Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this serial rapist, now murderer, is anything like the rest they have a pattern of rapes every so often. This guy tried with one young women Nov 13, but failed, she screamed. There may be someone else out there that was raped in the next few days that did not come forward.

His next vic, that he did rape, was Dec 16..then Bri on Jan 20. If I am right..he is ready to rape again. Either this week or next. These monsters have a pattern to the times and places they use. He may pick another place to pick up his vics, but he will need to fill that urge/ desire again very soon. He may be laying low for now, but he will not stop until he is caught. I beleive this may be someone known to the police already, they just don't have DNA to connect to him yet.
JMHO

I found the following at another site without a link, so I searched it and found the original author and the entire article. I'm bringing it here as I feel it's extremely relevant to this case. The author is Daniel Collazzi, a forensic biologist:

Violent offenders who rape their victims fall into different categories. These are different types of rapists, who rape for different reasons and do it in different ways. Nonetheless, they are all monsters. Profiles created for each kind of rapist can be used to track down and punished the different types of rapists accordingly.

The Power Reassurance Rapist is the most common type of rapist. He usually will carry a weapon or claim to be, but will not use it or use any more force than necessary to fulfill his fantasy. He wants to express his power through sex, not physical injury. This offender spends an extended period of time with the victim, may compliment her appearance, and may even apologize for what he has just done to her.

The Power Assertive Rapist is primarily concerned with showing how "manly" he is through extreme violence. Unlike the Power Reassurance Rapist, this one is not concerned with the extent of suffering of the victim and usually uses more force than necessary to subdue her.

The Anger Retaliatory Rapist is even more violent. He has a deep hatred towards women and so lashes out against them. Many of his victims require hospitalization.

The Anger Excitation Rapist or sexual sadist is sexually stimulated by the amount of suffering his victim endures. He is the most dangerous type of rapist.

The Opportunistic Rapist will rape someone during another crime taking place, for instance, a robbery or kidnapping. He does not spend very much time with the victim and is usually either high or drunk during the ordeal.

http://www.bxscience.edu/publications/forensics/articles/psychologicalprofiles/f-psyc01.htm

Edited to add........there's a lot more at the link on criminal behavior. The portion above is only a small snip of the article - the portion that deals with rapists.

Sorry to hear about your daughter's friend, but glad the murderer was brought to justice.

I followed the Darren Mack case from beginning to end, and I think the Reno Police Dept. is one of the best! I was very surprised when the police dept. published a pdf file in the RGJ of the evidence collected from Mack's condo, along with affidavits from some of the detectives. And when the case went to trial, the testimony from the detectives was excellent......a testimony to a very thorough job.
I completely agree about the police dept. from what I saw in Mack's case, and believe they're doing everything possible to find this murderer before he strikes again. I thought some more about the truck, and maybe their problem is that they don't have any idea what year model it is, and these features (dome light, stereo) could've been add-ons.

Isn't this the same young women that gave the police the description and they feel is the second vic? She gave a darn good descritpion of the perps truck and the perp
Yes, she is the second victim and also the one the attempted burglary happened to on Jan. 19th, after she had moved out of the country. They reinterviewed her AFTER Brianna went missing. (Tells you how hard they pursued her case, doesn't it?!)

LE is saying she was in the place where she was found around a week, they can tell by body decomp. If they thought she had been there alot longer, I think they would have said so. So the perp either kept her alive for about 3 weeks (which I doubt) or he had the body somewhere else, and now wanted her to be found. There are alot of other places he could have buried her and she would probably never been found. He wanted her to be found. Sick as it is, seems like he watching close by and enjoying all this.

I don't think they said if she was found naked or not...I truly hope there is some more forensic evidence they find on her to help get this guy. Which I do think they will.

Yes, she is the second victim and also the one the attempted burglary happened to on Jan. 19th, after she had moved out of the country. They reinterviewed her AFTER Brianna went missing. (Tells you how hard they pursued her case, doesn't it?!)

I just don't understand your constant complaint against the LE. If they didn't reinterview her I think you would complain because they were not pursuing Brianna's case hard enough.

I sure hope you don't have someone critiquing you this hard.

I think they could have pursued this and possibly prevented this happening to Brianna. It makes me angry they did not. I also think they have some responsibility in this because of not testing the DNA prior to her going missing and knowing they did already have a serial rapist in that specific area who was targeting students. No matter how much you want to tell me how GREAT RPD is...these are facts which say they did not do their job.

LE is saying she was in the place where she was found around a week, they can tell by body decomp. If they thought she had been there alot longer, I think they would have said so. So the perp either kept her alive for about 3 weeks (which I doubt) or he had the body somewhere else, and now wanted her to be found. There are alot of other places he could have buried her and she would probably never been found. He wanted her to be found. Sick as it is, seems like he watching close by and enjoying all this.

I don't think they said if she was found naked or not...I truly hope there is some more forensic evidence they find on her to help get this guy. Which I do think they will.
That's why I was thinking of the possibility that the suspect works in the area where she was found. I don't think she was alive past the early morning she was abducted and her body would decompose more slowly in the snow.

Didn't they say the body had been there at least a week? That only rules out that the body had not been there less than a week.

If he kept her alive for 2-3 weeks, he is much different than I profile him. I understand that his crimes are accelerating from fondle to rape to murder. However, that still seems to be a much different profile than someone who tortures for 2-3 weeks, murders, then places the body to be found.

You could be right but I hope not.

I think they could have pursued this and possibly prevented this happening to Brianna. It makes me angry they did not. I also think they have some responsibility in this because of not testing the DNA prior to her going missing and knowing they did already have a serial rapist in that specific area who was targeting students. No matter how much you want to tell me how GREAT RPD is...these are facts which say they did not do their job.

I have never sad they are great. I do say that your constant beratement of the LE is becoming your purpose and I have not found sufficient evidence to warrant it.

I think someone would have to go to Best Buy or Circuit City and look at car radio/stereo systems to narrow down one that has both red and blue LED read out.

If he had an older after-market stereo in his vehicle, it wouldn't still be on display there. My dad has a 5-7 year old Clarion stereo in his vehicle that still looks brand new, with flashy blue lights, but it wouldn't be on display any longer.

LE is saying she was in the place where she was found around a week, they can tell by body decomp. If they thought she had been there alot longer, I think they would have said so.
The report said she was " in the field more than a week" which could amount to any length of time. They also said further tests were being done, so when those are completed we may know more. They stated nothing more except the COD was by strangulation and other evidence was found in the field.

I have never been to Reno, but IMO that church group is full of hate.

BTW, you have been a great resource to this thread.

I understand the anger that it seems like we have alot of data on this perp but can't make a connection. Real life is just not like reality based crime shows. Cases like this usually don't always get solved in a few days, give or take a few commercials. An unsolved case is not automatically indictive of inept LE.

We have said it numerous times, someone knows this perp, probably has thoughts that it is him, but either does not want to falsely accuse or is afraid of the truth.

If that person does not make the phone call, we are probably going to be waiting a long time for this perp to get caught. The exeception being that he attacks again and more evidence from that attack is gained to find him.

I don't think he is playing a game with the LE by dumping the body to be found. I think he is a sexual predator whose appetite for sexual perversion, to somewhat borrow a phrase, is writing checks that his intelligence can not continue to cover. he must be frightened to his bones but his perversion to convert that to arrogance and he will strike again if someone does not make that call.

If he had an older after-market stereo in his vehicle, it wouldn't still be on display there. My dad has a 5-7 year old Clarion stereo in his vehicle that still looks brand new, with flashy blue lights, but it wouldn't be on display any longer.

I agree that the model or radio may be older and, therefore, not seen on a current lineup of radios for sale.

However, it may be narrowed down to a particular brand to has a "signature" color scheme in their lights. Even that, however, may not be much more valuable that the description. But, then again, it may be the missing piece that causes someone to make a phone call.

Good point!

I think it would be more important at this stage to try to narrow down the year of the truck, or at least a range of years. I can imagine it would be extremely difficult for the victim who described the vehicle - at that point in her life she wasn't thinking of make, year, and model of the vehicle she was in. What she described sounds like snippets she recalled upon questioning.

It might be valuable for LE to try to jog the victim's memory with having her look at pictures of pickup truck interiors from specific time periods, perhaps in increments of 5 years. Give her a set of pictures of pickup trucks from 1990 - 1995; one set for 1995 - 2000; and another for 2000 - 2005; and see if there's any details that would help narrow the age of the truck down to a specific period of time.

Sometimes the mind captures an image, but due to trauma, the memory doesn't recall that image until the image is seen again. In this case, pictures of truck interiors from various periods of time might jog the victim's memory and reveal an important detail that would determine the year/make/model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea