Bride Fastens 1Mth Old Baby to Wedding Dress Train for Walk Down the Aisle

That baby was being dragged behind her. What if baby hit her head on something? I mean, you don't see people dragging their babies behind them on a street, do you? There is a reason for that. If she wanted baby included she could have put the baby into a carriage,or have somebody carry the baby.
Or the mother tripped and fell on the baby???

Thought it was self explanatory. Someone to keep an eye on the baby.
Keeping an eye out would be meaningless after something happened to it. It would be harmed by being injured. There was zero support for the head and neck. It could've been paralyzed had it hit something or the mother falling on it, or smothered in the material of the dress. People don't do this with good reason, because harm can come from it, and we should take preventative measures to keep babies safe. Just like we take measures to keep them from drowning. I think this mother endangered her child.
And as far as getting mad as what could've happened, darn right!!! People get charged with attempted murder. The dogs that attacked my dog could've killed her had I not pulled one of them off of her. You bet I'm mad!!!

Having walked down the aisle, I know how it works.

Keeping an eye out would be meaningless after something happened to it. It would be harmed by being injured. There was zero support for the head and neck. It could've been paralyzed had it hit something or the mother falling on it. People don't do this with good reason, because harm can come from it, and we should take preventative measures to keep babies safe. Just like we take measures to keep them from drowning. I think this mother endangered her child.

The child was not hurt. Not at all upset and seemed to be pleasantly enjoying the ride. I fell holding my son once walking like a normal person. He was fine.

I don't see how harm can come from it. Really. I think this is a lot of hulabaloo for nothing.

See, Kim Kardashian is not the tackiest bride of the season, must admit I kind of love that this woman did this for the outrage factor :)

Heh spot the aussie.

We think it's funny...:D

One way of involving the baby and I don't for one second think it was at any risk at all. She didn't LEAVE it there all night.

My kids were always on the floor.

Was I a bad mum????

How many brides do you know that have fallen over while walking down the aisle?

My kids were always on the floor.

Was I a bad mum????

How many brides do you know that have fallen over while walking down the aisle?
Were you dragging your kids when they were on the floor??? There's a difference, and this was only a 1 mo. old, not even sitting up or crawling yet.

Were you dragging your kids when they were on the floor??? There's a difference, and this was only a 1 mo. old, not even sitting up or crawling yet.

I just can't see how any harm could be done.

The whole church was watching the baby.

I just can't see how any harm could be done.

The whole church was watching the baby.

Sudden fire. Mom or someone else in the bridal party faints. A bee stings mom who flails about and trips. Skirt catches on something and flips baby onto her face. Numerous things can go wrong in a crowd, when a baby is being dragged on the floor, in someone's long skirt.

But the risk is small, IMO, as many people knew the baby was there. I just think it is very, very tacky and disrespectful of the infant, to drag her like an accessory, on the floor like that. Ick.

I think too often we don;t value children the way they should be valued. Children should be treated like gold. The floor is universally associated with dirt and insults. It's not cute to drag a bay across the floor. I think it says something about these parents and what's important to them.

But that's my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own.

Sudden fire. Mom or someone else in the bridal party faints. A bee stings mom who flails about and trips. Skirt catches on something and flips baby onto her face. Numerous things can go wrong in a crowd, when a baby is being dragged on the floor, in someone's long skirt.

But the risk is small, IMO, as many people knew the baby was there. I just think it is very, very tacky and disrespectful of the infant, to drag her like an accessory, on the floor like that. Ick.

I think too often we don;t value children the way they should be valued. Children should be treated like gold. The floor is universally associated with dirt and insults. It's not cute to drag a bay across the floor. I think it says something about these parents and what's important to them.

Exactly.
Apparently they rigged up a supposedly safe contraption for the baby, but really, who does this? It looks totally silly ..dragging in a newborn along on your train. I understand them wanting their baby to be a part of the service, however I know it could have been done in a much more tasteful way. I mean...it just looks ridiculous!

Exactly.
Apparently they rigged up a supposedly safe contraption for the baby, but really, who does this? It looks totally silly ..dragging in a newborn along on your train. I understand them wanting their baby to be a part of the service, however I know it could have been done in a much more tasteful way. I mean...it just looks ridiculous!
I don't see how material is safe- it's not going to prevent serious injury should the mother or someone fall/trip on the baby, and it may even get smothered in the material!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I don't see how material is safe- it's not going to prevent serious injury should the mother or someone fall/trip on the baby, and it may even get smothered in the material!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Really? They make all kinds of baby carriers out of material. It is not that hard to do.

I just have never seen such outrage when no one has been killed, injured or even gotten a hang nail.

Is it any worse when we stick them on blankets on the floor for pictures?

I think it is odd to say the least, but I don't think it was harmful. I am pretty darn sure there was someone there to tend to the baby.

It looks totally ridiculous - even ugly I feel, kind of alien, I don't know what word to use. Just totally weird. smh

Is it any worse when we stick them on blankets on the floor for pictures?

I think it is odd to say the least, but I don't think it was harmful. I am pretty darn sure there was someone there to tend to the baby.

Yes. It's worse. She's being dragged on the floor on a skirt. Like an accessory. Like part of a design. Not like a human being. She's not being treasured or photographed as the focal point. She's being treated like a joke. Like an afterthought.

Yes. It's worse. She's being dragged on the floor on a skirt. Like an accessory. Like part of a design. Not like a human being. She's not being treasured or photographed as the focal point. She's being treated like a joke. Like an afterthought.

I think it makes a beautiful picture. I have one like that of my niece sitting on the back of my train for my wedding pictures.

This is much ado about nothing if you ask me. No one was hurt. The baby was fine.

So many other things to worry about.

I agree. If they valued their baby, they would have carried her up the aisle or she would have been cradled in some other way. Stuck like a barnacle on the tail of a dress is so telling.

Where were the grandparents? Obviously, there were no responsible adults that cared about the child's safety. Were they all on board with this horrific show or too afraid to stand up for the tiny victim?

I agree. If they valued their baby, they would have carried her up the aisle or she would have been cradled in some other way. Stuck like a barnacle on the tail of a dress is so telling.

Where were the grandparents? Obviously, there were no responsible adults that cared about the child's safety. Were they all on board with this horrific show or too afraid to stand up for the tiny victim?

I don't see how people can say these people don't care about the baby or value her. They wanted her front and center too. yes, this is ridiculous but still it does not mean they treated her like trash.

I don't see how people can say these people don't care about the baby or value her. They wanted her front and center too. yes, this is ridiculous but still it does not mean they treated her like trash.

But she isn't front and center at all, is she, that's what looks so weird and wrong. She is behind the mother's back, on the floor no less, while everyone else is standing. She looks like a puppet, just weird. And the wedding guests look kind of blankly down at her, I think nobody really knew what to make of it. Nobody looks like they thought it's a sweet idea.

But she isn't front and center at all, is she, that's what looks so weird and wrong. She is behind the mother's back, on the floor no less, while everyone else is standing. She looks like a puppet, just weird. And the wedding guests look kind of blankly down at her, I think nobody really knew what to make of it. Nobody looks like they thought it's a sweet idea.

Well all that matters is the bride and groom were okay with it. The child was unharmed. She is a month old. All she cares about is a clean diaper sleeping and eating.

Again, the child is not hurt, not abused.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back