Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Envoy, what do you think about the idea that this perp hasn't committed actual sexual intercouse rape on any of the victims that we know of? He didn't do anything to the November vic, he made the December vic perform oral sex on him, and we don't know what he did to Bri, except that it was "sexually motivated," which to me doesn't necessarily mean she was actually raped. I keep feeling like this means that he's in a relationship and the rapes are in part a way for him to get certain sex acts (like oral sex) that he might not be getting from his SO. This falls in line with him starting with prostitutes as well--men sometimes seek them out for kinky things or things that they can't get at home. Curious on others' thoughts.

I wonder if he was trying to avoid leaving evidence. Oral sex requires less physical closeness and it would be easier to avoid leaving semen.

I think the brutality involved indicates it goes beyond getting sex he can't get at home. He violently beat the Dec. victim and killed Bri. This is a very angry and disturbed person.

well said and thank you, I know this is very personal for me right now, but at the end of the day, I want it to make a difference for these people, not just feel good that I help figure something out. As Im sure is the case for all.:woohoo:
I have no idea why I chose that emoticon except that rolling around on my head right now sounds like a good idea.
1.gif
Here is a more appropriate one for the way things have happened to you lately. Your world was shaken.

Please forgive my question; I haven't followed as closely, but was there an official release that the Dec victim was beaten badly? I thought it was a rumor that gained life and truthfulness on it's own.

Was there an official release stating exactly what the Dec victim endured?

Earlier, someone asked me if I thought it possible if the perp might have committed all of these assaults with only oral or without actual penetration-involved rape. I think it is possible.

My scenario in how the perp gets his underwear is possibly through web cam shows where he buys the underwear after a performance of some sort. It would explain the lack of someone coming forward (either through embarrassment, lack of knowledge altogether by the female who wears the underwear once and sends it to a guy, or being across the country and not putting two and two together), so given that, yes, I think he could have committed all these acts without penetration.

Envoy, what do you think about the idea that this perp hasn't committed actual sexual intercouse rape on any of the victims that we know of? He didn't do anything to the November vic, he made the December vic perform oral sex on him, and we don't know what he did to Bri, except that it was "sexually motivated," which to me doesn't necessarily mean she was actually raped. I keep feeling like this means that he's in a relationship and the rapes are in part a way for him to get certain sex acts (like oral sex) that he might not be getting from his SO. This falls in line with him starting with prostitutes as well--men sometimes seek them out for kinky things or things that they can't get at home. Curious on others' thoughts.
Generally speaking, this type of behavior exists not only with rapists but with some men who seek prostitutes (or even girlfriends for that matter who they might look upon as a prostitute, in their warped mind) and only want them to perform that type of sex act on them. They do not want the physical contact with the woman or to pleasure the woman, but want the woman to perform a service on them to give them pleasure. In other words, it's all about them. In this case though, he did have a box of condoms with him for the Nov. attack (which fortunately the victim got away from him) so it's possible he had intended to have more than oral sex with that victim. MOO :)

I meant it, I used to think I was pretty smart till I joined here, talk about little fish big pond!
Don't leave, Blink :) At one time all of us were new here and you just kind of have to wade through it sometimes.

You know, the forced oral sex may be yet another form of humiliation and dominance. From a perp perspective, I think one act is "taking something" and the other is "forcing humiliation." In a closed car which was locked, I think I would be more scared to fight back as in he may be going to drive me a way to my death. In an open house with friends sleeping in other rooms, I would doubt that you could force that same act without noise or resistance from Bri. I think the sexual evidence in Bri's case is critical, if she was not raped but DNA from semen was found, this guy maybe cannot get an erection in the rape scenario- which could be key? Is there any possibility there could be another player here? Some sort of sick rapist tag team?
At any rate, for the 10th time, he really scares me.
I completely agree it's about humiliation and dominance. You might also be right that he may be sexually dysfunctional and can only be stimulated by oral sex. Or he just thinks women aren't worth anything.

Generally speaking, this type of behavior exists not only with rapists but with some men who seek prostitutes (or even girlfriends for that matter who they might look upon as a prostitute, in their warped mind) and only want them to perform that type of sex act on them. They do not want the physical contact with the woman or to pleasure the woman, but want the woman to perform a service on them to give them pleasure. In other words, it's all about them. In this case though, he did have a box of condoms with him for the Nov. attack (which fortunately the victim got away from him) so it's possible he had intended to have more than oral sex with that victim. MOO :)
I watched a special on TV recently about prostitutes at the Bunny Ranch. The gals said 95% of the men that come there to the Ranch want the girls to pretend they are their girlfriend. They want the girls to sit with them and cuddle and sex is the frosting on the cake and not the reason they come...so it was an interesting perspective from the prostitute...The perp the LE are looking for in this case was obviously in the other 5% group....:rolleyes:

I watched a special on TV recently about prostitutes at the Bunny Ranch. The gals said 95% of the men that come there to the Ranch want the girls to pretend they are their girlfriend. They want the girls to sit with them and cuddle and sex is the frosting on the cake and not the reason they come...so it was an interesting perspective from the prostitute...The perp the LE are looking for in this case was obviously in the other 5% group....:rolleyes:
Wow that is interesting, but isn't that one of the few places it's legal? Maybe that makes a difference with the type of client who goes there. Whatever, this creep is definitely in the other 5%!

Does this remind anyone else of the Center City rapist in Philadelphia? That same perp (Troy Graves, Air Force "Airman") later moved to Colorado and became known as the Fort Collins rapist. The only reason they started to investigate him more aggressively is when he killed one of his Philadelphia rape victims, Shannon Scheiber. There are people to this day who say that they had no idea that there was a serial rapist in their area until her murder (kind of like Reno).

Shannon's murder was almost a cold case though for 2 years before he started raping women again in Fort Collins and also started writing letters to the police alluding to being the Center City rapist. Then, and only then, did they make the connection and were eventually able to arrest him.

Anyway, this reminds me so much of that and how no one started making any connections until there was a murder. I really hope that it doesn't that long to catch this creep or that he is not able to move somewhere else in the meantime.

I am thinking this man may not be a straight man...he could be gay or a transgender type....I have nothing to support this other than a strange intuition...the shaved private area seems like something a gay man who is also a neat freak might do...the women's underwear...perhaps trying to force himself to become a heterosexual...I could be way offbase in this too. But it is something that's been in my head about this man. Anyone else want to respond?

Does this remind anyone else of the Center City rapist in Philadelphia? That same perp (Troy Graves, Air Force "Airman") later moved to Colorado and became known as the Fort Collins rapist. The only reason they started to investigate him more aggressively is when he killed one of his Philadelphia rape victims, Shannon Scheiber. There are people to this day who say that they had no idea that there was a serial rapist in their area until her murder (kind of like Reno).

Shannon's murder was almost a cold case though for 2 years before he started raping women again in Fort Collins and also started writing letters to the police alluding to being the Center City rapist. Then, and only then, did they make the connection and were eventually able to arrest him.

Anyway, this reminds me so much of that and how no one started making any connections until there was a murder. I really hope that it doesn't that long to catch this creep or that he is not able to move somewhere else in the meantime.
Lilly, I had seen that case on an episode of Forensic Files last week and posted about it in post 542 on page 22 of this thread. I never really knew much about it, even though I moved to Philadelphia right after in happened. At that time, 2000, Troy was in his "limbo" phase and was getting ready to begin his Colorado attacks. Anyway, I agree with you that it's worth looking at his case, especially since he had an SO that had NO IDEA what he was doing for all that time.

" Imagine the horror if one of the victims was hypnotized and, under hypnosis, recalled the name of the perp from a glance at an envelope on the floor of the truck. If a defense attorney was able to get the witness disqualified because of an error in the hypnosis, the conviction could be in jeopardy. Makes me sick, but that's the risk as I understand it. "
Could the conviction be in jeopardy in the scenario above even with a DNA
match?. Or is it that they wouldn't be able to use the testimony from that particular witness?

I checked with my cousin who is an ADA - her answer was YES. If the DNA was obtained with a search warrant that was issued on the basis of the information from the victim. If the victim's statements are thrown out the search warrant could be determined invalid and any evidence found is considered "poisoned fruit" in inadmissable in court.

I am thinking this man may not be a straight man...he could be gay or a transgender type....I have nothing to support this other than a strange intuition...the shaved private area seems like something a gay man who is also a neat freak might do...the women's underwear...perhaps trying to force himself to become a heterosexual...I could be way offbase in this too. But it is something that's been in my head about this man. Anyone else want to respond?
I've never heard of a gay man being a serial rapist/killer of young women.

Lilly, I had seen that case on an episode of Forensic Files last week and posted about it in post 542 on page 22 of this thread. I never really knew much about it, even though I moved to Philadelphia right after in happened. At that time, 2000, Troy was in his "limbo" phase and was getting ready to begin his Colorado attacks. Anyway, I agree with you that it's worth looking at his case, especially since he had an SO that had NO IDEA what he was doing for all that time.

Aha, so you caught me not having read all of the thread pages. lol Sorry, I missed your post newshound. Thanks for noticing the connection too. I actually saw the story on dateline or something a few yrs and then also used to talk to someone on these boards who had lived around Fort Collins during that time. I'd forgotten a little bit about it though, until the details came out about Brianna's murder being tied to the sexual assaults and then I just kept making mental comparisons of the two. I think it would be a great idea for the Reno le to talk le in Fort Collins and Philadelphia, just to maybe brainstorm and get some tips on catching this guy.

I say this guy COULD be gay...I am puzzled why no-one has come forward with any concerns about their spouse being shaved in the private area/missing at odd and unusual hours, etc......seems to me women would be more apt to wonder and be suspicious and come forward about this to police than a man...where as a gay man in a relationship with one man or two, or more...wouldn't think it important because the victim is a girl. I have never heard of a serial killer/rapist being gay either but I have to say...one neevr knows in this day and age. And another thing, the deal with the underwear makes me think perhaps this is a guy who has a hatred of women and was/is not close at all to his mother...so in his mind he may be trying to identify with women on the only level he knows how to and feels comfortable with...and maybe blames his mother for his being gay. With him not having sex with any of the women he has attacked is weird also...gay men may seek oral sex from a woman but they will not have a normal sexual relationshp with a woman...no penetration at all. Everyone, please weigh in.

I don't think this guy is gay. I think he may be a "neat freak", and terrified of contracting a sexually transmitted disease - but not terrified enough to avoid sex. Thus, the condoms and the oral sex.

Definitely NOT gay. I do not think he is a "neat freak" either (his truck was a mess). It may be he is worried about diseases because of his SO, but also pregnancy. He doesn't mind his DNA being all over the place, but he doesn't want a child with a vic because of his narcissism (she wouldn't be "good enough" to carry his child).

I think this guy is hiding in plain sight and even flaunting it to certain people at how close he can get to the investigation, but not get caught. He thinks he is superior to everyone around him including LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member