Brianna Dennison 19yo Reno NV #9

I just want to clear this up before I make my comment; I am in no way knocking or looking down on anyone. With that said, I honestly just do not understand why an innocent person wouldn't allow for a DNA test to be done on them to rule them out as a possibility. I'm sure people have their resons but I just am not aware of them.

I agree completely Lanie. If you have nothing to hide, why not help the case along. It must have something to do with their right to privacy. I've heard reasons, but don't remember them right now.

I just finish reading an Ann Rule book and it took LE almost 2 years to nail the suspect and connect him to another murder 16 years prior. Lots of hard work by LE and the willingness to never give up. It amazes me all the new technology the police have now to track suspects.

I just finished reading the thread about Pres. Bush passing a law that ALL newborn babies will now have their DNA taken at birth. I guess I have a better understanding as to why some people wouldn't want their DNA taken, especially those of innocent babies. However, as for myself I think that if I knew once my DNA was tested and proven to be negative against that of the POI was disposed of and not kept I would be fine with the process. (Hope you all understood what I just said. I think it was quite a run-on, grammatically incorrect sentence!)

I just finished reading the thread about Pres. Bush passing a law that ALL newborn babies will now have their DNA taken at birth. I guess I have a better understanding as to why some people wouldn't want their DNA taken, especially those of innocent babies. However, as for myself I think that if I knew once my DNA was tested and proven to be negative against that of the POI was disposed of and not kept I would be fine with the process. (Hope you all understood what I just said. I think it was quite a run-on, grammatically incorrect sentence!)
Hi Lanie :) I think a lot of people just don't trust LE and are afraid LE will use the sample for some other reason, or the guys who won't give a sample have something else to hide. If I were one of these guys who refused to give a sample I'd be afraid LE would think I could be the perp. MOO

This case is taking way too long. Nothing new at all??

This case is taking way too long. Nothing new at all??
I haven't heard a word! Even though it's good news no other victims have been attacked or murdered, I'm surprised he hasn't struck again since there seemed to be a pattern forming of an attack a month starting in November. I'm wondering if he might be in jail on some other charges where DNA wouldn't be taken to match it up with these crimes?

Recently only a sketch was available. They have captured the person responsible for that rape it looks like, his name is Roy Trost.
Could this be the guy - he kind of fits the description.

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/Global/story.asp?S=8369334

http://www.lasvegassun.com/photos/2008/may/21/4782/

http://www.ktnv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8373545&nav=menu498_7

There seem to be plenty of articles around in regards to his arrest.
I agree with you Rusty. He has light brown hair, facial hair and seems to be of a medium to large build. And to me he does not look 19. I could see someone--especially in the dark--thinking he was at least in his mid-to-late 20s.

Just confirmed, the attacks occurred on a Sunday night, believe after midnight.

He is due in court on robbery\burglary charges where he worked at a north west ranch in Nevada. I cannot find location of the ranch.
The robbery occurred about a month ago.

He has been in adult movies - recently to get some quick cash before he bailed to venice beach. In reference to shaving pubic hair - someone stated that in *advertiser censored* movies, some men shave pubic region.

Now here is where it gets a bit weird. His latest roommate runs a gay social network or is know to have.
The myspace acccount for roy trost has several gay references - sorry for not providing link. You can search myspace - people for roy trost and you will get two hits.
Someone brought up some time ago some references to the perp being gay in regards to panties and why they were stolen.

OK - there is more to this guy. He also has been accused of attacks on two other women.

This guy definitely fits the description. He apparentely was on some sort of medication and recently off.

Also accusations of groping women. Articles below.

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=8366225

http://victimsover18.blogspot.com/2008/05/nevada-hospital-groper-arrested-after-5.html
Wow ~ he sure looks like he could be Brianna's killer! They'll know if the DNA matches and I hope it does so this horrible murder will be solved.

He is due in court on robbery\burglary charges where he worked at a north west ranch in Nevada. I cannot find location of the ranch.
The robbery occurred about a month ago.

He has been in adult movies - recently to get some quick cash before he bailed to venice beach. In reference to shaving pubic hair - someone stated that in *advertiser censored* movies, some men shave pubic region.

Now here is where it gets a bit weird. His latest roommate runs a gay social network or is know to have.
The myspace acccount for roy trost has several gay references - sorry for not providing link. You can search myspace - people for roy trost and you will get two hits.
Someone brought up some time ago some references to the perp being gay in regards to panties and why they were stolen.
Wow Rusty, awesome research! This is certainly interesting...

Wow, this man fits the profile of Bri's killer very well. I sure hope it is. Could you imagine the sigh of relief so many people will take. Unfortunately, it will never give Bri her life again but atleast justice will be within sight, and no other woman would suffer the wrath of this .

Thanks Rusty for the info. Keeping fingers crossed that this is the perp in the Reno cases.

I'm sorry, but I am getting really frustrated with the lack of updates on both the South Meadows assaults from a few weeks ago and the arrest of Roy Trost for two Las Vegas assaults, particularly in the first case, where they haven't even IDed a POI. Shouldn't they be releasing whatever info they can to catch this guy?

I'm sorry, I am not trying to come down on LE, but even a litte blurb in the RGJ about where the investigation is would work.

SS, do you think he's a longtime Reno resident or that he just moved there in the last few months/year?

I keep checking UNR's crime blotters to see if there's been anything suspicious around campus these last few weeks of school (http://www.unr.edu/police/blotters/). They have not posted anything since April 25. Judging by the fact that multiple crimes (including drug possession, underage drinking) seem to take place on campus nearly every week, I'm curious as to why nothing has been posted.

I wonder how many students stay on or around campus after school ends.
May crime reports are now up. I guess they wait till the month is over. I thought these two were of interest:

04-26-08 22:45 hrs UN08-0358 University Terrace & Ralston
Courtesy Report
Reported by Officer Brad Demitropoulos

Reno Police Department contacted UNR Police regarding a reported sexual assault at University and Ralston. Officers assisted Reno Police with gathering evidence in the area (reference RPD case #RP08-14444).
05-01-08 23:36 hrs UN08-0371 University Terrace
Sexual Assault
Reported by Officer Warren Conley

A female subject reported being sexually assaulted at the Sigma Phi Epsilon Fraternity House. This case is under investigation.

OK - he graduated from UNR over two years ago.
Not a current student.

Just wanted to clarify.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin