BREAKING NEWS-The McCanns On The Move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you wonder what that "source" was?

There's no record of a sample ever being taken from Murat's car because the "sniffer dogs" alerted to the Renault Scenic.

The dogs had been brought back to Portugal and when they alerted, (I don't know what precipitated bringing them back) the police searched the trunk of the car more thoroughly and found the sample under the mat/wheel well kind of area--not really clear what, but not the top surface of the trunk.

The tests were done at two independent labs in Great Britain.

With such a high-profile case, every precaution would be taken to process the tests according to established procedure.

As yourself what "source" would have suggested that a mix up would be possible--knowing full well there were not multiple samples of Madeleine's DNA sitting around in unlabeled containers with a stack of labels near by, like file folders full of papers or something.

This is a page right out of the O.J. Simpson defense and obviously, it worked really well for him. All you need is a little confusion about collecting and testing forensic evidence, repeating something loudly and often even if it's incorrect, and an audience willing to believe.

As always, Texana, you have earned my respect. I appreciate your thought processes. :clap:

I have a hard time with quotes like that from an unnamed "source".

Colomom I have a problem with rumors and inuendo from unamed sources period.

I also have a problem with the likes of the court tv boards. I stopped visiting that board long before Madeleine went missing.
Too many posters enjoy being nasty there just for the sake of it. IMO.

By the way I never said, and nor do I believe that the labels were mixed up.

It was just that you automatically assumed the "source" was McCann spin that I thought unfair.

Colomom I have a problem with rumors and inuendo from unamed sources period.

I also have a problem with the likes of the court tv boards. I stopped visiting that board long before Madeleine went missing.
Too many posters enjoy being nasty there just for the sake of it. IMO.

By the way I never said, and nor do I believe that the labels were mixed up.

It was just that you automatically assumed the "source" was McCann spin that I thought unfair.

Understood april4sky....I hope you can see how I came to that conclusion. I do not post without thought.
signs037.gif

Understood april4sky....I hope you can see how I came to that conclusion. I do not post without thought.
signs037.gif

Understood here too colomom. :)

Now as its just past midnight here in my part of the world. I will bid you good night.

I have been on here far too long. :silenced:

Understood here too colomom. :)

Now as its just past midnight here in my part of the world. I will bid you good night.

I have been on here far too long. :silenced:

As far as I am concerned you (and your opinions) are always.....
signs060.gif

signs068.gif

Can you tell I found a new site for smilies? :D

I agree - this was a little harsh. If you read many of Shazza's posts you will see that her greatest concern is for the children and the fact that they seem to spend very little time with their parents. This must be a very difficult time for the twins. Any time they spend with their parents at this point, is probably "distracted" time. I would think (and I'm probably projecting my own feelings here) that the parents are very wrapped up in what is going on and it is very difficult to disengage themselves and give the twins their 100% undivided attention for any length of time. All normal under the circumstances, in my opinion.

I also think the twins are probably just fine, although somewhat confused. They have grandparents, aunts and uncles that are helping to look after them and the parents, while attending many meetings, do seem to stay in close proximity to some extent.

An additional thought is that the McCanns are probably trying to find a way to get AWAY from all the press. Think about it, if they were camped in your front yard, wouldn't you try to shake them?

Anyway.... just my two cents.

Salem

Yes, I assume that, too, but I still don't get what she would have them do. Not meet with the lawyers, and just take their chances that they might get taken from their children for years because they didn't manage to mount a decent defense, or take the children along to meet with the lawyers, too?

The implication is they are somehow wrong again, but what other thing should they do? No one can take care of two small children and give them the attention they need AND talk to a lawyer about something this important at the same time. Are they supposed to keep these children with them at a time when they clearly shouldn't just so it looks good?

Shrinky

The new article about the "mystery man" is not NEWS. Isn't this Murat's friend Tuck? I sure looks like him and it is a question that has been posted in the Maddie forum numerous times, by more than one sluether, including myself........ so why is it news now?

Salem

The children that is....hasn't it been implied that they are w/ relatives? At least they didn't leave em in the house alone :rolleyes:

I did not intend to sound that the children should be with their parents whilst with their legal team, the way I read the story was the parents were whisked away and the children taken by family members to another location, why couldnt the children have been left at home with another family member, it seems to me that they will be gone for a much longer time, these kids have had their world turned upside down and even though the parents say they want to get home and live as normal life as possible, this obviously is not happening, I feel sad for the twins being shoved from pillar to pillar, IMO this is having a terrible effect on them and at the age they are its the parents whom they want.

Ahhh....mmm...Zelda? Murat is the first guys officially named as a suspect. He lives close to where the apartment was that Madeleine went missing from, and there are rumors he knew some of the Tapas 9 from England. He has links to a Russian computer geek (Sergei Malinka) who has also been investigated, but never named as a suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82