Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, they said her first initial and that was it. I'm not sure why someone sent PM's saying people were naming minors, but whatever.
I don't mention any names unless I've seen them mentioned first, and I then assume it's ok.
*shrugs*

I started the discussion after I saw the name of Jacques sister, who is an allged victim of sexual assault, and right after saw the first name of someone who may or may not be a former boyfriend of AR, who some thought was the first name of Juvenile 2, and right after that saw a post about having the name of AR's minor sister.

But I didn't PM the moderators.

May I ask a question though, Savanna's name has been mentioned a million times and nobody seems to care, including the mods and admin.

I guess I'm not clear on when it's fine to mention a minor's name and when it's not.
I think the situation with Savanna is different - there have been no allegations of abuse against her and she's appeared on national TV news stories about her sister. I'm also not sure she's a minor - isn't she in college?

I agree that there's no need to know the names of any minors who may be victims in this case. I do hope that any kids at risk have been taken out of whatever living situation they're in.

The rule of thumb always used in the past was IF a minors name has been revealed in the Media, then it's okay, IF NOT...........don't mention the name.

Savanna is not a minor, and has been on Nat'l TV.

In the case against Chester Stiles, we knew the victims name and her mothers, but it hadn't been published in the media. We also had/have numerious photos from the families involved from their PB account, but could not post them as it involved MINORS.

so we know AR's name?...how do we even know AR is her initials?....(i guess i'm really confused on this one)....doesn't matter anyway...i'm shrugging along with evelyn, lol......i'm moving on:)

Someone just posted what we knew a long time ago..the name of MJ's sister, who is definitely not a minor anymore.
I think someone took issue with that, because MJ's sister is a victim of sexual abuse....allegedly.
That is what started the entire "don't post the name of a minor" talk.
Other than MJ's sister being named, I don't think anybody posted the name of a minor in the last thread.

May I ask a question though, Savanna's name has been mentioned a million times and nobody seems to care, including the mods and admin.
I guess I'm not clear on when it's fine to mention a minor's name and when it's not.
Thanks.

I have not seen that about 'Savannah'...if you see a minors name posted that I have missed, please PM post # or link to post if you know how (click the post #, new window opens, copy info in address bar and paste into PM).

The first post in this thread makes it very clear. Forget about what was going on before, go from here and follow the rule in that post. TIA.

I guess I missed it....been on the thread all day and totally missed any minors being named....

I didn't get any audio at all. Maybe they will fix it and put the audio back up when they are done.
My very dearest DeltaDawn,:blowkiss:
I have audio and they said that there are 20 computers that were seized from the library.

love and Respect,
dark_shadows

I agree with you 1000%, if someone heard something like that they should have reported it. What I meant is when you know a situation is a bad one, but you have no evidence--or the family denies it when questioned by DSS-- and you can legally do nothing more, except keep watching for an opportunity to legally intervene.

I am sorry for what happened in your family, and I didn't mean that people shouldn't try.

Thank you. And yes, that's true. You can't go calling family services every time you hear a rumor, but if/when you hear something that extreme, it's better safe than sorry.

I started the discussion after I saw the name of Jacques sister, who is an allged victim of sexual assault, and right after saw the first name of someone who may or may not be a former boyfriend of AR, who some thought was the first name of Juvenile 2, and right after that saw a post about having the name of AR's minor sister.

But I didn't PM the moderators.

it doesn't matter Medea:)...i think we can get past this, & go by the rules...btw, i'm enjoying reading your posts...lots of food for thought...

"AR" are the initials used in the affidavits to identify 'juvenile 1'.

A search for information about Jacques' wife, Denise, reveals a prior marriage to someone whose last name starts with 'R'.

I think the first name is or was mentioned on someone's myspace page?

The rule of thumb always used in the past was IF a minors name has been revealed in the Media, then it's okay, IF NOT...........don't mention the name.

Savanna is not a minor, and has been on Nat'l TV.

In the case against Chester Stiles, we knew the victims name and her mothers, but it hadn't been published in the media. We also had/have numerious photos from the families involved from their PB account, but could not post them as it involved MINORS.
oh ok my mistake, I thought Savanna was under 18.

However, MJ's sister is currently not a minor.
If I'm not mistaken this entire complaint started over a poster who is a local in Vermont telling us MJ's sister name.
Someone thought it was wrong, because she (MJ's sister) was sexually abused as a minor...I can understand that, but she's currently a grown woman now.
Also, according to the Vermont poster she is very very close with MJ and was in court when he (MJ) was arraigned.
I don't see why mentioning her name was a big deal.
:confused:

I don't see an issue with not naming minors, I'm fine with initials, or whatever. I'm mostly interested in the adults in this case!

:)

Wait - I thought the sister who had been abused 20 years ago but refused to file charges had later committed suicide. No?

"AR" are the initials used in the affidavits to identify 'juvenile 1'.

A search for information about Jacques' wife, Denise, reveals a prior marriage to someone whose last name starts with 'R'.

I think the first name is or was mentioned on someone's myspace page?

ahhhh, ok.....got it, Diane, & thanks:)

so we know AR's name?...how do we even know AR is her initials?....(i guess i'm really confused on this one)....doesn't matter anyway...i'm shrugging along with evelyn, lol......i'm moving on:)

LOL, Christine will attest to the fact that I have never contacted her or other regarding this matter. I left it up to the MODS, Christine & . I just kept reading along, I'm a poster, not a MOD.

There has been a name associated to AR's first name & photos in the MySpace link.

Wait - I thought the sister who had been abused 20 years ago but refused to file charges had later committed suicide. No?

welllllll, i don't think we actually know this, but it's a possibility...?

that's what i've gotten out of reading the last couple of days...

I thought the whole library had been seized! Just the computers though.
My very dearest Taximom,:blowkiss:
Yes, I was giving the amount of the computers taken.

Love and Respect,
dark_shadows

Oh really? Man, I missed that. This case is so very sorted.
I just know what someone posted in thread #14...that's she's alive and is still supportive of her brother. At least that's the way I read it.
:confused:

LOL, Christine will attest to the fact that I have never contacted her or other regarding this matter. I left it up to the MODS, Christine & . I just kept reading along, I'm a poster, not a MOD.

There has been a name associated to AR's first name & photos in the MySpace link.

nooooooo, i know you're not a mod TG (but probably should be, imo).....i honestly don't care who pm'd Christine...does not matter at all...they have every right to do so, if something is making them feel uncomfortable here....i thought everything was going pretty well in the last thread though....jmo:blowkiss:

just confused how we can know AR's name....i missed all that in the beginning of this case.....i've been set straight by you & Diane now on that one:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlackBalled