claimed the shoes were given to Goodwill, the other defense attorney claimed someone else came in, used JLY's Hush Puppy shoes, and walked around in MY's blood, and then discarded JLY's shoes.

7 judges.....Only 4 needed to overturn CoA.

True to past history, look for Robin Hudson, Barbara Jackson and Cheri Beasley to side with the defense.

Historically, Martin, Ervin, Newby, Edmunds vote pro-prosecution. Based on questions and comments, this seems to hold true.

Looking good for a 4-3 majority to keep JLY in prison, imo.

http://appellate.nccourts.org/Bios/?c=1&Name=Justices

Does anyone know how long the SC generally takes to make a decision (days, weeks, months?) One of the woman justice's (Robin Hudson?) questions seemed very pro-defendant.

I think their decision takes months (how many I don't know).

lol....I thought you were transcribing what was being argued!

I was transcribing... my own arguments. ;-D As if the panel could actually hear me... (akin to someone screaming at the quarterback on TV from their living room. Yes, I'm pitiful).

First off, Mr. State person, it was the Cracker Barrel, not the Golden Corral. Just a simple fact, sir,
know your case.

2)Ms. Blackman pointed out once again something that those of us who have doubts always questioned. There was never an official TOD, time of death. No Medical Examiner ever opined on this, and a paramedic only said MY was dead for hours. The state needed Michelle's death to occur on the 3rd, because the 2nd would have ruled JY out.

3)She also pointed out the state's case was "purported" by a witness who stated her brain fell out of her head in the street.She said there were no fingerprints of JY's found in blood, no blood in the car, no trace of anything in his SUV.She added the fact the state failed to get a conviction with the first jury leaning towards a 8-4 acquittal.

I thought both sides did pretty good, they also both faltered a little, but I think JY will get his new trial. JMO

We should know something by late summer,

Michelle had company that night until about 10:30pm. Stroke of midnight started the next day, Nov 3. We know her body was found around 1:30pm-ish on Nov 3rd. So a timeline of 15 hours, with 13.5 of those hours on Nov 3, 2006. For MY to have been murdered "on Nov 2" someone would have had to do so between 10:30pm and midnight.

Lights on and light colored SUV vehicle was spotted in or near the Young's driveway around 3:30am-ish by newspaper persons. If one wants to believe Cindy Beaver, a "soccer mom type van" was leaving the Young driveway around 5:30am-ish on the morning of Nov 3, 2006.

It's reasonable to conclude that M.Y was murdered in the very early morning hours of Nov 3, 2006.

Michelle had company that night until about 10:30pm. Stroke of midnight started the next day, Nov 3. We know her body was found around 1:30pm-ish on Nov 3rd. So a timeline of 15 hours, with 13.5 of those hours on Nov 3, 2006. For MY to have been murdered "on Nov 2" someone would have had to do so between 10:30pm and midnight.

Lights on and light colored SUV vehicle was spotted in or near the Young's driveway around 3:30am-ish by newspaper persons. If one wants to believe Cindy Beaver, a "soccer mom type van" was leaving the Young driveway around 5:30am-ish on the morning of Nov 3, 2006.

It's reasonable to conclude that M.Y was murdered in the very early morning hours of Nov 3, 2006.

:wave: Madeleine!! Thanks for reminding me of Cindy Beaver, I find myself listening to her previous trial testimony, as I type this.
I'll leave the links here, just in case anyone else feels like refreshing their memory of Ms. Beaver's testimony. ;)

Jason Young trial testimony (Day 10, pt 9)
June 21, 2011, testimony of Cindy Beaver, a resident in the Enchanted Oaks subdiviaion [sic].
4:49 p.m., Jun 21, 2011

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/9759994/

Young retrial testimony (Day 17 pt 6)
Feb. 28, 2012, testimony of Cindy Beaver.
5:29 p.m., Feb 28, 2012

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10790825/

Credible time of death was the major flaw in the state's case?
WOW

Credible time of death was the major flaw in the state's case?
WOW

Absolutely, and no Medical Examiner at the scene. How many times did we ask that question over the years?
Time of Death is very crucial in all murder cases, but especially in one where the police had to check the airport to see if JY flew back and forth to Hillsville because the timeline is so tight. We have talked about this before, the other things Blackman pointed out was that there were no fingerprints found to be JY's at the scene, no blood or traces in his car. Again, same stuff over the years we discussed.
She has a valid argument, imo, because of the majority of the first Jury leaning toward NG.
Here is to a 3rd time.

PS:How did the state get the restaurants mixed up?

Absolutely, and no Medical Examiner at the scene. How many times did we ask that question over the years?
Time of Death is very crucial in all murder cases, but especially in one where the police had to check the airport to see if JY flew back and forth to Hillsville because the timeline is so tight. We have talked about this before, the other things Blackman pointed out was that there were no fingerprints found to be JY's at the scene, no blood or traces in his car. Again, same stuff over the years we discussed.
She has a valid argument, imo, because of the majority of the first Jury leaning toward NG.
Here is to a 3rd time.

BBM
What about the blood spatter that was on the bedroom wall around a partial print that had JLY's DNA???

The M.E. him/herself doesn't go to death scenes (as far as I know) in this area. It isn't considered a problem, and cases are able to be solved and adjudicated. However, 1 or more representatives from the M.E.'s office do go to a death scene in homicide or suspicious death cases and they collect the bodies. This is standard protocol.

Yes, Landonsmom, JLY's magical partial print on the wall somehow managed to block flying blood from poor Michelle from hitting any part of that wall print. Now how did such a magical blood-repelling print with JLY's DNA manage to get on the very part of the wall in which someone would be bracing themselves if bent over an injured MY, beating her to death? :thinking:

Here is to a 3rd time.

I've always been shocked that no medical examiner went to the scene. That's just ridiculous. The ME also failed to do a rape kit even though it was requested. CY was never properly interviewed by cops. This case represents one of the worst examples of complacency, ineptness and railroading by LE I've ever seen and I've followed a lot of cases over the years.

JMO

http://www.wral.com/nc-supreme-court-returns-jason-young-appeal-to-lower-court/14845103/

"In a ruling Friday, the state Supreme Court reversed a decision by the state Court of Appeals that Jason Young should get a new trial in the 2006 murder of his wife, Michelle Young.
The Supreme Court is asking the Appeals Court to reconsider Young's case."

As expected, JUSTICE PREVAILS

https://appellate.nccourts.org/opinions/?c=1&pdf=33262

http://abc11.com/news/nc-supreme-court-rejects-third-trial-for-jason-young/950738/

[h=1]NORTH CAROLINA SUPREME COURT REJECTS THIRD TRIAL FOR JASON YOUNG[/h]

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article31733130.html

At issue for the N.C. Supreme Court was whether a unanimous Court of Appeals panel erred when finding that prosecutors went too far when they introduced evidence about rulings in civil proceedings for which Young did not participate.

The justices ruled that Young and his attorneys failed to preserve the right to challenge the introduction of such evidence by not lodging objection at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500